About the Space

Landing on Third Space
by Alice and Lucinda
Lunar Landing Magazine

We went to his old house last Feb. 21.   Spooky is not the right word to describe the place.  The vibes just don't jive here.

The place carries a dark aura if you believe that sort of thing.  Mind you, this is not the only house to carry weird things here in St. Ignatius.  A friend of mine who happened to live in this sub before spoke of being housemates with three ghosts when he was a child here and their house carries this same feel.  But what do I really know right?

We arrived there during the night when all these weird people in spooky costumes were hanging around the place.  The house itself is bathed in a strange glow (projectors).  There are white rats inside the kitchen shelves bathed in pink light and there seems to be some sort of S and M room happening at the back with a Sauna Parlor cum Electrocution chamber off to the sides.   Then there's the blackout and the heat so's not waiting for no more fashion shows or telethons we scoot right out of there.

Comes the next issue of Lunar Landing and what weird planet better to jettison off to but the Third Space.  We're lost.   We ask the guard for directions.  Ano? Ah, kina Banal.  Kanan, kanan, kaliwa ng konti kanan.  Ano raw? We get there.  Pink steps with the number 14 spray painted on it.  We go up the steps, knock on the door.  There's Yason or Sonja who lets us in.  He's playing Indigo Girls and the room he leads us to has all these children's work all around.  They're holding art workshops here.  Nice artworks, nice folksy music, not so dark aura.  I guess night times can be scary huh.

So we ask Yason about ze scary house.   Any skeletons inside the closets? Seen any ghosts? Ba't ang bigat ng dating dito? Ano natutulog kang mag-isa dito? Hindi ka ba natatakot.

The ghosts are afraid of showing themselves to Sonja.  Ye unbelievers but yes, the Spirit Questors already came here and surprise, surprise there are beings not of this world.  This is not a ghost story though so let's finish it up with the house.  Yason's family is only the 2nd one to own the place.  They bought the house from the Rochesters who in turn used to board some sort of weird cult or something like that.  I know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, so what do you think the people in this house were projecting onto the poor old house? Of course I figure that's where all the suppressed pent-up energy would go.  Giving the house its aura.  I said I wouldn't talk no ghost stories anymore.  Now where was I, the house right?

The house, the space, Third Space is what it's about.  It's not a gallery, but the space though is for sale and if you're interested in showing your works there, call Yason.  It's not a school either though if you want lessonsion painting, photography, sculpture, etc, etc, you can call Third Space for one.  (I don't guarantee you'll be seeing any ghosts.)  If you want someone to talk to , Yason's at his house and you can give additional energy to his space.   What do you call Third Space anyway? (It's like calling the artist formerly known as Prince whatever that sign is.)  Thank God I can call Yason Yason or Jason, Sonja, whatever.  I like Yason, he's friendly, he offered us Oreos (yung Pinoy version) and gallons of water plus he has interesting things to say.  (Our one-on-one interview with Yason coming next issue.)

exhibits | library | about the Space
[email protected]