Amarillo's Fixed Gas Prices

This site has been developed to inform consumers, tourists and possible investors of a business to avoid.  I have also developed it in hopes that I can attract a new chain of convenience stores to help crack the stranglehold Tootntotum has on Amarillo.  Toot n totum is a convenience store in Amarillo that has positioned itself to be the dominant gas selling business in town.  Greg Mitchell and his sister (the mayor of Amarillo) have methodically bought out the competition and used his large presence in Amarillo to influence gas prices in Amarillo and the surrounding towns in the panhandle of Texas.

Cheap Gas
Want $500 for Free... get a Sam's card. Today, Sams is $.17 cents cheaper than Toot 'n Totum. At that rate, you could save as much as $500 per year by not purchasing gas at Tootntotem.  Buy Gas from Walmart. Don't buy from Taylor Mart or Pak a sak. Pakasak and Taylor Mart change their prices and keep them exactly the same as Toot 'n Totum. Check out GasBuddy.com to see where the cheapest gas is and see for yourself how Tootntotum consistently the highest priced gas.

Other Links about Toot n Totum
TakeItInTheGas.com check out their LOGO!!!!

BoycottTootntotum.com

AreYouSuccessful.net

Buying the Competition
Several years ago Mr. Mitchell started his plan of raising gas prices in Amarillo by buying out Diamond Shamrock.  He then bought Westgate Carwash and shut it down.

Power to Influence
Mr Mitchell uses his dominance to influence other gas stations to follow the leader in pricing.  His stores outnumber his closest competition by almost 10 to 1.  This influence is evident because Tootntotums are always the highest in town.  If there is a Tootntotum accross the street from another gas station, the Tootntotum will always be at least $.01 higher.  Tootntotum is never lower than the competition.  I have asked several non Tootntotum gas station attendants how they manage their prices and every one of the answered the same.  "We watch Tootntotum, when they go up we go up, when they go down we go down."

MOM and POP Stores
If you pay attention to the location of most of his stores, you will notice that many of his stores are located right next door to a "Mom and Pop" store.   Tootntotum also tailors his prices to match or beat the prices of the next door competition.  The price of a tootntotum fountain drink in a store next to a "Mom and Pop" store may be $.35 while a Tootntotum without competition next door will sell the same size drink for almost $1.00.

What we can do to stop this: Don't shop at Tootntotum!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Mitchell has been quoted in the Amarillo paper saying "I bend over backwards to keep money in Amarillo".  He should have said "I bend over all people in Amarillo and take their money".  Who cares if he keeps his money in Amarillo if he's ripping everyone off by more than $.10 per gallon of gas and is trying to run the small stores out of business.  The people that own these small stores are only trying to make a living and take care of their families.  There is no justification of having gas prices that vary between five and ten cents per gallon in the same town with the same company selling the gas.  I challenge each and every citizen of Amarillo to stay away from Tootntotum!  Don't shop there even when Tootntotum finally comes down to earth with their prices.  Tell your friends about the friend that they don't want to have in Tootntotum and let them know where to buy the cheapest gas.  You can also send me an email to address below if you know where to get cheap gas in Amarillo and I'll post it on this site.

If you have any questions or comments on how to make this site better, send me an email at [email protected]