Logo

Best viewed with:

Download Internet Explorer!
(recommended)

Download Netscape Navigator!

Here you will find answers to most of your questions.

Do you offer prepaid cellular service?
What are the System Licensing Charges?
Is there an activation fee?
How do I activate my cellular phone?
How long does it take to activate my phone?
What is "roaming"?
Can I take the cellular service overseas?
What are the methods I can pay for my service?
How to you charge for airtime?
Where are the coverage areas for cellular phones?
Is warranty offered on phones?
How is long distance billed?
What about these locked in contracts?
What do I do if I'm not completely satisfied with my service?

Do you offer prepaid cellular service?
Yes, we do offer prepaid cellular service through Cantel AT&T and Bell Mobility. ClearNET does not offer prepaid cellular service.

What are the System Licensing Charges?
All wireless companies have to pay the Canadian Government a fee for digital cellular services. This fee only applies if you have a digital phone service plan. Bell Mobility and Cantel AT&T charge a yearly fee of approximately $50.00. ClearNET charges on a monthly base of $4.95.

Is there an activation fee?
Bell Mobility and Cantel AT&T have a one-time activation fee. ClearNET does not charge an activation fee.

How do I activate my cellular phone?
For Bell Mobility and Cantel AT&T, your phone will be activated by Hi-Tech Communications. For ClearNET, you must call the toll-free number given on the box to activate your cellular phone.

How long does it take to activate my phone?
Your phone will be in service in approximately one-two hours after your registration is completed.

What is "roaming"?
A roaming charge is incurred, in addition to your regular per-minute charge, when you use your wireless telephone outside of your home service area. Roaming charges and area will vary based upon different service providers.

Can I take the cellular service overseas?
You may take your cellular service overseas to over 80 different countries with Bell Mobility and Cantel AT&T. ClearNET currently does not offer the ability to take your phone Internationally other then the United States Of America. Also note, you may need to purchase a special GSM phone for international use.

What are the methods I can pay for my service?
There are five methods you can pay for your service:
1. Mail a cheque or money order
2. Pre-authorized Credit Card or Bank payment
3. In person at most financial institutions
4. Credit Card payment over the phone
5. Telephone/PC Banking NOTE: This does not apply for prepaid services.

How to you charge for airtime?
This depends on the type of plan you have. Most digital plans charge by the second and Analog plans are charged by the minute except ClearNET Analog which charges by the second. All prepaid plans charge by the minute.

Where are the coverage areas for cellular phones?
Click here to see the coverage area of Bell Mobility in Canada.
Click here to see the coverage area of Cantel AT&T in Canada.
Click here to see the coverage area of ClearNET in Canada.

Is warranty offered on phones?
Different cellular phones have different warranty periods. Most phones come with a one year limited warranty offered by the service provider and the manufacturer of your phone.

How is long distance billed?
For any plan that does not include free long distance, carriers charge a fee for the long distance portion of a wireless call. All three providers have different long distance fees.

What about these locked in contracts?
This depends on the type of plan you currently have. Bell Mobility and Cantel AT&T have plans, which you must sing a long-term contract. With ClearNET, you may cancel anytime you want. Also note, with prepaid there is no locked in contract therefore you may cancel anytime you wish.

What do I do if I'm not completely satisfied with my service?
If your not satisfied with your service, you must contact your service provider as soon as possible. Thereafter, they will evaluate your situation and refund your money according to your service. You must note that Bell Mobility and Cantel AT&T have different policies on returns. ClearNET offers a simple 30-day guarantee in which if you are not satisfied with your phone or service, simply return it and you will be given a refund with no questions asked.

[Home] [F.A.Q.] [Feedback] [Contact Us] [Help]
Cellular Phones >> [Accessories] [Services]
[Cellular Plans]
Pagers >> [Accessories] [Services] [Pager Plans]

© 2000 Hi-Tech Communications