Return to YOU CAN TUNE   TUNING FOR PROFIT   YOU CAN REPAIR

Why not an E-book?

taking account

A. I can offer a money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with my books, simply return them for a full refund. I couldn't offer a money back guarantee with E-Books.
B. You have a bound, convenient and organized copy of my books in hand for easier reading. No tedious and costly print outs, and no strain trying to read on-screen documents.
C. There's no other purchase necessary. My books are sold complete with tools. E-books aren't.

Several people have suggested that I offer my tuning books on-line as an "E-book" download. There are several reasons I continue to resist this idea, however, and I'm not simply being contrary or arbitrary. I'm also not trying to be anti-technology or difficult to get along with (despite what my ex-wife might tell you). I'm just trying to provide you with the best quality instruction books at the lowest possible price. While E-books may SEEM to be a good idea, there are a couple of hidden factors you should consider.

My books are spiral bound, organized and convenient. You can actually hold them in your hand while you are at the piano. With an E-book you will need to use Adobe Acrobat or some other program to read it on-screen (which, in my humble opinion, is not only annoying but bad on the eyes as well). And unless your computer is on top of your piano, you'll need to run back and forth from one to the other to do the tuning exercises. OR, alternatively, you will have to print the book out on your printer. If you use a typical ink-jet printer, printing a long document with illustrations is both expensive and tedious, and still leaves you with an inconvenient and unbound stack of loose pages. As a matter of fact, my eight lesson course, PIANO TUNING AND REPAIR FOR PROFIT, runs over two hundred pages with dozens of illustrations and would be costly and impractical to print on an inkjet printer, and virtually impossible to read on-screen without going blind.

Return to top

Even though you may get an E-book downloaded directly to your computer hard drive, unless you already have the tuning tools on hand, you are going to need to order them separately, increasing the cost to you, and you won't be able to learn to tune until your tools arrive. Though you can purchase my books separately, if you wish, all include the required tools. There are no hidden charges. Everything you need to tune your piano is paid for up front and no other purchase is necessary.

I offer a money back guarantee. If you are not satisifed with the book, simply return it in good condition within 14 days and I'll refund your money, no questions asked (the same applies to the tool kits). Obviously, you cannot return an E-book once you've downloaded the files to your computer. If you order by mail, you'll have a bound, organized and portable copy that you can take to the piano for the tuning exercises, saving both time and your eyesight.

Return to top