Searching For A Little Piano Repair?

YOU CAN REPAIR AND REGULATE YOUR OWN PIANO.
 Spinet action drawing

Got a sticking key that's ruining your Beethoven? A damper that hangs up and lets the note ring on? No need to call a piano tuner. Just look up the problem in this fully illustrated book, take the appropriate tool from the included tool kit, and make a simple adjustment or repair that might easily have cost you 50 dollars or more in service fees if you had called a tuner.

Let's face it, the piano is a machine with hundreds of moving parts and even the best models are subject to a variety of problems.....sticking keys, broken action parts or parts out of adjustment, rattling soundboards, missing strings, hardening felts, etc. All these things can ruin your piano practice and all are likely on any piano that is used regularily. And, they all can cost you money UNLESS you have YOU CAN REPAIR AND REGULATE YOUR OWN PIANO and the quality tools that accompany it.

Like most people, you may have just assumed that your piano is such a complex instrument that only someone with an engineering degree or years of experience can understand it's workings. Well, it isn't so!  Just as my companion volume YOU CAN TUNE YOUR OWN PIANO, proved that the average piano owner can master tuning, so this 75 page booklet will show that the piano mechanism is easily understood and easily repaired by anyone willing to take the time to learn a few simple procedures. Piano construction and operation are presented in a concise style, illustrated with dozens of clearPiano action adjustments and easy to follow drawings and diagrams which show you step-by-step how to make most common regulations and repairs on any acoustic piano. AND, you are provided with the tools to do the work; a combination handle, off-set action screwdriver, key spacing tool, drop screw regulator, center pin punch, key bushing clamps and key dip regulating block.

These tools, along with a few common items you probably have on hand, such as parallel pliers and a couple of screwdrivers, will allow you to make almost any type of repair you'll likely encounter on most home pianos; uprights, spinets, consoles or grands. Most of the adjustments and many of the common repairs described can be made without the need for parts, or from easily improvised parts. Obviously, however, some action and keyboard repairs will require replacement parts. Check Parts for info on purchasing repair parts.

YOU'LL LEARN:

¤ How to free a sticking key
¤ How to repair a broken key
¤ How to free sticking dampers
¤ How to make common action and pedal adjustments
¤  How to safely remove and replace the actions in both vertical and grand pianos
¤ How to stop keyboard and action rattles and noises
¤ How to replace keytops
¤ How to repair cracks in the soundboard and bridges
¤ And Much More!

All this, and the opportunity to get further advice from me by mail or email anytime you need it, for the low price of $89.95, postage paid anywhere in the US (Canadian orders add $7 shipping, overseas add $15.00). Just send your check or money order (along with your return address) to:

Peter Summers
3724 Broadway #409
Kansas City, MO. 64111

Or click here to print an order form

Or call me at (816)753-8173 or . I can usually send your order out the same business day I receive payment. (Sorry, no credit cards). To expedite delivery, tools and book may be sent in separate packages. Fully guaranteed. If not satisified, return the book and tools in good condition within 14 days and I'll return your money.

Why not an E-book? Click here).

Home
HOME
Return to top