This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / WELCOME TO THE BOARD III

Next 20 Messages
Claidhaim
User ID: 8590713
Jan 4th 11:35 AM
As chairman of the Welcoming Committee, I hereby open the new welcome board to all.
Nikki
User ID: 0415304
Jan 4th 12:16 PM
Hey!

Been lurking for a while now, but just started posting. I completely love GRRM, but I can't seem to find any of his books besides ASOIAF. I know they're out there somewhere....where can I find them?
Also wondering if you could tell me what IIRC means. I think I've pretty much got all the other abbreviations, but that one I'm still stuck on. :) Hey, I can't know everything ALL the time!

thanks!
Ser Gary
User ID: 9328513
Jan 4th 1:37 PM
Nikki, Welcome aboard.

If I Remember Correctly it means If I Remember Correctly :)

p.s. Love your Sansa theories because they so closely resemble mine.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Jan 4th 2:05 PM
Claid, I started on Dragonstone as well but _thought_ I heard mention of another board that existed even before Dragonstone. Is that true? Also, who ran Dragonstone and what happened to it? I remembered when it crashed but wonder why it was never revived.
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Jan 4th 2:15 PM
Peter Gibbs, an Australian, ran it. He had the first real ASoIaF fan site, Dragonstone (which is still around -- try looking for Dragonstone in Yahoo, and Revanshe and others may link to it.)

Unfortunately, he really ran out of time, and Dragonstone is severely outdated. Sulthon made a good move and got permission to use the Dragonstone FAQ as the basis for the FAQ at King's Landing. Also, the board system appears to not have been very stable at all, and really was best left behind.

Last I recall, Mr. Gibbs was one of the individuals who bid early on the SoS chapters manuscript. I don't believe he's been active in any of the discussion boards any longer, though perhaps he lurks.
Min
User ID: 7907793
Jan 5th 11:47 AM
I have been to Peter's old board. May he be blessed for it. Yes, well, he ran out of time, and Dragonstone hasn't been updated for more than a year. Ever since the message board crashed, I searched the board for a heir, and thank my fate that I found it. :-)

Nikki, welcome! Armageddon Rag is one of GRRM's other books, though totally different from ASoIaF. If you go to Revanshe's board (http://welcome.to/iceandfire), you will be able to find links to other pages, like the author's URL. Here you will find all his books listed.
Nikki
User ID: 0415304
Jan 5th 12:14 PM
Thanks Min! I'll be sure to check it out!
LindaElane
User ID: 0276214
Jan 5th 11:42 PM
Yes, there was a board before Dragonstone. The first day I ever posted was the second day of existence for the Dragonstone board, by coincidence. I think it was in October 1998....well, it was a few weeks before ACOK came out in England anyway. In the same search, I also found another message board. Everyone abandoned it for Dragonstone as the new one had a much, much better format. I no longer have a URL for that very old board.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jan 24th 8:46 PM
Is it only me, or is this board getting weird or something?

I see strange letters appearing all over the board...hope this doesn't mean we're headed for a new crash *knocks on wood*.

Oh well...perhaps it's just me. It's 03.45 in the morning, and I'm deadly tired. *yawn*

G'night, all.
Zer0hour
User ID: 1432154
Jan 24th 11:22 PM
Hey, hey, hey!!! I started out on the old Dragonstone board, too...only I went by Meeker (my last name). I've been thinking of goin back to Meeker but I dunno, everyone here is familiar with Zer0hour (anywhoo, off topic).
Can you believe it's already been almost a year since ACoK for us Americans? More than that for our European friends! Where does the time go...I remeber moping to the bookstore everyday to see if it was out yet, but no...and then I found it...hiding in the wrong section. I flipped out with excitement! Okay, I'll shut up now...
Min
User ID: 0074284
Jan 31st 12:37 PM
Why should you? None of us here ever does. :-)
Welcome, Zer0hour, to our little sanctuary of intelligence on the world wide web. ;-)))
Zer0hour
Jan 31st 6:20 PM
Actually, I've been on and off here for about a year now. I just had to open my big mouth...at least I know you've noticed me (sarcasm).
Ser Gary
User ID: 1502094
Feb 2nd 5:13 PM
Welcome back again, ZerO! It's like you never left.
Zer0
Feb 2nd 8:26 PM
Heheheh, thanks...I think...
Lord Knive
User ID: 0122954
Feb 4th 10:43 PM
Greetings!

After reading a song of ice and fire volumes 1 and 2, i browsed the net for more details and theories. Well here I am. Will be posting something soon, just have too see what is already said.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Feb 5th 5:04 AM
Lord Knive;

That could prove a lengthy mission...there are over 15.000 posts on this board. :o)
Min
User ID: 0074284
Feb 5th 8:18 AM
Knive, no problem if you bring up an old theorie as a new one. Just go ahead... as Kay said, it would take you years to see all that has been said. :-) Welcome here in the cozy darkness.
Zer0
Feb 6th 1:50 PM
Yeah, it's good to revisit old ideas long forgotten. It springs new ideas...
daremo
User ID: 9878643
Apr 25th 1:30 PM
I have posted a couple of times with first introducing myself. I have been lurking here and there for several years(Ravanshe may remember me but it was long ago). Anyway, hello to all and I will not just lurk any more. The time has come to contribute to the cause. As far as email if anyone wants it then ask.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Apr 25th 1:43 PM
Welcome, daremo. the recent news that Mr. Martin has finished ASOS and that there will be four weddings, two funerals, four trials, and a wake, have launched new rounds of ridiculous arguments and unsupported speculation. I love this place.
Next 20 Messages