This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Hello

"Nae'blis"
User ID: 7657103
Jan 22nd 1:20 AM
I just wondered onto this board a couple days ago and wanted to say hello to everyone on here. A very impressive board I have noticed, lots of postings to look at in this one. I would have to admit my knowledge of the A Song of Fire and Ice series isnt as good as my knowledge of The Wheel Of time series, but I have some good ideas on the book which I hope to tell all of you in the future. A quick question is there any kind of guide book, like the one they made for the Wheel Of Time, I would like to have a nice guide book with pictures of the people and places, and lots of background information on everything. It helps keep me in a good book reading mood when it feels like it hasnt been a year since I read the last book in the series. I dont like to reread whole books over again when I could read something new.
Dirjj
User ID: 9175333
Jan 22nd 1:27 AM
Welcome Naeblis, just by your name, I knew you were a Dragonsworn refugee before I even read your post.

No, to my knowledge, there is no guide. I really wish that there was. I too haven't felt like re-reading the books. I suppose I'll have to because there are too many (RAN) people who know (RAN) too damn much (RAN). They give me an inferiority complex at times. I like to think my memory is good, so I don't plan on starting a re-read until about a month before the next book comes out.

ab
Alex
User ID: 9704903
Jan 22nd 12:28 PM
Hi, Naeblis, I've met you before on Wotmania. Welcome!