This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / New Board!

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Revanshe Mar 23rd 7:08 PM
Hi folks, Ive created YET ANOTHER new board!!

Lets see how long this one lasts...
Fourthman
User ID: 1989294
Mar 23rd 7:48 PM
Can I get my fix here?
Ser Gary
User ID: 9279843
Mar 23rd 8:43 PM
Finally! I guess you found this site too, Fourthman?
Fourthman
User ID: 1989294
Mar 23rd 10:33 PM
Actually, I'm still looking for it.
haaruk Mar 23rd 11:21 PM
I know you guys.
Kay-Arne Hansen
User ID: 9209903
Mar 24th 3:10 AM
Yay, my abstinate period is brought to a halt.

Now, hopefully whoever gave the link to the GRRM chat transcript reads this, and can give it to us again.
I'm sure IVth is tired of me pestering him about it... :)

Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Mar 24th 7:33 AM
Hi guys. Thanks, Revanshe. We were all becoming suicidal. Revanshe, is it possible to maintain a backup of the postings, either in hard or soft copy? One of the real crimes of the Dragonstone disaster is that so much good discussion will never be viewed by future generations.
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Mar 24th 8:27 AM
Ahhhhh. Finally. I can now get my daily dose of ASOIAF info, opinion, and smart-ass comments. It's good to be back on.

Rev, you are the greatest.
Snake
User ID: 0018434
Mar 24th 8:46 AM
Thank the gods for Revanshe!
Benjen
User ID: 1195644
Mar 24th 8:48 AM
*hands shaking*

Please someone talk to me about aSoIaF, I'm dying over here.

JUST GIVE ME A HIT, one hit, please...
Benjen
User ID: 1195644
Mar 24th 8:52 AM
P.S. Thanks Revanshe
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Mar 24th 10:02 PM
Thanks so much for putting up a new board Revanshe. I do not mean to sound ungrateful, but I am having a major problem because I cannot access "new messages". Thus, if I want to visit the board, I will have to search through each subtopic each time I come. I won't have time to do that as the subtopics multiply. Is there anyway we could get another board with the discus format?

Oh, and I loved the "proofreading" feature. I could catch so many more of my typos once the board changed the color for me. Just human nature I suppose, when you look at something different you can see mistakes more readily than when you look at something that is the same.

And I liked being able to put "titles" on my posts.

And I liked the instant email feature.

oh....::::sob:::: I think I am in discus format withdrawal...........

Personally, I am highly suspicious that what crashed the discus board was the length of topics. Some of them became massively long. I think that if someone were to declare really long topics closed and to start up a "part 2" of the same topic, perhaps it would not crash. Just my own suspicions, I do not know it if is right or not.
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Mar 25th 12:31 PM
Revanshe - I justed wanted to mention that I like the way you're handling a multitude of messages on a single board (increments of 20, carrying over the topical message and the last message from the previous group). It will cut down on scrolling, while keep everybody on topic and knowledgeable about where the discussion stands. Nice job!
shardy
User ID: 8966303
Mar 25th 5:13 PM
I must say its been horrible not being able to read everyone's comments everyday. Thank you for the new board.
silver dragon
User ID: 1564944
Mar 25th 6:03 PM
I don't mean to interupt (you all seem to know eachother), but has anyone heard a possible date for the release of his next book. I know it's a bit early, but one can always hope ;)
Revanshe
User ID: 1404584
Mar 26th 8:28 PM
YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!! the board has been on for like 3 days, and there are likee 275 messages are more!!

Well, thanks for the compliments everyone :)

LindaE- I know, I know, I miss all the features of the DragonStone board too, but I have a feeling that it wasnt free (or maybe it was what is the discus format anyway?)

...this is the best free board I could find...(I think the EZ board had more of the features you are talking off, but of course it doesnt work, just my luck!!)
dirjj
User ID: 3758924
Mar 26th 10:57 PM
Wow, it's great to have found this site too. I'm glad that I was able run into my old clique here. I'm surprised that so far (it's still early) that I haven't seen any post's from LindaElane. I'm sure they'll come soon. We all seem to be congregating here. This site is new to me, so I guess I'm still used to the old one since I liked that one very much.

ab
dirjj
User ID: 3758924
Mar 26th 10:59 PM
silly me. I guess I need to have my eyes checked.

ab
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Mar 27th 6:02 PM
Actually, it is true that I am posting very little, Dirjj. I just cannot deal with having to search each topic to find out if there are new messages, and if so, where do the new messages begin? Also with the reloading for 20 more posts, as my computer loads slowly. It would be about two hours every night to keep up with the board, and I just don't have the time. ::::sniff:: Sorry to be a complainer. I will try to pop in once in a while from time to time, but I will not be aware of what has previously been said so please excuse any repetition on my part.

Anyway, thanks Revanshe. I know you did everything you could.
Min
User ID: 9433023
Apr 1st 4:34 PM
I know I am but repeating what others already said. I have to say it nevertheless.
Revanshe, I do not know how many hours you put in the Dragonstone board. And how many in this one. But your efforts are highly appreciated. Really.
It is not only talking about a beloved topic. It is more. There is _no_ other board no matter what topic, that provides do many deep and serious discussions as this one.
Of course we all love ASoIaF, but by discussing these topics and characters, we came to discussing ourselves.
Thanks to GRRM's work. And thanks to you, Revanshe.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages