This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / irc

xaosx
User ID: 0492334
Apr 30th 3:35 PM
If anyone is ever on irc and using the efnet network, i opened the channel #westeros. I'm the only one in it now, but if we get enough people in there we can chat it up. Hope to see you there!
Clay
User ID: 2316924
May 1st 11:48 PM
any particular efnet server work best?
xaosx
May 2nd 10:51 PM
depends where your coming from :)
irc.idle.net,
irc.freei.net,
irc.lagged.org,
irc.prison.net,
irc.home.com,
irc-e.frontiernet.net

Any of those should work

Hope to see SOMEONE there :)
Clay
User ID: 8046873
May 3rd 1:40 PM
I spent about 3 hours in there yesterday afternoon. Maybe folks will show up eventually.

Can you register nicks on Efnet?
xaosx
May 3rd 2:33 PM
Nope, cant register nicks on efnet.

I hope more people show up too, i am usually the only non-bot there.
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0276214
May 12th 1:30 PM
I went there but it didn't look like the
#Westeros I know. No one had any of the book's names and everyone was an OP. Also, no topic heading of any sort.
xaosx
May 16th 9:58 AM
yeah, everyone in there is a bot. except me, and Clay comes in once and awhile too. maybe it will just take time to grow.
sparhawk
User ID: 0436494
May 16th 12:22 PM
HERE I CAME BABY! (AND I COME WITH DA THUNDA!)
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Jun 20th 5:26 PM
This is in regards to a new IRC channel set up by the folk at DragonSworn. Here's Ishamael's post concerning #winterfell:

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd drop a line about this. On Undernet IRC Antacid (A member) andb Demandred (Staff Director) have started a brand new channel, #winterfell. It's just started, but it's intent is to provide a fun environment for aSoIaF fans. Inlcuding, but not limited to, series debates. If it's slow now and then, bear with us: we're just getting started. While you're at it, stop by #dragonsworn and say hello to some of us

If you need a client to get on undernet, we recommend mIRC, www.mirc.co.uk . If you need any help at all, just email Dem, at [email protected] and make him work.

Further, Demandred added:

Since the mIRC endorsed above by Ishamael may only frustrate you, in this case, I am providing links here to the following: www.ircle.com, a client for you Mac users out there. and www.bitchx.org is a popular client for Linux and similar systems, which also has versions available for Windows, Mac, and just about everything else, really. Even OS/2!

I wonder, how much interest is there in regular, guided discussions as with the old Revanshe-Greyjoy talks? They hope to start doing them sometime next month.