This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Dragonsworn Reborn!

Tom R.
User ID: 3647314
Jun 5th 5:15 AM
Well, just to make sure everybody knew about this, I'll try a separate thread (with apologies to RJ).

For anybody that's interested, the Dragonsworn Board has been fully restored, and it looks pretty good to me. I would encourage you to take a look at it, even if you don't plan to post there. (The ... umm ... three people [is it that many?] posting there now in the ASOIAF section seem to like it well enough, though we're liable to be overrun by the Wheel of Timers eventually.)

Here's the URL, FYI:

http://dragonsworn.cytherianage.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Tom R.
Jul 8th 3:52 PM
Hmmmm... Maybe I spoke too soon. Dragonsworn appears to have ... died. The dreaded "temporarily unavailable" message is all I'm getting. The last time the Dragonsworn board did this, "temporary" amounted to about 6 months....

Ran, do you know what's up with that board?
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Jul 8th 4:51 PM
Afraid not. I'm going to guess that this has to do with the change to the new server, so it's very probably a temporary issue. I hope. :)
gad
User ID: 8736803
Jul 9th 6:41 AM
I have had a look at the board last week. As a relative newbie, is there any reason why I should partly migrate to that board? I can't think of one. This one is so good, and I believe in the adage: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

There are packaging frills in the dragonsworn board, but this one seems to have more substantive content.

BTW Ran, the new logos on this board are cool and all.
Ants
User ID: 8576533
Jul 10th 5:13 AM
This is the only message site I visit. Is there any others that deal with ASOIAF that I should visit? I'm only interested in ones that have real life to them, like this one.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Jul 10th 8:15 AM
Actually, gad has a point. Tom, why are you so enamored of the Dragonsworn board? I'm just kinda curious.
labor
User ID: 0798784
Jul 10th 8:23 AM
Not to mention that the dragonsworn board seems to go down when someone sneezes at it ;) .

I did post on it from time to time, but that last crash might just have used the last drop of my patience with it.
Revanshe
User ID: 1634094
Jul 10th 5:59 PM
Dragonsworn is actually working, as of 6:55 PM EST (July 10th).
arcnom
User ID: 9719083
Jul 10th 6:05 PM
I stumbled on the dragonsworn board the otherday and really liked the way it looked. It was funny. I recognized postings from familiar names from this board and wondered about how it compared to this one. I haven't had much time lately to look at it but will keep track of posts there for sure. It had the extra RJ stuff which interests me.
Arend
User ID: 9941493
Jul 10th 6:10 PM
Actually, I started out on Dragonsworn. I liked all the little icons, and the less macabre grey backgroud, as well as the smaller volume of posts. Discussion seemed to stay a little more focused, but that is an impression from long ago, so I myself regard it as suspect. Then the board went down and I had to find my kicks elsewhere. The Initiate-> Member things is annoying though. And this board has definitely grown on me :-)
Tom R.
User ID: 9342693
Jul 10th 8:46 PM
"Enamored," Jeff? Well, let's just say I don't get out much. :-)

Actually, I just like Dragonsworn because the pace is a little slower over there, the number of posters is smaller, poster personalities therefore seem more distinct (fewer number of POVs, you might say) and so it's generally easier for me to keep up with and remember where people are coming from in a given discussion.

Eesite is a great board, I grant you, but given a choice I generally prefer "smaller groups" and Dragonsworn has that to offer. Plus, I do like the technical interface better over there. Have you tried it?
Tom R.
Aug 22nd 9:14 AM
Say, Ran, as a moderator over at Dragonsworn, did you get any kind of e-mail or anything from them about what's wrong with the board? Just wondering...

Also, as long as I'm asking... The Citadel site looks great--hadn't been there in a while. When do you plan to get the new "Thus Spake Martin" info. posted?
Ran
User ID: 0743024
Aug 22nd 9:20 AM
Ahh, well, we were going to do it yesterday, but it seems our route to the server is severely lagged at some point. We haven't been able to do any real updating. So . . . once our lag clears up, we'll be updating the SSM and the like. :)
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Aug 23rd 9:54 AM
Never got back to you, Tom. Sorry.

I've tried Dragonsworn, and I suppose technically it is superior. But I don't really have time to frequent 2 boards. And while the volume of messages here is a bit daunting, it would be rather pointless to go somewhere where the discussions necessarily must start from ground zero. Plus, I know so many people here that it would be like leaving a group of friends that I really don't wish to leave.
haaruk
User ID: 9063723
Aug 23rd 11:25 PM
I haven't been arrested yet. I'll stay here.
Lommy
User ID: 0143424
Aug 24th 0:13 AM
Ran, did you get my email for the SSM, just wondering.
Ran
Aug 24th 4:28 AM
Mrm, which e-mail was it Lommy? I've gotten a lot of them lately. :)
Lommy
User ID: 0143424
Aug 24th 11:04 AM
Ran it was the jenny oldstones one
Ran
Aug 24th 11:05 AM
Oh, yeah, I got it. :) It's Mail #105 in the SSM collection.
Tom R.
User ID: 8966303
Aug 29th 7:43 PM
Jeff: I understand completely. Home is where you feel most comfortable. Eesite, at least, seems to stay up and running a little better than Dragonsworn, which is, at this very moment, once again as dead as a doornail. :(