This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Im Quitting!!

Revanshe
User ID: 2686314
Jun 19th 2:26 PM
This is just a copy of what is posted on my site,
http://welcome.to/iceandfire.....

Why? Well, I just finished my first year of Medical School. That was why there weren't many updates during the past year.
Second year is supposed to be even more difficult, so I doubt I will have time to do any updates! I'll just be way too busy to
give this site the time and attention it deserves.

Such a situation is not really fair to this site, my fans, the books and Mr.Martin. Thus, Ive decided that perhaps I should hand
over running of this site to someone who is interested, and who has more time than I do.

If you are interested in running this site, email me at [email protected] a short paragraph telling me why, what you plan to
do with the site, etc.

As the new administrator of the site, you will get complete control. I will email you the necessary information (like passwords,
etc). You can update the site as often as you wish, change layouts, and make additions and deletions as your heart desires.

Please, email if you are interested, by July 1rst, 2000. If no one is interested, This site will remain without updates, and will
become a graveyard, much like Dragonstone is today :(.
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0276214
Jun 19th 5:49 PM
eeeek!
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
Jun 20th 8:28 AM
Time brings changes to us all, Rev. I'm happy to learn that Medical school has become your focus and aim, and I hope you are enjoying it.

I hope you will still have time to enjoy GRRM, if that is still your wish. I also hope you will drop by here or Dragonsworn from time to time. Your knowledge and insight into the series will be missed.

Thank you for all you have done for the GRRM junkies who hang here.
daremo
User ID: 7545583
Jun 20th 9:36 AM
Revanshe,

Yours was the first site Song of Ice and Fire site that I found. I wish I had the time/knowledge to continue the site but, alas I do not. You will be missed.
labor
User ID: 0798784
Jun 20th 10:56 AM
Thanks for everything, Revanshe, your site and especially this message board were a great fantasy haven for me!
Tom O.
User ID: 2511854
Jun 20th 12:44 PM
Revanshe,

Thanks for all of the fun and thought provoking comments. Your efforts have deffinately made my reading more enjoyable. Especially in the in-between times. :)

Tom
Arend
User ID: 9941493
Jun 20th 4:01 PM
I wish I could take over the burden Revanshe. Your site was always a joy to browse. However, being in my final year in grad school, I think you can see my problem :-) Good luck with med school.
Padraig
User ID: 8548253
Jun 20th 4:22 PM
Revanshe, sad to see you abdicate. I would be right in saying that you will at least get aSoS during your summer break? For all your efforts, you deserve that at least;-)
Kristin
User ID: 0422394
Jun 20th 11:25 PM
Wow, congratulations on completing your first year! That's exciting. Good luck!
Revanshe
User ID: 2686314
Jun 20th 11:30 PM
Oh yeah, I already pre-ordered my copy of ASOS.
Hopefully, since I wont be working on my site
I'll have more time for ASOS discussions...
Ser Gary
User ID: 1523284
Jun 21st 7:18 AM
Revanshe,
I would have missed you more as a contributor than as an administrator. I'm glad you'll continue to offer your perspectives in these discussions. Good luck with that career!!!
Sulthon
User ID: 3118454
Jun 23rd 11:19 AM
As someone who also runs a GRRM website and has a busy schedule I understand how hard it can be. Your site was the first GRRM site I visited and was my inspiration for King's Landing.

Good luck and I hope to keep reading your posts on the board!
haaruk
User ID: 9265663
Jun 23rd 12:38 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Revanshe. You are quite special.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jun 26th 10:45 AM
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Thanks for all the work you've put down here, Revanshe. It has provided me with great pleasure.
Min
User ID: 0860834
Jun 28th 4:27 AM
Rev,

thank you so much for everything! You gave us a home. We will never foget you.
Fourthman
User ID: 0199184
Jun 28th 1:16 PM
I shed a tear. I'll see you on the other side.