This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Christmas

Next 20 Messages
Snake
User ID: 0018434
Dec 13th 8:32 AM
Well people Christmas will soon be here and I am going home Friday. Yahoo, nothing like ice, wind and snow to make it seem like Christmas(and lots of booze).
Anyhow, hope you all have a holiday season full of joy and happiness and that the new year to come will be a terrific one. Remember, however, that Winter is Coming. Have a good one.

Snake
Ser Benjen
User ID: 1195644
Dec 13th 11:11 AM
Have a great holiday, Snake.
Ami
User ID: 8666863
Dec 13th 12:07 PM
*singing and shaking booty vigoursly*

Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad, ...

*trails off cuz I don't know the other spanish lyrics and picks up again where comfortable*

I wanna wish you a Merry Chistmas, from the bottom of my heart!

Even tho I don't believe in Jesus (no offense to those of you who do) I enjoy putting up my pagan Christmas tree and being nice to people and giving my step-son witchcraft promoting Pokemon toys.

*smiles wide,w/lots of teeth*
Ser Gary
User ID: 9279843
Dec 13th 6:53 PM
Merry Christmas, Snake. Have a nice trip. Merry Christmas to everyone who might need to duck out of here early.

May the year 2000 bring us all good times and as many friends as we made in 1999.

Believe me, Ami's post is a tough act to follow.
Dirjj
User ID: 0094674
Dec 14th 11:45 PM
I hope the year 2K brings us 2 new ASOI&F books. Ah, wishful thinking.

ab

that's a wish for all of us, I'll keep the personal ones to myself :-)
Aerian
User ID: 0512724
Dec 15th 5:40 AM
Here! Here!
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Dec 16th 3:36 PM
Well, I'll be heading home pretty soon myself - have my last exam tomorrow (*ack!*), and am pretty much out of pocket, as I usually am at the end of semester.
'Tis home to live on my mom's cooking for a few weeks. :o)

Take care, have a nice Christmas, and be nice to eachother out there.
(I'll not go into details what I mean about 'nice'...you know me, you do the maths yourselves. :o))
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Dec 16th 3:51 PM
Kay-Arne, Merry Christmas!!!

I hope you can get back to us real soon.
Min
User ID: 9433023
Dec 16th 10:35 PM
Kay, good luck for your exam tomorrow. You will do perfectly, quick wits and all. And have a good trip home, both of you, Snake and Kay. Do not get snowed in and get back asap, we will miss you.

A good christmas to each of you. May it be full of joy, no matter which faith you have. I will think of you when the new year comes, and wish that we will have as many good discussions together as we had this year. You enrichened my life with your intelligence, support and humor. Thank you.
Relic
User ID: 8917553
Dec 16th 11:56 PM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH! Not Christmas!! Anything but Christmas. Please Lord, if you are out there, stop this Christmas thing before it gets out of hand!!! My wallet is empty and i havent even BEGONE to buy gifts.

BAH HUMBUG!!
Min
User ID: 1446254
Dec 20th 1:27 AM
Oh, I am SOOO sorry, Relic. ;-)

Labor, Revanshe, I just sent my christmas greetings, and the mails I sant to you gals came back, though the email seems to be the right one... any idea why this could be?
Padraig
User ID: 8499503
Dec 21st 3:20 PM
Well this seems as good as any other place to wish everyone a good Christmas and a great new year. Hope you have a good one. Roll on a Storm of Swords.

Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Dec 22nd 7:19 AM
Same here, Padraig. Winter is definitely coming in New England. Sometimes I think I should be living on a farm out west somewhere.

Merry Christmas to All, and a Happy New Year, too.
Mike H.
User ID: 8290473
Dec 22nd 11:03 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
labor
User ID: 8785553
Dec 22nd 11:20 AM
Merry Christmas and (particulary) Happy New Year to everyone!

I really hope that they'll do a bit better than usual at New Year celebrations over here (they usually consist of Gl�hwein (which can be bought) in the streets, a few closed balls and amateur fireworks, don't ask me why, as Austrians aren't normally adverse to celebration. For months, I planned to meet _this_ year in Paris... Ack!

Anyway, Min, thank you for good intention. My email seems to be in order - I get a few mails every day.

The adress is:

[email protected]

Kevin
User ID: 1766884
Dec 22nd 2:03 PM
<grumbles> Isn't there supposed to be snow for Christmas? Today is the first day of winter and no sign of the white stuff. All we have is cold.

<smiles> Snow isn't necessary. Friends and family are. Merry Christmas all.
Ser Gary
User ID: 9279843
Dec 24th 11:20 AM
Twas the night before Christmas
At the message board du jour
Not a topic was stirring
Not even Sansa Four

The categories were hung
So vertical and tight
In hopes that some poster
Would stop by and write

But nothing much happened
At any of the boards
As a quiet time fell
On Thrones, Kings and Swords

For this was the season
So devoted to peace
It brought families together
And warfare to cease

A wonderful thought
To last but a glimmer
When all other seasons
Find hope's glow a-dimmer

I sometimes wonder
About what we've done here
Bringing people together
As One the whole year

We're Norway and Germany
And the U.S. of A.
We're Australia and England
And the streets of Bombay

We're Canada and Ireland
And Austria too
We're Israel and Sweden
That's me and you

And that's just a sampling
Of all that we are
A symphony of nations
We share a bright star

Why can't the world
Take the same view
That the point of discussion
Is to learn something new

And face global issues
With an eye toward the sky
Which may sound like fantasy
But at least it's a try

I'll finish this now
For it's getting too long
It reads like a novel
And sounds like a song

Enjoy these days
They're precious and few
Send a thought my way
'cause I'm thinking of you

Merry Christmas!!!
Ser Benjen
User ID: 7726333
Dec 24th 11:33 AM
Nicely said Ser Gary. Have a wonderful holiday all!
Min
User ID: 9433023
Dec 25th 7:05 AM
A beautiful poem, Ser Gary. I have recently thought that if all nations would be able to discuss even disagreements as maturely and intelligently as you great people, there would be far less problems in this world.

A farm out west sounds great.
Ser Gary
User ID: 7657103
Dec 25th 5:23 PM
Real Nice Ser. You have the deft sword arm of a Knight and the tongue of a poet. Both will come in handy in future battles. Min i have thought the same thing. It's too bad every country doesnt have an Enchantress to keep it's men in line =)

I wish you all well, and i hope your having fun. Happy Holidays!
Next 20 Messages