This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / has anyone gotten asos yet?

Next 20 Messages
Bellziebubba
User ID: 0993624
Jul 21st 7:45 AM
Just womdering if it was released today as planned and does anyone know how long it will take someone in the states will get there copy?
thx Bellziebubba
Padraig
User ID: 1564944
Jul 21st 12:26 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but aSoS has been delayed for a month. Voyager, the publishers have it up now to be released on Aug 21st. Actually can anyone explain why Amazon now say it is coming out on Aug 31st? I persume its just a typo.
Aaron
User ID: 0317884
Jul 21st 1:38 PM
I think the Hardcover is scheduled for Aug 31 and the Paperback is for Aug 21. Both dates are for the UK versions.

Min
User ID: 0074284
Jul 21st 2:37 PM
So, can anyone help me? I order my english books via amazon.de, and they get theirs from the USA. So no ASoS there soon. On amazon.uk, I need a credit card in order to purchase the book, which I don't have (credit cards are not really common in Germany, we prefer other ways of payment which I can use on amazon.de). Is there any other way - except taking a short trip to London? Which I would, of course, do, it it is necessary. Could spend Emily a visit on the way.

BTW, labor, I will be in Salzburg this weekend. Is this near your home? I fear I might not have any time for visits or meetings anyway, we are out on shoots and it looks like some 24 hours of straight work, but still... :-)
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 21st 8:09 PM
Hey guys I just got an announcement e-mail from GRRM he says that the book is back from the printers and that his editor at Voyager has overnighted to him a copy.
Which means that whatever reason Voyager is delaying the publication of the book it is not because of delays in the printing of the book. The book is ready to go.

TORMUND GIANTSBANE
User ID: 9391453
Jul 21st 11:10 PM
FO'GET DAT...I'VE GOT THA BOOK SITTIN RIGHT HERE IN MY ROOM, AND I'M ABOUT TO READ IT WITH MY MEMBER EXPOSED AN MY SHE-BEAR WIT ME, ANYONE WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING, WELL TOO BAD!!!! HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!
Malice
User ID: 1759784
Jul 22nd 0:20 AM
Aaaaagh!! How can you take the time to POST?! Are you SANE?! If I were you, I'd READ IT NOW!!

:( Want ma book (!!).
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Jul 22nd 3:20 AM
Min, I think the Australian release date is the same as the UK release date. I say think because I heard they were delayed to mid-August about two weeks before we heard it from Amazon. I don't know if they just were telling earlier, or if they are even more delayed.

If its the same as the UK, we might have someone you can order it from without using credit cards. I wouldn't bet on it, but you might want to check up on it.
Min
User ID: 0074284
Jul 22nd 6:31 AM
Oh, thanks, I will try that... thought traveling to London seems not that bad for getting the book, either. :-) I'd go almost anywhere for it. :-)
TORMUND GIANTSBANE
Jul 22nd 11:42 PM
I DON'T POST MALICE, I YELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! AN IF YA DON'T BACK UP MY TURTLE DESTROYER WILL BASH YOU!!!!!!
Malice
User ID: 1759784
Jul 23rd 0:43 AM
You're making me depressed. :(
Jaeger
User ID: 8430353
Jul 23rd 0:45 AM
The Magnar has away about him, indeed. Makes me wonder if he will survive till the rest of us can be so festive...
Ants
Jul 23rd 5:56 AM
Heh KAH, could you delete Tormund just for the fun of it :)

KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jul 23rd 8:52 AM
I'm afraid loudness in itself is not grounds for deletion...
Arend
User ID: 8590713
Jul 23rd 1:07 PM
Hear, hear, KAH - long live the first amendment (although I do not know how applicable that is in this international environment). Anyway, loudness is not grounds for deletion, but if he is causing us severe mental distress? :-)
TORMUND GIANTSBANE
Jul 23rd 6:58 PM
SEVERE MENTAL DISTRESS??? YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT!!!!!
Ants
Jul 23rd 9:10 PM
How are we, poor simple humble souls we are, survive mentally while Tormund goes around the board pushing in our face he has the book and we don't! We're already in withdrawal symptoms as we had psyched ourselves up to have SOS by now. How are we meant to handle his sly comments?
Jaeger
User ID: 8430353
Jul 23rd 9:17 PM
Exactly, we've never seen ASoS yet(well most of us), and there lies our distress.
LindaElane
User ID: 1069864
Jul 23rd 9:32 PM
Argh, Sparhawk Giantsbane. He is having us on again :-)
Arend
User ID: 2449714
Jul 23rd 9:40 PM
I'm starting to look at the acronym asos as some kind of illness. "Mom, bad news," I hear myself say. "I have been diagnosed with asos." "What!," she'll reply. "What is that?!" "It stands for Acute Shortage and Overanxiety for Storm of swords. It's very self-referential." Of course, the conversation will go downhill from there.

Methinks writing in caps is a symptom of the more advanced stages of this illness. As well as delusions of grandure. What do you think, LindaElane?
Next 20 Messages