This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / $2000 Smack-A-Roos for one ASOS!

VICTOR
User ID: 0896204
Jul 26th 3:58 PM
I'm offering it! Who wants it ?! Need this book now!!!!!
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0303694
Jul 26th 7:41 PM
HA!!!
Maeglin
User ID: 0707654
Jul 26th 8:29 PM
Are you buying or selling?
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 26th 10:40 PM
Contact Parris at her aol address and you can bid on them...... GRRM is offering some copies for bid at Rivercon.
Parris
User ID: 1216034
Jul 26th 11:12 PM
George said he mailed out a notice this afternoon to various web masters but I guess they haven't gotten to reading it yet.

George is donating ONE copy of the UK hardcover edition of A STORM OF SWORDS to the DUFF auction at RiverCon this weekend.

see his message for more information
LindaElane
User ID: 0498634
Jul 27th 0:49 AM
I just got the message, here is New Zealand. George will be attending Rivercon in Louisville, Kentucky starting today. He states that the British publishers won't have copies of ASOS for another couple of weeks, but he is bringing his author copy to rivercon and putting it up at auction for a good cause. The good cause is DUFF, the "down under fan fund" which helps to bring deserving fans from Australia to the states and from the states to Australia to attend conventions. Great cause!

Parris has kindly offered to act as a proxy bidder for those who cannot attend Rivercon. You can email your bids to her at [email protected]. Good luck! PS - It is worth it!!!
LindaElane
User ID: 0498634
Jul 27th 0:58 AM
The news is now up at the ASOIAF site. Personally, I will be happy if ASOS draws $2000 or more. May the best bidder win.
Parris
Jul 27th 6:12 PM
my email address listed in the notices about the advance copy of ASoS at the Louisville convention may be wrong - use:

[email protected]

I'm checking the mail often, and will post info about the time of the auction as soon as I have it.

Please spread the word to other groups.
Thanks

Parris
Parris
Jul 28th 11:29 AM
Hey Victor!

Here's your chance to put yer money where your mouth is - so how come I haven't gotten a bid from you for this copy of ASoS?

Did your enthusiasm wane, or did you finally come down?

Parris
Victor
User ID: 0896204
Jul 28th 12:17 PM
The book better be good. Damn good. You'll see my bid. Bwahahahahahaha! ASOS WILL BE MINE!