This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / ASoS book @ RiverCon this weekend

Parris
User ID: 1216034
Jul 28th 1:34 AM
A few folks have written asking me more information on the copy of A STORM OF SWORDS that George has donated to the DUFF auction here at RiverCon in Louisville. I thought I would post this to the message board here, since it's the only one I visit with any regularity, and I hope that the info could be passed on to others who might be interested in this book.

George has donated ONE copy of the new Harper Collin UK edition of A STORM OF SWORDS from the ten author's copies he received this week. He will sign it to the winning bidder.

If you want to bid on this copy by proxy, send me a note with your FULL contact information, your 'real' name, address, etc.

Give me the top price you are willing to pay for this copy.

If you are the winner, you will have to send payment to me in the form of an MO or cashier's check to me at our home address. This will ensure that the funds are available, and I can ship out the book the day I get your payment. You will have to pay for shipping as well -- and I'll ship it Fed Ex or USPS or by whatever means you wish. You can arrange to pay shipping later since I don't know what the charges will be, (and I tend to trust George's fans, we're all pretty much decent people, so I expect the winner to be honorable and pay for shipping once I know how much that will be)

The auction takes place here on Sunday at noon (EDT). I'll check messages until about 2 hours before the auction.

Now, it's going to be a little tricky for me bidding your proxies. Basically, I'll know what every one online has as their top price, and will be bidding in $5 increments over the bids that are live in the auction room. I won't play favorites and won't overbid -- whoever has sworn to pay the top price, whether that be $50 or $500 won't necessarily pay the full maximum bid, so if the bidding ends at $375 then the winner only has to pay the $375, not the full $500 they were willing to pay -- but if Tom and Bob have matching bids, I'll have to figure some way to break the tie, probably by contacting the tied bidders and seeing which one is willing to go higher.

If you have any more questions, drop me note at "[email protected]" and I'll try to pull myself away from the fun of the convention to answer you within ten hours or so.

Have fun bidding, and I hope I can make some on-line fan very happy in the next few days.

all best,

Parris