This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Storm of Swords on Sale!

Duraq
User ID: 2017574
Jul 29th 10:33 AM
Check out www.voyager.com

The book is listed as available. Shipping time to
anywhere in UK is under 5 days.
Duraq
User ID: 2017574
Jul 29th 10:37 AM
Sorry, I did not notice that it was not for another month. I got all excited for nothing. The site is a bit confusing.

Padraig
User ID: 1564944
Jul 29th 11:31 AM
Don't worry Duraq. The last few weeks have been very confusing. They are playing with our minds.
Conrad
User ID: 9189423
Jul 29th 1:57 PM
Duraq, I did exactly the same thing last night! Only I didn't go back and check it. I had to have it broken to me gently. :(
brosan
User ID: 9809413
Aug 1st 11:25 AM
They should really do something about their homepage. I�m confused everytime I go there (ahem .. of course I am NOT confused before and after...) ... I think so... what am I doing here?
Padraig
User ID: 9906923
Aug 13th 10:56 AM
Well Amazon's monoply has come to and end. More or less. There is (or was) 1 hardback edition and 1 trade paperback edition of aSoS on sale in 1 bookstore in Dublin, Ireland.

I'd really like to know what Voyager are trying to pull.
Ghost
User ID: 9704903
Aug 15th 7:52 AM
Those @$##@@%&***@#& (censorship was in order) of my local bookstore have no idea when it will arive. They had even lost my order! I cancelled my order nonetheless (lost or not) and defected to amazon. Thank god for freinds with credit cards!

Does anyone have a guess how long it will take two books to travel from amazon city, UK to The Netherlands? Please tell me I'll have it before the weekend, since I won't have time to read next week (ordered yesterday afternoon).
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Aug 15th 8:42 AM
It took four days from I got the 'on it's way' message to I had it in the mailbox.
I think Norway and the Netherlands would be comparable, but couldn't say for sure.
Padraig
Aug 27th 12:35 PM
The day was grey and bitter cold...

And so I begin.

Finally.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Aug 27th 1:09 PM
You didn't get it before now, Padraig?

Well, at least you have something to look forward to. ;o)
Padraig
Aug 27th 4:40 PM
I was never going to read it in a day or even 2 days. So I waited till I could get a few days off work. Which leads me here. Recovering from the news of the first marriage;)

In my absence I noticed the a Storm of Swords 11 board has grown considerably. Some interesting debate no doubt;-)