This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Oh my god it�s here!!!!

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
brosan
User ID: 9809413
Aug 3rd 6:43 AM
Yep, just got it. Had it delivered to my office. Looks much better than the scans.

And comes complete with the new set of maps...

I say the world good-bye for now!
upstart454
User ID: 0993624
Aug 3rd 7:50 AM
Damn, should have thought of shipping it to
my office. Now I have to wait all day till
I go home to get it.

Kudos to you Brosan.
brosan
Aug 3rd 7:58 AM
just to wet your appetite (hehe):

963 pages (only the story which means the book itself is just above the 1000 page mark).
Rania
User ID: 1891784
Aug 3rd 7:58 AM
Massive thing isn't it?
brosan
Aug 3rd 8:10 AM
Since the size is smaller than the american editions, it does not look too heavy - the paper is very thin (kinda look-through paper), so I believe that the American version will be much more impressive.

For my taste, 1000 pages is much to short.
Rania
User ID: 1891784
Aug 3rd 8:16 AM
oh agreed... I think about 4000 pages and including all event that will take place in the next 3 books sounds just about right :)
Lodengarl
User ID: 0798784
Aug 3rd 8:18 AM
brosan...you evil monkey!!! How nice it must be to hold it in your hands...if I were you I would double over in pain and let everyone know you are going home to recover - and may be out for 2-3 days... ehehehe
brosan
Aug 3rd 8:23 AM
yes, indeed Lodengarl. I�m suffering. If you want, I�ll switch on my scanner and OCR Software and post the whole book to the spoilers section - just to ease your pain... :-)
Arend
User ID: 8590713
Aug 3rd 8:27 AM
I always have books delivered here at the department. That is nice, because I get it during the day, don't have to sign some slip of paper, and wait another day. That is not nice when you order on a Thursday and the book is delayed that extra couple of days, because of the weekend.
RRappap767
User ID: 8019393
Aug 3rd 8:37 AM
Brosan, when did you originally order the book, and how long was the actual shipping time. Thanks
brosan
Aug 3rd 8:41 AM
I ordered it about 2 months ago at Amazon.co.uk and got 2 days ago the message that it was sent out. As I live in Germany, I expected the package next week, but obviously postal services (both UKs and Germany�s) are improving.
Azrael
User ID: 8297563
Aug 3rd 8:56 AM
Brosan,i am also from Germany.Was ASOS shipped by Airmail or what?My order was shipped by Royal Mail..but to Germany?Strange.Please,help me.
thx
Lodengarl
Aug 3rd 8:58 AM
mmmmmm...optical character recognition....mmmmmmm
brosan
Aug 3rd 9:10 AM
Azrael,

I�m very surprised too, since it was order just by normal mail, no special delivery or so. Maybe it�s because my company is located in D�sseldorf (with direct flights to London and other UK places) and that the company is quite big.

Lodengarl,

sooooo ???? heheheh ...... in 15 minutes I�ll be gone ... you know ... urgent, pressing matters at home.... hehehe...
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Aug 3rd 9:24 AM
Perhaps Amazon's notifications are a step or two behind actual shipment. So the book might have been sent a few days before Amazon claimed it had been sent. If true, this means the rest of us might get our copies sooner than expected as well.
Lodengarl
Aug 3rd 9:33 AM
Jeff, now you are really reaching..ahahahhaha...
brosan...sure, send it over :)
ehehhe
Lannister
User ID: 0136334
Aug 3rd 9:35 AM
Jeff, you tease. Thanks a bunch for planting that idea in my suggestible brain.
Lodengarl
Aug 3rd 9:49 AM
Maybe my book is at home right now, on the doorstep!!! OMG I got to go home and read it now!!!! Maybe if I start a fire here at work I can go home and check...omg!!!!

(Tales from an insane fan)
RRappap767
User ID: 8019393
Aug 3rd 9:50 AM
admitting you have a problem is the first step
brosan
Aug 3rd 11:30 AM
Proof added here:

http://members.tripod.com/replikator/index.htm

Any comment? (grin)

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages