This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Chapter Summaries!

Hunter Rose
User ID: 9168243
Aug 3rd 7:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have finished my chapter summaries for AGOT and ACOK! Please visit the website and let me know what you think: http://members.aol.com/vbkorik27/main.html

Many thanks to Lodengarl, Revanshe and many others for their support and suggestions.

Please e-mail me and let me know what you think. Hopefully, I can put together a summary for ASOS in the next couple of weeks, after I finish reading it! :o)

Hunter Rose
Hunter Rose
Aug 3rd 7:33 PM
One last thing: I have not finished editing the html for ACOK, but the entire summary is up there in its complete form!

Thanks again.
Keelyn
User ID: 0889114
Aug 3rd 7:41 PM
Wow, Hunter Rose, that's a lot of work! I'll have to read thru it before I start ASOS. Thanks!
brosan
User ID: 9809413
Aug 4th 2:34 AM
YES!!! That�s exactly what I�ve been looking for! Thank you so much for your work Hunter.
Relic
User ID: 9328513
Aug 4th 5:09 AM
Hunter, would you like for your work to appear on The Song of Ice And Fire website?
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Aug 4th 5:28 AM
It's amazingly thorough stuff, and especially useful with SoS around the corner for a lot of folk.

But just a thought . . . you might want to check with GRRM about whether it's okay to have it up like that on a permanent basis. It may go too far beyond fair use for general, public dissemination.

Don't want to be a killjoy or anything of course, but better safe than sorry. :)
brosan
User ID: 7057593
Aug 4th 7:07 AM
so I better print it all out before GRRM shuts the site down :-))))
Alex Paradi
User ID: 9433023
Aug 4th 9:43 AM
I took the lists of characters from Hunter Rose's summaries and put them all into one list in XLS format.

If anyone wants a copy they can email me at [email protected]

Hunter Rose also has a copy and (I think) he said that he may put it up at his website too.

Hunter Rose
Aug 4th 10:30 AM
Relic, yes I would appreciate it if you could put my work on the ASOIAF site, or a link. Please let me know!

Ran, I have spoken to GRRM and have his consent on doing the summaries. I e-mailed him the other day so he could evaluate the final work. If it is too much in his opinion, I could take the links to the summaries down and just allow people to download the files in Word format. I will let you all know what GRRM has to say.

Thanks for the response, it is encouraging! I started this whole thing as a pet project for myself, so I wouldn't need to reread all the books each time a new title came out.
Relic
Aug 4th 12:31 PM
Wow. Great stuff Hunter. Ill put up a link today or tommorow.
Lannister
User ID: 0136334
Aug 4th 12:44 PM
Hunter Rose, can I get a copy of the word documents emailed to me? My email is [email protected]. The word docs would be much more convenient for me. Thanks in advance.
Relic
Aug 4th 1:14 PM
Its like having a glimpse at Ran's notes.