This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / A Ring of Ice and Fire

Ran
User ID: 0867924
Aug 4th 8:11 PM
Just to let people know, A Ring of Ice and Fire (a webring for ASoIaF sites) is now (tenatively) open. It's our first webring, so there will no doubt be some snafus and hitches along the way . . .

But it's more or less a go, anyhow. :)

Go to www.westeros.org/ARoIaF/index.html to learn more about the webring and how to join it. :)
Relic
User ID: 9328513
Aug 4th 8:52 PM
very timely opening Ran =)
Kam
User ID: 1752694
Aug 7th 9:36 PM
For some reason I cannot get the site to open, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Aug 8th 3:21 AM
Seems we're down again, somehow. We've contacted our technical administrator to see what can be done about it.
SPARHAWK THE MIGHTY
User ID: 0436494
Aug 8th 5:47 AM
I DONT KNOW ABOUT A RING OF ICE AND FIRE, BUT I SURE GOT A RING OF FIRE AFTER THE CHINESE I HAD LAST NIGHT.
Relic
User ID: 9328513
Aug 9th 1:16 PM
Wow. That must make you popular with the women ehh?
SPARHAWK THE MIGHTY
User ID: 0436494
Aug 9th 2:26 PM
MY POPULARITY WITH THE WOMEN IS WITHOUT COMPARE.
Ran
User ID: 0743024
Sep 3rd 6:35 AM
I've changed the banner and address at the bottom of the page for that of A Ring of Ice and Fire's ring navigation page. So, if you're a member of the web ring, folk will get a look at your page among other ASoIaF sites. :)
Ran
Sep 5th 2:54 PM
Okay, so, Yahoo! bought up Webring.com and intergrated it into their own Yahoo! Webring service.

This means a lot of weird stuff is going on, and this probably means that for awhile things will be screwy. Especially if their server-side bar turns out to be supremely annoying ...

We'll see.
Ran
Sep 10th 11:49 AM
The Ring of Ice and Fire is still suffering some small problems with Yahoo!, in case anyone wonders.

In particular, for those people who are already members:

Linda (my fiancee, aka Nymeria) has tried a couple of mailings through the Yahoo! Webring system. If you haven't recieved them, it may be that you have to sign up for a Yahoo! account (if you don't have one already) and then associate your account with your site in the Ring listing.

Complex, I know, but we're looking at alternatives if things don't simplify somewhat. :)
Relic
User ID: 9308123
Sep 10th 6:06 PM
Ran i havent experianced any sort of problems with the Ring.