This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / GRRM News

Relic
User ID: 9308123
Aug 9th 2:09 PM
THis just in from George Martin:

I have just received my schedule next month's worldcon in Chicago. If there
are any readers who plan on attending Chicon and would like to meet me or get
an autograph, they will be able to find me at the following events:

FRIDAY Sept 1
============
11:30 am Panel Discussion: BEYOND THE GENERIC MIDDLE AGES w/ Robert Jordan, Sean McMullen, Dennis McKiernan, Jane Routley

SATURDAY Sept 2
===============
1:00 pm KAFFEKLATSCH (note: attendance at these kaffeeklatsches is limited,and requires advance sign-up at the con)

4:00 pm panel discussion: THE IDEAL LENGTH FOR SCIENCE FICTION w/Robert Reed, Adam Troy-Castro, Nick DiChario, Dennis McKiernan

SUNDAY Sept 3
============
10:00 am - 11:15 am AUTOGRAPHING

2:30 pm - 3:35 pm READING from A STORM OF SWORDS

Other items may be added later, and of course all these are subject to
change, but this is my worldcon schedule as it stands at present.

I hope to see many of you in Chicago.

George R.R. Martin

Nynaeve
User ID: 2345204
Aug 9th 2:52 PM
Aw, man! Why couldn't we have thought of our mini-con last year!!!!????? I'd love to see RJ and Martin in the same room and observe...

juicy...

Nyn
Who Thinks All Her Favorite Living Fantasy Authors should all go on the Oprah show... heh..
SPARHAWK THE MIGHTY
User ID: 0436494
Aug 9th 3:09 PM
NO WAY!!
THE GERRY SPRINGER SHOW!
'BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SLEEP WITH EACH OTHER!!'
CERSEI AND JAIME WOULD MAKE A CHANGE FROM THE USUAL WHITE & BLACK TRASH THAT APPEAR ON THAT SHOW.
WeissVan
User ID: 7782093
Aug 10th 3:17 PM
Yes! I live in Chicago (city proper)!
Kid
User ID: 0456964
Aug 11th 3:57 PM
Please go and tell me if they BOTH appeared!!!
Relic
User ID: 9308123
Aug 28th 0:36 AM
This Just In from GRRM:

FYI, Parris just got back from Denver, where she printed the long-awaited Baratheon and Lannister t-shirts. They look awesome, if I do say so myself.

I got the first ones hot off the silk screen, and will be wearing mine at worldcon.

Wonderful Moira Peters artwork, as with the earlier Targaryen and Stark designs: the gold Lannister lion on crimson, and the crowned stag of Baratheon black on gold.

GRRM