This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Another new site

Sulthon
User ID: 9084913
Jun 28th 11:54 PM
Well right on the heels of Ran's announcement, I would like to welcome everyone to another new (but incomplete) site: King's Landing

http://web2.airmail.net/sulthon/

This site contains the standard stuff...news, links, reviews, etc with one important addition: the FAQ. The main reason I started King's Landing was to answer all of the questions that my friends had after reading the books. So I got Peter Gibb's (Dragon Stone) permission to incorporate his old FAQ into a new one.

Once you'll go there you will find that lots of the FAQ (and other sections) are incomplete. I think that the FAQ should belong to the ASOIAF community at large and I encourage everyone to help me finish it.

As for myself, I was a semi-regular poster on the Dragonstone forum and have been keeping a close eye here (though not posting much). Some of you regular posters even awe me with your knowledge of all things related to George R. R. Martin. I hope my site (when finished) will entertain (or at least appease :)) you!

I hope to have the finished version up and running around October.
Let me know what you think!

Thanks, Sulthon
[email protected]
Min
User ID: 9433023
Jun 29th 4:15 AM
this really is a nice site. I like the layout, sulthon. if you need additions for the FAQ, feel free to copy what I wrote under the same thread here and put it on your page. I don't want any copywrite on it. :-)
Aemon
User ID: 9301033
Jul 28th 2:16 PM
Good site sulthon. I hope you don't mind if I put you on my links page. The only critism I have, is that you make your page too wide. It makes it hard to read what you have written, when, I constantly have to move the horizontal bar back and forth. Other than that, you have a great site. I hope I'll have more time to explore it. Oh, and by the way, those letters you used are awesome. Where did you get them?
Sulthon
User ID: 0673084
Jul 28th 8:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words Aemon! Linking is no problem...

I am interested in your problem of haveing to use the browser's horizontal bar to scroll left and right on my page. I tried to test all screen sizes from 640x480 to 1024x768. What kind of browser and platform are you useing? (IE4-5 works for me). Also make sure you maximized your window.
Really the best way to view the sight (and most of the net in my opinion) is with at least 600x800 resolution.

As far as the letters go I used quite a number of different fonts so you'll have to be more specific. I ran almost all the fonts through photoshop a number of ways to produce the 3D effects.
Thanks again!

-
Help the King's Landing FAQ!
http://web2.airmail.net/sulthon/