This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Dragonsworn Board

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Tom R
User ID: 0164614
Dec 17th 4:13 AM
Is anybody else having trouble getting onto the Dragonsworn board? I can't seem to "find" it.
Ran
User ID: 8464923
Dec 17th 4:20 AM
Been down since yesterday or perhaps earlier. No word on www.dragonsworn.com. Something must be up with their host.
Tom R
Dec 17th 4:24 PM
Well, I hope they get it fixed soon. I feel like a homeless person. I hope it doesn't stay down as long as last time... (That was about a week, if I remember correctly.)

Revanshe: Have you heard anything? BTW, how'd your exams go?
Relic
User ID: 8917553
Dec 17th 6:21 PM
Speaking of troubled boards, is anyone noticing anything wierd going on here? On the eesite board i mean. Over the least day or so, my internet explore hangs up when trying to get info from the server. its not just my machine, because i tried it at home, at work, and on a couple of computers i have here in my office. Anyone having the same problem?
Revanshe
User ID: 9719083
Dec 17th 6:37 PM
Back from exams- whew! Glad thats done with!!

Well, I just tried dragonsworn myself right now, and it isnt working....Once again, I have no idea what is going on.

Relic- Ive been using netscape, and seem to have no problems...
Relic
User ID: 9899833
Dec 17th 11:10 PM
Revanshe, i switched over to Netscape and all seems to be working nicley. Thanks.
Revanshe
User ID: 9719083
Dec 19th 9:34 AM
I sent an email to dragonsworn the other day, but no response...Keep you guys posted.
Luke Dec 24th 3:53 PM
Woe is the loss of the dragonsworn board. This place looks like it's a little better than it used to be. But still, all will be better whenever dragonsworn is running again. In case your looking for a point here, don't I just haven't written a message in a week or so now; I just figured I had to write something.
Relic
User ID: 7657103
Dec 24th 4:47 PM
Dont bite the hand that feeds you Luke.
Padraig
User ID: 9593383
Dec 26th 5:54 AM
Thanks Luke. Nice to know we're finally getting our act together. I knew getting rid of those satanic rituals would be appreciated.

Any advice on improving this board even more? Maybe some specifics?

Anyway have a good holiday.
Tom R
Dec 26th 6:50 AM
The Eesite board would appear to be the "only game in town", Luke, and it's not THAT terrible over here. :-)

Still, I do hope that Dragonsworn comes back on line soon, as there were some pretty lively discussions going on there, and I'd hate to see them all just evaporate into thin air. These "downages" (?) have given me a lot (A LOT!) more appreciation for why the Eesite folk don't want to move to Dragonsworn, and it isn't just the technical difficulties that seem to plague Dragonsworn.

A board takes on a kind of personality that you grow accustomed to and learn to appreciate. It IS hard to switch over. This board "feels" very different to me, always has. Not in a bad way at all, just different. Like visiting somebody else's home--which is nice, but just isn't YOUR home. Sigh.

I, for one, am VERY glad Eesite is here, though, since it provides us Dragonsworn refugees a place to ... hang out .... until things get fixed over there. Hang in there, Luke. I feel your pain!

Revanshe: I don't suppose you ever heard back from them about your e-mail, did you? No ... I know you would have told us if you had.
Luke Dec 26th 12:09 PM
I guess it's good to see someone understands. Maybe. I'm a bit confused, don't you people go taking things to personally, specially when I say it. Chances are I don't know any better, and if I do you should just be happy about that. Tom seemed alot more eloquent about everything than I was but all I meant to say was what he said. Since I'm not sure that people are mad at me I'm not gonna apologize. In fact, if it weren't the day after Christmas I might end this message with the same thing I said last time.
Revanshe
User ID: 9725373
Dec 26th 12:38 PM
Alright, everyone calm down :D! Luke is right,
in many ways, this board is deficient compared to dragonsworn. And no, there isnt too much I can do about it either- Eesite doesnt offer too many options for administrators.

This is why I chose to administer dragonsworn in the first place, because it is nicer in so many respects. Clearly this board has its advantages also, though. Dragonsworn clearly does not have the sense of community this board has, nor does it have as many messages. Also, this one doesnt crash like dragonsworn...

I guess what Im trying to say is that different people prefer the two boards for different reasons. I really dont mind people expressing their opinons about the boards either.

And no, Tom, I have not gotten any emails about Dragonsworn :(...
Padraig
Dec 27th 6:35 AM
Mad? Far from it. Must have free expression. Most of what I say on non-aSoIaF topics is not meant to be taken very seriously. Although I was curious about what you meant by your remark on the slight improvement of this board. Maybe that was just a turn of phrase though.

Still if there was something really annoying you about this board then I think I could bear the criticism. Except if it involved me;-)

Anyway we are all GRRM fans and we love to discuss his books. Whatever board you feel at home with, how can I criticise you for that?
Tom R
User ID: 9690803
Dec 27th 12:20 PM
I hope you also realize, Padraig, that I was being facetious about the Eesite board being "THAT bad"; I certainly meant no offense! For one thing, a lot of the people posting at Dragonsworn are the same ones posting here; I'm very glad that they occasionally "make the pilgrimage" to Dragonsworn to give us the benefit of their insights and earlier discussions of various topics.

Ahhh.... But I do miss Dragonsworn, though. I feel like a stranger in a strange land over here, to say nothing of the fact that Eesite doesn't seem to like my browser or my computer or SOMETHING; it's always a bit complicated for me "see" and respond to any of the posts here.

One possible benefit to having the Dragonsworn board offline for a bit is that at least it gives some of the double (and triple?) posters a bit of a respite, eh, KAH? :-)

But I'm saving up a lot of questions (from my reread of AGOT) for the return of the Dragonsworn board, such as why Ser Jorah "wandered off" (suspiciously) at the Wester Market in Vaes Dothrak and left Dany to the not-so-tender mercies of the would-be poisoner ... and then suddenly return to "save" her. Did he have a change of heart? Did he know even what was going to happen? Or did he know what would happen and cold-bloodedly calculate Dany's "rescue" as a way to win her trust for some nefarious purpose of his own? Whose side is he on, anyway?

Well, as I said, that'll have to keep until after Dragonsworn returns. I'm sure you all have discussed that topic already on this board ... somewhere.
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Dec 27th 12:39 PM
For what its worth, Tom, I think Ser Jorah is aligned with Varys and so had advance knowledge of the plot. I think Danys already trusted Jorah, but the purpose of the plot was to goad the Dothraki into attacking Westeros and help Danys regain her throne. Had Khal Drogo not been mortally wounded in a chance battle, the plot would have succeeded.

Dirjj
User ID: 9461303
Dec 27th 2:48 PM
I looked into the Dragonsworn board once. True, it is different looking, and plus, after being at EE for so long, there would be just too darn much info to have to absorb over there before we knew what was going on. Also, we would be reading over very very very very similar info.

What exactly is at the Dragonsworn board anyway? Wasn't it Martin and Jordan stuff? Coudn't we make the EE boards a combo of Martin and Jordan. That would be cool for me. I actually like the Jordan series. I like the world better than Martins too. He's got MAPS!!!! Martin's story is more focused though.

ab
Dirjj
User ID: 9461303
Dec 27th 2:49 PM
Also, I don't like looking into the Legends board. That darn thing takes too long to go through, it's slow, and in my opinion, it's not very organized.

ab
Ran
User ID: 8075153
Dec 27th 3:54 PM
Dragonsworn was originally WoT only. Then they decided they'd try to transform into a general fantasy site, and part of the process was opening their board system to other series. The only other one on their board, currently, is ASoIaF.

I'm sure someone has used eesite for WoT discussion. I don't want to see this particular site putting any other series on it. The 'Other Books' and 'Readers' Recommendations' are quite enough for me, at the least.

The Legends board has pretty much run its course. None of the authors save Martin post there any longer, and he irregularly (but of course he's trying to get SoS wrapped up to beat his deadlines and also few people post questions any longer.)
Padraig
Dec 27th 5:07 PM
Tom R. it looks like i'm not offended by anything this Chirstmas. So no thunder and lightning from me:-)

In fact, and this is a scary thought for you Dragonsworn crowd, I have thought about popping over to your board a few times. But I seem only to be reminded of that idea when I hear you talk about it having crashed again. C'est la vie.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages