This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings III / Tysha and Tyrion

Rania
User ID: 1014104
Jul 17th 6:17 PM
I dont have my books right now and I can't remember what happened between Tysha and Tyrion?
Were they divorced before she was handed over to the soldiers? Did she survive the soldiers?
Nihilist
User ID: 1293074
Jul 18th 0:46 AM
If memory serves, the marriage was disolved thanks to Tywin, and Tysha did survive (since Tyrion mentions that he slept with her last, and paid her with gold at the instance of his father - a Lannister is worth more apparently)
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0276214
Jul 18th 1:44 AM
After his face was bashed in, Tyrion wondered how Tasha would react to him if she saw him.

On that note, it would appear she most likely still lives. Who knows? She may even make an appearance soon to pull at his heart chords. Perhaps the lover of a noble who frequents the court?

Remember, THE SEED IS STRONG!!! HOO AHH!!!
Aaron
User ID: 0317884
Jul 18th 4:16 PM
This is my impression of the Tysha/Tyrion episode...

Jaime found a whore for Tyrion. But did not tell him that she was a whore, just a nice girl who was interested in him. Jaime wanted to give Tyrion a present, so to speak.

Tyrion instantly became attached to her. He married her (maybe secretly). But when Tywin found out he was married to a whore, he taught Tyrion a lesson by giving her to the soldiers, then making Tyrion take her last.

Makes you wonder, if Jaime loved Tyrion so much why would he let him marry a whore?
Rania
User ID: 0004344
Jul 18th 4:26 PM
I completely disagree, I dont think that Tysha ever was a whore. There is a reference somewhere to a kindness that Tyrion felt he owed to Jaime, that Jaime thinks of as not a kindness at all.
I think what happened is that Tywin went berserk when he found out that Tyrion had married and that any children he might have would be heirs to Casterly Rock and the Lannister power, he possibly had harbored hopes that in the absence of heirs the Great Council might let Jaime out of his Kingsguard vows and allow him to marry and beget legal heirs. Tyrion's marriage put cancelled on those plans and that is what made Tywin accuse Tysha of being a whore and handing her to the soldiers and then divorcing her from Tyrion.
Padraig
User ID: 1564944
Jul 18th 6:16 PM
The no heir idea is interesting. Before I just considered Tywin angry at the idea of a Lannister marrying a commoner but that idea adds another layer to Tywin's actions. Its certainly very possible that Tywin only pretended that she was a whore.
Ants
User ID: 8576533
Jul 18th 6:39 PM
I really liked someones (can't remember whose) theory on this board that one of the girls at that brothel might be Tysha & Tyrion's child. He wrote to GRRM but he was evasive. The girl he talked about had green eyes, silver hair, had a cool, calculating manner and was reading books, I think she was teaching Asha how to read. Personally I absolutely love this theory.

I wonder if the girl would be legitimate? She would have been consumated while they were married, but born after the marriage was disolved.

On the Jaime note, even if he employed the whore, he didn't know that Tyrion had married her so it wasn't that cruel. As to his comment about the kindness, this may not relate to Tyrion. What he says is along the lines of "its irionic that I am hated for my one good deed (killing Aerys) and loved for a kindness I never did". If this refers to Tyrion it may not even relate to Tysha, as Tyrion appears to have loved Jaime already at that stage. (Although I do still agree it does relate to this).
Rania
User ID: 1014104
Jul 18th 9:47 PM
Ants,
Who other than Cersei, Tyrion and the rest of the Lannister clan love Jaime? He doesn't seem to have been that popular a figure.
Also how do you prove that a child of Tysha's was
Tyrion's and not one of the uncounted soldiers?
Which would certainly sort of explain why Tywin handed her over to the soldiers just to make absolutely sure that any child she might bare could never be absolutely positively identified as Tyrion's child.
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Jul 19th 1:37 AM
You probably couldn't be sure. Although she may look like the Lannisters the resemblance can't be too striking or Tyrion would have noted on it. However he did have her for a week longer than the soldiers and there may be enough similarities to make it obvious if your looking. This would be like if you looked at Joffrey knowing he's not Roberts child, you start wondering how you could ever think he was. Similarly if you look at her for Tyrions characteristics, you may find lots of them. Personally I think this theory is too far fetched to hold, but I just thinks its a very nice theory, and one way that Tyrion could discover the truth about Tysha, and partly make it back up to her.

My own loony theory uses this idea. Cersei/Tywin/Joffrey will set Tyrion up to think Shae has betrayed him, and because he can't believe a whore (or anybody) can really truly love him he will not aid Shae. Then through his discovery of this child, he will learn that Tysha did love him, wasn't a whore, and realise his mistake with Shae.
LindaElane
User ID: 1069864
Jul 23rd 10:30 PM
From reading AGOT and ACOK, we know that Tysha was alive when she left the Lannister's castle and that she and Tyrion are divorced. I think we can assume from Tyrion wondering what she would think of him without a nose that he had never heard of it if she is dead and in fact, he has heard nothing of her since the day she parted after what happened with Tywin and his men.
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 26th 2:09 AM
Linda,
Are you back in the US? or posting from your beautiful vacation spot somewhere in the Pacific Ocean ? :)