This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings III / Was Sandor going to kiss Sansa?

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Melanie
User ID: 1348824
Jul 19th 1:36 PM
Hi, I have been reading all these posts with great interest and I�m glad to see that other people are interested in the Sansa/Hound story. I can�t wait to read the next book to see what�s going to happen to them. I am a bit of a hopeless romantic so I�m hoping for the best. The last Sansa chapter was the most interesting because I got the impression Sandor was going to kiss Sansa pg 634 after he �yanked her closer� Snasa thought so too but because she closed her eyes and waited for it to be over he was put off and the moment was lost. His reason in his mind for her behaving that way is the fact that she can�t bear to look at his scarred face and then he become angry and cruel and demanded his song. I really don�t think Sansa is frightened by his scars it�s what�s in his eyes that terrify her what�s in his soul, but he blames his appearance. I don�t think that she wanted to kiss him she�s far too young to overcome her fear of him but as she matures she will begin to see him in a different light and perhaps the next time she will be willing. A lot of people don�t think they will ever consummate their �relationship� but I think they will. Maybe not in the next book but to me their coming together will be the only thing that will save Sandor from himself and lead to his redemption.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Jul 19th 2:41 PM
I suppose I should resume my cynical view and say that Sandor has so much for which to atone that a self-indulgent kiss probably isn't the best way to start.
Relic
User ID: 9308123
Jul 19th 2:49 PM
He could use some mouth wash too, if hes thinkin about kissin anyone. Don't hounds sniff their own shit? Me thinks Sandor is going to have his nose in it very soon.
Malice
User ID: 1759784
Jul 19th 4:14 PM
He wasn't gonna cuz he didn't. And that's all I have to say.
Malice
Jul 19th 4:22 PM
No, that's not all I have to say. Trust Malice to be unable to shut her trap.

I have to say more. See, Sandor is one of my favorite characters because of his complexity, but I agree with Jeff, kissing's not the way to start his emergence from his present state. I mean, let's get this strait. He killed Mycah. He's admitted to killing many innocent and unprotected people before. He's a drunk. Not someone I'd want to kiss. Not someone Sansa wanted to kiss. And I also think that Sansa's up for grabs--maybe she'll be married off to someone like Littlefinger. I can understand why Sandor deserted in regards to his terror of fire (this is one of the only understandable of the otherwise foul things he's done, really), but
he did ditch Sansa to her fate, let's face it.

I believe there will be a few interesting things happening where Sandor and his fear of fire are concerned when Dany comes around with her dragons.
Maeglin
User ID: 0707654
Jul 20th 3:04 AM
Sansa being married to Littlefinger but then her and Sandor falling in love could be a great twist.
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0276214
Jul 20th 3:13 AM
Strange . . . I thought the Hound was going to
rape Sansa before leaving, but when she recited the prayer, his conscience got him and he took off.
Lannister
User ID: 0136334
Jul 20th 7:51 AM
Seemed like that to me to SoHP. Sandor's got an enormous amount of rage in him. He almost seems ready to snap and I would hate to see Sansa to be the person Sandor harms when he does.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jul 20th 9:08 AM
Rape was probably not in it, but I can readily see a drunk and unstable Sandor slitting her throat in a fit of rage.
Jeff
Jul 20th 9:17 AM
I'd really lose respect for Sansa if she had resisted his kiss but then "melted". Gag. I was really hoping nothing like that would happen, and GRRM came through.

My take on the Sandor/Sansa thing is that Sansa reminds Sandor of his younger sister, whom Gregor probably murdered when they were young and whom Sandor was unable to protect.
Lodengarl
User ID: 0798784
Jul 20th 12:42 PM
I thought Sandor was going to mount her Dothraki style so she wouldn't have to gaze on his burned face...but aparantly raping singing-bird-kids is beneath the Hound that Cooks.
Moreta
User ID: 0701364
Jul 20th 6:38 PM
The question that's bugging me is how can Sandor come back? Is he welcomed back (hardly) or punished or what? Since Sansa is up for grabs, I also wonder how can her relationship to Sandor can continue.

Curse LindaElane for having ASOS!!! Well, not really since she did answer my question about one character's fate (death or life) :)
Brady
User ID: 0721754
Jul 21st 11:17 PM
I personally think the Hound will run into Arya, and his redemption will begin with helping her
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 21st 11:52 PM
does anyone else think that the Sandor/Sansa relationship is very like the favorite plot of bodice ripper writers:
Beautiful heroine forced to marry/ ask the protection of scarred (both emotionally and physically) hero but slowly gets past his scars to his real self and falls in love with him?
Malice
Jul 22nd 0:26 AM
God willing something dramatic will happen. Like, maybe the relationship will be one sided. George is capable of this. Sandor has problems, though. Brady, I personally think that if the Hound got three feet from Arya she would kill him one way or another. Interesting idea, though (and there seems to be a real possibility there though I can't see HOW it would happen).

Ooooh! What character, Moreta? No, don't feel pressured to answer. I--I can live without knowing. R-really. I c-c-can.
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 22nd 2:53 PM
I think I know the answer as well Moreta....
Andy P.
User ID: 2428534
Jul 22nd 4:20 PM
Moreta,

If you have spoilers then post them in ASOS II like an honest person. Waving around hints like the above post is like waving food in front a staring man. Ok, so I am a hypocrite and would do the same thing if given half a chance. I just felt like busting someones chops. :)

LindaElane,
If you are going to share information with some people then please share with everyone. (my god that sounds like something my mom would say) You wouldn't want all of us peppering you with emails now would you. (again just busting someones chops you have every right to tell whomever you like)
:)
LindaElane
User ID: 1069864
Jul 23rd 10:54 PM
Andy P: Mr. Martin has asked me not to post any spoilers on the web. He said I could do spoilers by email. However, it requires a specific question (I don't do general spoilers) and a pledge not to post spoilers nowhere on the web. Its also for "board regulars", and you know how to email me if you are. I would feel kind of funny just answering anyone's questions about anything. Also, I am in Kiwiland now and I can't check my email regularly. I was lucky enough to get on the web today though.
Jeff
Jul 24th 8:50 AM
Rania, I agree with you exactly on the Sandor/Sansa relationship. If you look and some of the "Beauty and the Beast" threads, you can see I'm also not a fan of a romantic relationship between the two of them. But I've got enough confidence in Martin that I don't think their relationship will follow that rather trite pattern.

What I could see is that Sansa marries someone else and Sandor ends up fighting on the side of the good guys. At some point, they acknowledge feelings for each other but they never act on them, then Sandor is killed. A bit trite, but at least we don't have to endure the docie ripping.
Lodengarl
User ID: 0798784
Jul 24th 9:17 AM
Actually, someone's above theory is tantilizing - consider if Sansa and Sandor somehow grow together, maybe love each other, maybe become strong together - and what if one day Arya the Assassain comes back and kills Sandor, once again being Sansabane....ok, it is trite, but so is what I wanted to happen to Gregor...having Sandor take a dragon into battle and have it destroy Gregor in a flamey death. Errr..ok just some sort of trite twists or justices...not really GRRMesque, but just saying.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages