This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings III / Jon and Bran

Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 27th 11:53 PM
We know that Jon and Bran can somehow communicate through Ghost and Summer does this mean that Jon will know that despite the news of Bran and Rickon's death that they are not dead?
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Jul 28th 0:20 AM
Not necessarily. Jon might misinterpret the dream. As it's a dream, he might think its just that, or that Bran is communicating from the next world. If I remember Bran even told Jon that he didn't mind being dead, or in a tomb. Something along those lines. So Jon could very well think Bran/Rickon are dead.
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 28th 0:25 AM
Good point Ants, but I thought that the fact that Qhorin Halfhand took the dream so seriously might influence Jon into believing it.
Ghost
User ID: 9704903
Aug 3rd 9:09 AM
The wildlings also seem to believe in wargs and even say Jon is one. That might help him in believing in the communication with Bran.

Also, I think they are communicating through the old gods. As I remember there was a Wierwood taking the shape of Bran's face in the 'dream'
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Aug 3rd 9:13 AM
Just because Jon believes it is true doesn't mean he won't think Bran isn't dead. As I said I think Bran even said something along the lines of he didn't mind being in the crypts with the dead. So he might think Bran is communicating from the next world.
Ghost
User ID: 9704903
Aug 4th 3:28 AM
I looked it up and Bran actualy doesn't say he doesn't mind to be dead. Just "I like it in the dark. No one can see you, but you can see them." (U.K. tpb. p.560)