This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings III / Simple Question

Schmiedel
User ID: 2992754
Aug 10th 1:03 AM
I'm sorry if this is a double post but i've looked for quite a while and didn't see it. Also, I don't have the book for reference, so sorry again.
During the battle at King's Landing, Tyrion goes out to fight with Podric Payne, (his squire) and some other guys. Now when Tyrion gets near the water and the ship reckage, one of these guys tries to kill him, but Podric saves him. What I'm wondering is, what is this guys motive for killing Tyrion? Thanks For any answers!
Schmiedel
Lommy Greenhands
User ID: 0143424
Aug 10th 2:29 AM
It was a member of the Kingsguard, Mandon Moore, an i believe Cerci, told him it would'nt be a bad thing if Tyrion fell in the Blackwater and didnt surface again, or it might have been Littlefinger can't remember.
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Aug 10th 5:13 AM
There was also speculation that since Moore came from the vale, that Lysa Arryn might have been behind it (or Littlefinger using her authourity over him).
Weasel
User ID: 2630464
Aug 11th 5:53 PM
I think someone must have told Ser Mandon that Tyrion shouldn't survive the battle, win or lose.

Tyrion seems to be under the impression that it was Cersai. I'm not so certain.