This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings III / Where would Ice end up?

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Flayed Man
User ID: 9844073
May 17th 2:04 PM
well as you all know that Ser Payne has the ice. but i don't think it will remain his grasp for long (in fact after ASOS he might even lose his head)

well these people are next candiate who will possess ICE.

1) Robb
2) Bran (after DWD?)
3) Rickon (after DWD?)
4) Jon
5) Ser Loras
6) Bronn (after he does little betraying and pulling strings)
7) RED VIPER
8) NED?? (IF he is alive but least of all the candidates)

so what say you all?
sparhawk
User ID: 0436494
May 17th 2:18 PM
i think arya will end up with ice. don't ask me how, but i've got a funny feeling.....
Padraig
User ID: 1467524
May 17th 2:19 PM
Well if Robb survives then he would be my main choice. Otherwise, well Bran couldn't do much with it. Rickon would still be too young. And Jon already has Longclaw(?). Its hardly a weapon a woman like Arya would use. It must be a Stark though. So Benjen?
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
May 17th 2:21 PM
Well, If Ice were somehow to leave Ilyn Payne's possesion in SoS I would imagine it would be given to the Warden of The North. That is if another Warden is declared. So who would that be?

Robb is seen by the current rulers as a traitor, so he wouldn't get it. Everybody thinks Bran and Rickon are dead, not to mention their ages so they would be out.

I think it would go to who ever the Lannister-Tyrells treat with to hold the North. So in the short term I will say that it would go to Roose Bolton or Balon Greyjoy.

At the end I think it will be Bran's.

Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 17th 2:33 PM
I don't think it's leaving Ser Ilyn in _A Storm of Swords_, and probably not in _A Dance with Dragons_, either. When it does leave . . . I don't know either. I could see Strong Belwas appropriating it.

In the end, I figure Bran or perhaps Rickon.
sparhawk
May 17th 2:35 PM
i'm not saying arya will use ice, padraig. -just that it will come into her possession at some stage, and she'll then probably pass it on.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
May 17th 3:19 PM
Robb.

For some reason I can't explain, I could see Gendry having it for a bit.
sparhawk
May 17th 3:32 PM
that would make sense. that guy has a big part to play in the story yet.
Flayed Man
User ID: 9844073
May 17th 5:11 PM
Well I agree with Jeff ROBB will be the one who will get the ice.
tyler
User ID: 9377263
May 18th 0:28 AM
The only way Robb will get Ice is when the Lannisters use it to remove his head from his shoulders, or they might let the Starks use it to keep his spirit from wandering around Winterfell by putting it in the hands of his stone likness in the crypt. Lets face it people, Robb the Boy is dead meat!
Jeff
May 18th 8:34 AM
IF Martin had set Robb up as some kind of boy genius, I'd be more inclined to believe in his death. But he showed Robb as still being an immature and scared kid when he told Catelyn about how Jaime had almost killed him at the Whispering would. Martin has left Robb a lot of room to grow up, and I think he'll give him the chance.
sparhawk
May 18th 9:01 AM
ultimately, ice will end up thrust up lord tywins arse. i don't know and don't care who puts it there.
sparhawk
May 18th 9:01 AM
ultimately, ice will end up thrust up lord tywins arse. i don't know and don't care who puts it there.
Werther
User ID: 9969773
May 18th 9:34 AM
Hodor will put it there.
sparhawk
May 18th 9:46 AM
wooow!!
deja vous!!
tyler
May 18th 10:20 AM
Hey , dont get me wrong i like Robb as much as the next guy, but just to many things are against him, not only the new unified Lannister-Tyrell army, but Bolton has probably betrayed him, and Boltons bastard and the Greyjoys are destroying everything behind him. Not to mention that the dreams Dany and Theon are having all involve Robb or a symbolized Robb ( King with wolfs head) dead. and yes Martin has left him room to grow and people do care about his character more because of this, which is all the more reason i believe he will be killed. He will probably go down fighting and Grey Wind with him and they will have hundreds of wounds all over them just like Theon dreamed.
Jeff
May 18th 10:46 AM
Theon did not dream that they were dead. He dreamed that they were covered in wounds and _walking_ into Winterfell.

I think there's a big difference between being dead and being badly wounded.

The "wolf king" in Danys' dream was dead, but whether that image was specifically intended to be Robb is more questionable. It could have symbolized Ned or "the North" as a whole. Or maybe what _might_ happen if she didn't, at some point in the future, help to defend the North.

Martin has commented about how he is looking forward to the gap because he'd rather write about adults then children. Robb is the only Stark child who will be old enough and in a position to lead Stark supporters militarily. Arya is a girl and still would be too young. Sansa has no interest. Bran and Rickon would be too young as well. Jon would be a candidate except that any claim he would have to lordship over the North would be rather weak. Plus, both he and Benjen are sworn to the Watch.

That doesn't mean that Robb _will_ survive. But he does seem to be an important character because he fills a pretty important role that seemingly should be filled by someone. I agree, hi near term future is pretty bleak. If he survives ACOK, it will be after losing he has lost a major battle that will either further weaken or even break the Stark hold on the North.
tyler
May 18th 11:01 AM
Jeff reread pages 608 and 609 everybody in the room in Theons dream is dead, and i dont know but could you survive 50 SAVAGE wounds, if nothing else bloodloss alone would get you. Of course this could all be foreshowing to make us think Robb is a goner, and then for him to survive, but that just doesnt feel right.
Jeff
May 18th 11:56 AM
Granted, but I'm not sure the scene is meant to be taken literally. Robb could simply represent the North or Stark fortunes in the North. He's bleeding from so many wounds because his army has been wrecked, Bolton and Theon have betrayed him, etc.
tyler
May 18th 5:11 PM
Thats true i hadnt really thought about it that way.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages