This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings II / The Unknown POV

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Optimus Prime
User ID: 0909594
Apr 4th 10:35 PM
George R. R. Martin has gone on record to say that there will be two new POV's in STORM OF SOWRDS. One is Sam Tarly and the other is unknown. He said it was a surprise. Now, knowing that George loves to paint in that shade of gray, I wouldn't be surpised if it was Joffrey or Cersai. Or maybe -- Benjen Stark? What do you guys think?
Rughead
User ID: 0415304
Apr 5th 0:29 AM
Jaime or Sandor. More perspective from the villainy!
Moreta
User ID: 0701364
Apr 5th 1:05 AM
Not Sandor. He's already covered by Sansa.
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
Apr 5th 6:59 AM
POV picks

5. Howland Reed
4. Ramsay Snow, tBoB
3. Roose Bolton
2. Jaime Lannister
1. Benjen Stark
Snake
User ID: 0101764
Apr 5th 9:38 AM
Osha. Lets us keep track of Rickon and also get to meet Howland Reed.
Trebla
User ID: 0721754
Apr 5th 3:41 PM
I hadn't thought of Osha, Snake, but I think you may be right. Bran had been our link to Rickon but now that they have separated, it makes sense.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Apr 5th 4:00 PM
Sandor is only covered by Sansa if they stay in the same place. If they separate, then we might need a POV from both.
Mohit
User ID: 8402073
Apr 5th 8:29 PM
my vote is for osha (for above reason) and benjen, which is just for no reason other then the fact since GRRM is not willing to tell us that means it
should be a suprise, and if he said benjen, then we would all know he is alive. (i guess the same reason could go for jaime)

-M
Relic
User ID: 9308123
Apr 5th 8:38 PM
Or Theon, yet again. Although i doubt George is that cruel.
Omer
User ID: 9551723
Apr 5th 10:55 PM
I don't know... Osha doesn't seem right. I think he'll let her disappear into the background for a while, you know, let us wonder.

I'd bet on Cersei, but that doesn't make much sense. I mean She's in KL, along with both Sansa and Tyrion. Why would one need her POV?

Same goes for Jaime and Benjen. I know? What about Barrathon? or whatever his name his, the knight? or maybe Ned isn't dead after all:-)
Padraig
User ID: 9697893
Apr 6th 3:17 PM
Have to assume that some of the characters will move around in aSoS. So Tyrion may no-longer be in KL now that Tywin is back. Or if Jaime is freed then he may lead the war against Robb.

Benjen is a nice choice but we have Jon to show us how the Wildings are going on and Sam to keep us up to date with the Watch. Since I imagine both of them will remain more or less where they are a second new POV in the north would be a bit much.

Howland would be even more intriging. Osha maybe. I can't see tBoB.

So in order of likelihood Jaime, Howland and then Osha.
Thorfinn
User ID: 9906923
Apr 6th 3:26 PM
I hope its Littlefinger or Edric Storm (the Barthenon boy that Milslandre (sp?) wanted so badly) or one the Martells. Littlefinger is gone to be lord of Hernhall (sp?) and I want to know what he is thinking. Edric seems an innocent and something is likely going to happen to him (I think).
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Apr 6th 3:39 PM
I think Littlefinger can be ruled out because he knows too damned much -- being let in his head would reveal too much mystery. And I think Edric can be ruled out because GRRM really finds it hard to write a kid's POV -- he might be willing to do it for Rickon, 5 years after SoS, but I don't believe he'd do it for Edric.

A Martell is possible though. The Red Viper would cool, or Lord Edric Dayne.
Razib
User ID: 1411674
Apr 6th 5:42 PM
I thought Edric Storm was a teenager? He was concieved on Stannis' wedding day, and I remember that his daughter is at least 9 years old or so. I thought Storm was about 15 or something? That's generally old enough to be considered adult in most cultures.

But I would think if GrrM was going to write from the perspective of any of Robert B's bastards, it would be Gendry, who we already are somewhat familiar with.
Malice
User ID: 1759784
Apr 6th 5:52 PM
Won't the POV be male? And isn't Martin getting a little tired of kids' POVs? I was thinking about Edric myself, but since I believe the person will not be a child or teenager, the possibility that it's Jaime seems more likely to me. Then again, it might not be anyone we know at all--or know very little of at the present time--like Davos was.
labor
User ID: 0798784
Apr 6th 6:16 PM
Edric's age is an enigma. IIRC Brienne said that he is 7 or 8 years old, but Stannis's own true-born daughter is 10 years old. So, if Edric was conceived in Stannis's wedding bed (and wasn't it a really dirty trick on Robert's part?), he'd be at least as old as Shireen. Maybe he is just very small for his age...
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Apr 6th 6:36 PM
Edric's only .. 9 or 10 as well, I believe. Stannis's daughter was concieved within or about a year after the wedding.
Omer
Apr 7th 11:18 AM
I don't think its Storm, because, as Davos is alive, we already have a POV character about this stuff.

BTW, I really hope Davos's kids are OK. I would hate it if Davos lost his children, that would be cruel.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Apr 7th 1:21 PM
Well, I suppose it would be nothing short of a miracle if all Davos' sons as well as himself got unscathed away from _that_ inferno, when so many others succumbed to the fires.

IIRC, Davos' youngest sons were not on the Blackwater - but his four elder sons were; Dale and Allard, captaining a galley each, Maric, who was either Davos' second on 'Black Betha' or oarmaster on the 'Fury', and a fourth one whose name eludes me for the moment, and who held the other position that Maric didn't possess.
All of these ships were sunk, above the chain boom.

If just two of them are alive, I should think Davos should consider himself very lucky (given the context, of course - I don't expect him to dance a happy dance any time soon...).
Omer
Apr 7th 4:47 PM
Yeah, ok, its not very realistic, and Martin woudl probably kill at least one of them, and I suspect that he may kill all of them or all but one, but still I hope they're all OK. I like Davos, and I wouldn't want him to have to bury his children.

Of course, as they've probably sank or burned to ash, he wouldn't actually have to bury them:-)

OK, grim joke
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages