This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings II / The Torcher Chamber

Next 20 Messages
Zelticgar
User ID: 9328513
Aug 26th 8:38 PM
Here is a little role play what if for everyone:
Robb Stark has rode into KL and captured a select group of prisoners to be held deep below the Red Keep. They are as follows in no particular order: Janos Slynt, Gregor Clegane, Ilyne Payne, Cersei Baratheon, Tywin Lannister and Theon Greyjoy.
Robb has determined that these prisoners have all committed grievious crimes towards the Starks and need to be punished in accordance. Three will be sent to The Wall, Two will be tortured horribly and be left to die in a sealed cript Via the Cask of Amontillado, and one will be imprisoned in Kings Landing for the rest of their days.

I send Slynt, Payne and Tywin to The Wall.
I would torture and seal via The Cask of Amontillado Cersei and Gregor and imprison Theon.
Oenone
User ID: 0645514
Aug 27th 6:02 AM
You would torture a woman? That's not very honourable is it?

Personally I would imprison Cersie.
Send Slynt, Theon and Tywin to the wall and torture Payne and Gregor after all if they want to live in violence then they can die the same way!
Emily
User ID: 0756324
Aug 27th 6:37 AM
Hey, I want equality between the sexes! I DEMAND that Cersei has the right to be tortured!!

Having said that, she'd be my candidate for imprisonment too. She's done some pretty awful things, but most of them stem from being treated as inferior in a patriarchal world. I can't help feeling the whole mess could have been avoided if she'd got a sword to play with like Jaime.

Torture: well, naturally as a member of Amnesty International I totally deplore any kind of torture for any reason whatsoever, but having said that...Gregor! And, I think, Theon (sorry, Min). I just can't face the thought of Theon going to the Wall, wearing his nice black embroidered clothes, calling himself a Prince, seducing and disgarding women, sneering at Jon, rising to the top and persuading himself that this is an honourable profession, infinitely preferable to hanging around those ghastly Iron Isles with his awful relatives.

I suppose that leaves Slynt, Payne and Tywin for the Wall, though I'm a bit worried about what Tywin would get up to there. As himself OR if he got taken over by the Others.
Dirjj
User ID: 0464054
Aug 28th 4:17 PM
Gee, if you guys want to roleplay, I suggest you take it to Potpourri VII. That has been where we've been doing our roleplay. Plus we need more blood. Also, I need allies. That Ching dude is gettin on my nerves.

ab
labor
User ID: 8785553
Aug 28th 4:57 PM

Hm... I am surprised by the beneficial attitude of the public towards assorted villains. IMHO, Tywin, Theon, Gregor and Cersei all deserve to be executed. As to torture - I would single out Tywin. Gregor is an insane psychopat, but Tywin ordered unordinate amounts of butchery in his right mind and cold blood. I believe that everything one had ordered done, one _had_ done, and by this count Tywin is far more horrific than even Gregor. Also, we might learn a lot of interesting history if he were the one being tortured...

Slynt and Payne for the Wall - Payne is just a hard-working executioner, and his brains were likely unhinged because of Aerys' tender attentions... And Slynt, frankly, doesn't come near anyone of select group of traitors and murderers the other 4 constitute.
haaruk Aug 29th 12:23 PM
I don't believe in torturing any human being. If their crimes can be proven, kill them or send them to the wall and be done with it.
Zelticgar
Aug 29th 8:03 PM
I am interested that two of you would imprison Cersei. I would assume she would be an automatic choice for death based on the fact that she was the purportrator of such evil deeds.
I think being a lady works against her. Her deedsseem even more vicious...
Oenone
Aug 30th 1:27 AM
Zelticgar: Cersie definately gets preferential treatment from me because she's female, sorry Emily ;-] I ask you, would you truly torture and kill a woman if you had the power too?
Watcher
User ID: 1704034
Aug 30th 3:12 AM
Emily: I�m never sure how to read your posts. Either you have a very dry sense of humor or you are very scary.

I agree with haaruk here:)
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Aug 30th 9:03 AM
Watcher;

You should read Emily's posts while keeping in mind that she has a very dry sense of humor _and_ is very scary. :o)
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Aug 30th 10:04 AM
All right, here goes:

Sent to the Wall:
Janos Slynt
Illyn Payne
Gregor Clegane

Imprisoned for life:
Tywin Lannister

Tortured:
Cercie Baratheon
Theon Greyjoy

I figured Tywin probably doesn't have many years left and the thought of all his power being divested would certainly have some effect on him. Then again, his supporters may rally and try to free him, so kill him quickly and imprison Theon, where his conscious will kill him eventually.
Donald S. Crankshaw
User ID: 9802413
Aug 30th 6:47 PM
Well, if you don't want to torture Cersei, why not send her to the wall? Granted, we're stretching a few rules here, but it might be interesting.
Zelticgar
Aug 30th 9:54 PM
No one seems mad at Ilyn Payne for chopping Ned's head of. He gets sent to the wall to live out his days? I wonder how the men of the walls react in situations like that. I am sure Jon and Benjen would not stand by?
Oenone
Aug 31st 4:23 AM
Zelticgar: I hadn't even thought of that! But on the plus side I guess this way you can see three of the prisoners dead ;-]
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Aug 31st 7:46 AM
Zelt, I see Illyn as a tool, and not the conscious of the deed. Besides, there are better people to torture and kill than the Kings Justice.
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Aug 31st 8:47 AM
I think that if Cersei had been given a sword to "play with" she'd most likely be dead.
Zelticgar
Aug 31st 9:55 AM
Has there been any examples of vengence taken against member's of the Night's Watch for past issues? Either by another brother or an outside entity.
Kay-Arne Hansen
User ID: 9209903
Aug 31st 10:51 AM
Never heard of one, at least. Considering the vast amount of criminals there, I do not think it is implausible that this has occured, though.
labor
User ID: 8479113
Aug 31st 7:51 PM

Well, it is quite possible that Ilyn Payne sincerely thought that Ned was a traitor. I mean, Ned's little performance looked exactly like treason to anyone who didn't know about the situation in detail (i.e. Ned himself, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Varys and Littlefinger). Even Slynt couldn't be really sure where lay rights and wrongs of the situation (not that he cared).
Zelticgar
Sep 1st 5:26 PM
Yes Labor in this instance I agree with you. (shocked?) Ilyn Payne is simply doing service to his king.
Next 20 Messages