This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings II / Joff and cersei

Fitz
User ID: 2017574
May 11th 4:46 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if Cersei was boinking her son?
Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 11th 4:54 PM
Cersei was adamant that Joffrey was still too innocent for such things, after Tyrion brought up how he treated Sansa (re: getting Blount to tear down her dress.) It seemed pretty honest. And she does love her children, it seems, so I can't actually see her doing that.

KAH
User ID: 0541004
May 12th 11:14 AM
She'd have some explaining problems, however, if Joffrey knew about it, and started to get ideas about his sister... :P
sparhawk
User ID: 0436494
May 12th 11:57 AM
i reckon lord tywin is actually giving it to joffrey up the tradesman's entrance.
Emily
User ID: 2192024
May 12th 12:34 PM
I'll ignore that remark, sparhawk.

I very much doubt that Cersei has slept with Joff, or that such a thought has ever crossed her mind. However, there are similarities between her situation and the Roman Empress Agrippina's. Agrippina was her brother (Caligula's) lover. She later married an Emperor (Claudius), who she murdered in order to put her son by another man on the throne. She became her son (Nero's) lover after she found her influence on him waning, but he killed her anyway.

OK, I doubt that Cersei or even Joff would go that far, but if they both survive for long enough (unlikely, with any luck), I wouldn't completely rule out them becoming lovers, or Joff trying to have his darling mummy killed.
Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 12th 12:40 PM
I'd take Suetonius with a grain of salt. He was about as down on the Julio-Claudian dynasty as Procopius was on Justinian and Theodora. Very entertaining reading, though.

I agree though, with the idea that Cersei might well fall to that given time . . . Yeah, I could buy it.
sparhawk
User ID: 0436494
May 12th 1:06 PM
yep, joffrey's definitely farting bubbles.
Lord Fool
User ID: 9607473
May 12th 10:34 PM
nice post Emily but one correction. Agrippina tried to gewt in bed with her son but he was able to resist though he was sick. because his lover (cant remember if it was mistress ro wife) came in and replaced her