This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings II / Bobbity

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Bob
User ID: 0004344
Sep 17th 2:22 AM
Jon is the child of Rhaegar Targaryen & Lyanna Stark, & therefore is the promised Prince of Ice & Fire. Note in A game of throne, there was no mention of Lyanna returning Roberts amorous feelings. However, there was mention of Rhaegar having a thing for Lyanna.
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Sep 17th 7:18 AM
Bob, what does Bobbity mean? Also, it hasn't been 100-percent confirmed that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. That's mostly been a reader's assumption to this point. And, I personally don't think Lyanna loved Robert. I question whether she even liked him.
Kristin
User ID: 0429484
Sep 17th 10:09 AM
I don't think she liked him either. But do we really need another board to discuss this?
Ser Gary
Sep 17th 12:48 PM
Maybe, Kristin. But before I offer an opinion on that, I need to know what Bobbity means.
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Sep 17th 1:12 PM
I do, of course, have an opinion on what it means, but I don't know if I'd care to share it...board's PG-rating and all.
Ser Gary
Sep 17th 3:28 PM
Does it involve a knife?
KAH
Sep 18th 10:37 AM
And a woman. Of the angry kind.
Ser Gary
User ID: 9279843
Sep 18th 3:03 PM
But, but, but, what does that have to do with Rhaegar and Lyanna?
Shagga
User ID: 8743893
Sep 19th 2:39 AM
Can we all say bastard....?

What other bastards in his book do we see?

Hmmmmmmmm....

All of Roberts bastards are dark in color and Jon is dark in color

I just spout this because of the fact that GRRM made it so convenient for us to see.
Although it would heads cooler if Jon was a Targaryen... but then neither Rhaegar or Lyanna had dark features.
Ran
User ID: 0283314
Sep 19th 6:40 AM
Sure Lyanna did. Jon looks the most like Ned of all the children. Robert has black hair -- Ned and Jon have brown hair.

One presumes that Lyanna had brown hair as well, and the grey eyes of the Starks also.
Rebecca
User ID: 0303694
Sep 19th 8:37 AM
Lyanna did have the brown hair. Remember Arya also takes after her father with his features and coloring. And Ned says Arya resembles Lyanna in more than just attitude, she looks like her as well. And it is also stated in GoT that Jon and Arya look alike, so we can infer that Jon looks like Lyanna as well. :)

Ser Gary
Sep 20th 9:23 AM
Lyanna was supposedly one of the great beauties of the Seven Kingdoms. I get the impression Arya isn't actually all that good looking. Terms like "horse faced" have been used to describe her. Or did I miss some positive references to Arya's features?
Snake
User ID: 0018434
Sep 20th 9:41 AM
She's only nine. Give her time. A lot of kids are teased when they are young but grow to be real babes.

I too would like to know what is meant by BOBBITY?
KAH
Sep 20th 9:59 AM
I think I saw some Bob fellow on the Legends board. Maybe it's the same?

And I can only agree with Snake about Arya; after all, Asha seems to have been rather plain, but grew up to be a...well, maybe not bombshell, but much better looking.
Telisiane
User ID: 2233684
Sep 20th 2:28 PM
RE: Bob's post: I thought baby Aegon was the Prince of Ice and Fire. Didn't Rhaegar say that to Elia in Dany's visions? Something like "his is the song of ice and fire"....blah blah blah
Ser Gary
Sep 20th 2:57 PM
KAH, are you saying this topic may have been named after its creator? How does Ser Garrity sound for my next topic?
KAH
Sep 21st 2:53 AM
Garrity?

Sounds like some nasty kind of execution method. :P
Min
User ID: 1446254
Sep 21st 5:59 AM
Minity sounds cute, don't you think?

Renly stated that Margaery was a copy of Lyanna, and did she not have blond hair? And Arya could resemble Lyanna without having the same hair-colour.

As for Arya: She is a tomboy, and thus not the dollish beauty like her sister. Which does not mean at all that she may not become a beautiful woman when she is grown. Eventually, she will discover that she's female, despite all killing and sword-wielding. That will not hinder her. Then, she can become everything. Beauty is made from within (which is not the same as the saying "Beauty is found within - I _did_ referr to external beauty).
Ser Gary
Sep 21st 7:21 AM
All you say is very true, Min. But how beautiful might Arya become with a conscience that's weighted down by killings? I'd thought I'd stir this up again :)
KAH
Sep 21st 7:34 AM
Min;

Renly was mistaken about the similarity between Margaery and Lyanna, if Ned is to be believed.

As for how beautiful Arya can get with a conscience weighted down by killings; I'll say a name - Cersei...
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages