This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings II / Stupid Theories

Next 20 Messages
Sorrowful Man
User ID: 0171704
Jan 22nd 2:10 PM
Post your stupid theories here...I'll start-
1. Jaime is not dead and was instead released by Catelyn at the end of ACoK.
Zer0hour
User ID: 1432154
Jan 22nd 5:06 PM
The stupdest theory of all is Ned still being alive. As much as I loved Ned and want him to come back, the stoy is better off with him dead, IMHO.
Swithin
User ID: 9670323
Jan 22nd 7:24 PM
Well, I still think Catelyn either cut off his hair or forced him to marry her.
Aerian
User ID: 1557854
Jan 22nd 7:47 PM
Or marry Brienne. It has a sort of poetic justice, forcing to him to marry someone so different than Cersei.
Grimlock
User ID: 0283314
Jan 25th 10:49 PM
The cutting off the hair thing has been done, at the end of the last book with Arya
Dirjj
User ID: 1954724
Jan 25th 11:40 PM
The Other's are really good. They're just misunderstood.

ab
Relic
User ID: 9328513
Jan 26th 0:03 AM
Syrio is a manifistation of Arya's past life. Hes her guardian angel and hes gotta change shapes so she wont find out.
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Jan 26th 0:57 AM
Stannis and Renly were secretly lovers. That whole war between them was a lover's tiff gone out of control.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Jan 26th 2:57 PM
Tyrion is really Danys. I mean, has anyone really seen them together at the same time and place?
Zer0hour
Jan 26th 11:12 PM
Has anyone seen any character in the same place as Dany. Ned is Dany! He put up a fight when Robert wanted to send hired knives out for her...Ned was just thinking about himself. :)
Aerian
User ID: 1557854
Jan 27th 1:50 AM
Just like a man, only thinking of himself! :o)
Dirjj
User ID: 1954724
Jan 27th 11:06 AM
No, Westeros is really a Western continent on the Tsurrami (sp) homeword from Feist's Riftwar seris. The Others are just the transplanted elves from Midkemia. I'd stake Jeff's life on it.

ab
I, Claudius
User ID: 0505634
Jan 27th 11:55 AM
No way, Westeros is the Eastern continent on the Farseer Trilogy. In fact, the secret POV in ASOS is Fitz, and his chapters has been written by Robin Hobb. As you can imagine, the guy will be hired to poison king Joffrey but instead he will spend the whole book pitying himself and doing nothing.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jan 27th 12:40 PM
I take it you didn't like the trilogy, Claudius... :o)
I, Claudius
User ID: 0505634
Jan 27th 2:44 PM
I did like the Farseer books very much. My only problem was with the main character, yes I know that this sounds stupid in a book that only has one POV, in first person, BTW. The rest was great, I enjoyed the sense of horror about the "forgings", the way to portray the magic, and some of the other characters like Chade, Molly and Burrich. It was Fitz. I'm not saying that he is not a genuine character, only that...I couldn't stand him.

Well, the topic is "stupid theories" and before someone suggest me to beguin a Farseer discussion in another place I will launch my Ultimate Stupid Theory (UST):

It's all a dream. Hey, that will be the usual solution if ASOIAF were a TV series and the andience began to drop after Ned's "haircut". Catelyn wakes in Winterfell and finds that all has been a nightmare. Ned is alive, and Robert Baratheon has made Hodor Hand because he found that he comanded some respect. The Lannister agree with the royal notion and Varys is so happy about all.
Zer0hour
Jan 27th 5:58 PM
No no NO!!! Westeros is the speck of dirt on the tip of one of GRRM's beard hairs, and all the characters are sub-microscopic bacteria, and the world will all come to an end when he decides to shave.
Rughead
User ID: 9627953
Jan 28th 3:11 AM
Catelyn and Jaime will mate and take on Cersei and Loras in a seven kingdoms tag team match.
Calenth
User ID: 2525954
Feb 6th 5:04 PM
The next book opens with a wind coming down from above the wall, and it turns out this entire series is actually another "age" in the Wheel of Time. The Starks start getting ta'veren lucky all over the place, Ban gets hit by the Taint, and Daenerys spends the next four books tugging her braid.
Watcher
User ID: 7426893
Feb 6th 9:14 PM
To keep his promise that the books won't go past 6 books, the red comet crashes into the planet destroying it at the end of the 6th book. Martin then claims he planned it all along.
Syrio
User ID: 7886603
May 10th 8:11 AM
Mance Rayder is Elvis!
Next 20 Messages