This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Clash of Kings II / Who Do You Want To See More Of?

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Aug 18th 9:09 AM
I thought since we were killing other characters off at a prodigious rate, we might like to take a moment and find out who we'd really like to see more of (what they are thinking, doing, wanting, etc.).

My top five people I would like to see more of:

5. Doran Martell, or any other Martell.
4. Loras Tyrell.
3. Roose Bolton.
2. Barristan Selmy.
1. Asha Greyjoy.
Daniel R. Baker
User ID: 1425064
Aug 18th 9:22 AM
Claidhaim: I agree completely about Asha and Barristan. And no matter how much Tyrion there is, I always want more.

Others I'd like to see more of: Jaqen H'ghar, Jorah Mormont and Mance Rayder.

But overall I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of each character that we get.
Claidhaim
Aug 18th 9:23 AM
I forgot the big one:

Howland Reed.
Ser Benjen
User ID: 1195644
Aug 18th 10:09 AM
For me it who I'd like to see, period.

6. Edric Dayne
5. Berric Dondarrion
4. Robb Stark
3. Thoros of Myr
2. Benjen Stark
1. Howland Reed
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Aug 18th 10:45 AM
Ser Benjen, how could you not put your namesake first? :)

For me, it's Beric and Thoros, and Howland Reed.

Min
User ID: 9433023
Aug 18th 1:08 PM
5. Benjen Stark
4. Howland Reed
3. Jaqen H'ghar
2. Myrcella and/or Tommen Lannister

Number one - and far from the others:
Stannis' disfigured daughter and her fool

Oh Gary, I _knew_ you would bring up Beric again... :-) you hold a torch for this man, don't you? ;-)))
Moreta
User ID: 9565813
Aug 18th 2:14 PM
6. Shireen Baratheon, Myrcella and Tommen
5. Barristan Selmy
4. Jaime Lannister (the guy has a story to tell)
3. Edric Dayne
2. Doran Martell
1. Howland Reed

Honorable mentions: Asha, Loras, Beric (supporting you, Ser Gary :) ), and Jorah.

And this is insane but I'd like to see more about Ser Arthur Dayne and his sister Ashara Dayne :)
Daniel R. Baker
User ID: 1425064
Aug 18th 2:16 PM
Yes, I should have thought of Shireen. I'd like to see more of her too. I could do without Patchface though; half an hour of his prattle about the sea and I swear I'd move to a landlocked country.

As for Benjen, I think Martin's hiding his fate in plain sight: he's dead! It would be just the sort of trick that Martin likes to pull, confounding everyone's romantic expectations. But there is some possibility that he's gone off and joined the wildlings.
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Aug 18th 3:47 PM
Wouldn't it be funny (interesting) if Jon or someone from the Night's Watch came across Benjen's face on one of those strange, old trees?
labor
User ID: 8479113
Aug 18th 4:07 PM

1. Howland Reed
2. Tywin Lannister
3. The Martells
4. Quaithe of the Shadow
5. Margaery Tyrell
Ran
User ID: 0283314
Aug 18th 5:29 PM
5. Whoever the hell is Dunk's descendant!
4. Quaithe of the Shadow
3. The Martells (particularly Doran and Oberyn)
2. Howland Reed
1. Edric Dayne
Mike
User ID: 9990163
Aug 19th 2:47 PM
5. Bronze Yohn Royce (he has to be rather upset that his younger and most formidable son was killed by the Knight of Flowers)
4. Robb Stark, and his bannermen
3. Edric Dayne
2. Howland Reed
1. Benjen Stark

And here is someone that I would like to hear from one more time: Ned Stark's shade (in a Godswood)
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Aug 19th 3:04 PM
Okay everybody, you are quickly exhausting the list of good Questions for the Question of the Week. But what the hell...

1) Howland Reed

2) Benjen Stark

3) Beric Dondarrion

4) Robb Stark.
Claidhaim
Aug 19th 4:43 PM
This already was a QOW, Jeff, but I'm sure we could have rehashed it again anyway. :o)
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Aug 19th 4:48 PM
It was??? I reviewed all of them a little bit ago and don't recall this one. BTW, Claidhaim, your interest in QOW has given me an idea....
Jaeger
User ID: 7378223
Aug 19th 7:56 PM
1. Iliyo - Coiniving, greedy, fork beareded, fork tongued man that he is.

2. Berric and Thoros - Even though it'ld harm their mystique.

3. Ser Allister - How he survived this far is a suprise, but it would be nice to see him more, specificly how he gets his.

4. Its not so much a person as a place, I want to see Castlery Rock and Lannisport.
Doc
User ID: 0770504
Aug 20th 3:30 AM
Why stop there, Jaeger?
Why not Highgarden, and the Dornish marches, and Dorne? I'd like to see the Summer Isles, also.

But I'd REALLY like to have seen more of Robert, Renly, and Stannis, before the first two died and the last started shacking up with that red whore from Asshai.

*grinz*
I'd also like to have access to Varys' spy network, and Littlefinger's account books. To know Lord Baelish's true feelings would also be rather telling, I think .... :)

But more to the question, I want more of Robb Stark, instead of just being tossed a bone every now and again from Catelyn's POV.
VictorCain
User ID: 1153984
Aug 21st 0:29 AM
I'd like to see more of GRRM, handing off a finished manuscript ready for print.
Doc
User ID: 0770504
Aug 21st 6:16 PM
I think we're ALL with you there, Victor.
In fact, it rather goes without saying .... :)
Chris Greenway
User ID: 9510053
Aug 21st 11:06 PM
Robb, Mance Rayder, Brienne, Davos (if he lived), Jaqen H'ghar or whatever he now calls himself, Gendry, Barristan Selmy, all of the Reeds and Osha.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages