This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Farewell

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Snake
User ID: 0665994
May 11th 11:35 AM
Well my time on the board is drawing to a close as tomorrow I shall leave for my hometown on the Southeast coast of Labrador and will be unable to post until September. I think I shall go mad! It has been a lot of fun and very interesting reading what all of you Lords and Ladys had to say. I would thank you all for your insights and your comments, even the ones who disagree with me.(All of you it seemed) I can't name you all but you know who you are. When I return this fall from my northern village I shall hope to find you all here, still coming up with some crazy theories. Well, I hope everyone fares well in the upcoming months and although summer is nigh at hand, remember, Winter Is Coming!! Farewell my friends!! For a while, anyway!!
KAH
User ID: 9209903
May 11th 12:18 PM
Snake:

As one of those disagreeing with you most (or so it feels, sometimes :), I wish you well on your journey home. You will be missed.

*looks around*

Don't give me those strange looks - people who disagree with me make for interesting conversation!
Emily
User ID: 7789183
May 11th 12:23 PM
Snake: I'll miss you (sniff). You are REALLY going to have trouble catching up in September - the messages on this board will probably run into the billions.
Jeff
User ID: 8506593
May 11th 12:58 PM
Adios, noble serpent. By September, we'll likely be reduced to debating the color of Tyrion's underwear, but you will of course be welcome. That lackwit KAH probably will be arguing in favor of plain white bikini briefs, but I'm quite confident that Tyrion will stick to some gold boxers.
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
May 11th 1:10 PM
So long Snake, We'll still be here when you return in September. No matter what happens, we'll find something to argue about.
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
May 11th 1:42 PM
Snake, take it from one who left before....it's a difficult withdrawal, and I was only gone for two weeks! Your always articulate comments and your very presence in connection with this board will be sorely missed. I look forward to your fresh ideas and an even fresher outlook upon your return - SG
Kay-Arne Hansen
May 11th 2:28 PM
Bah.

Tyrion is much too smart to use underwear at all. Exceptions only at cold winters.
Keri Stevenson
User ID: 0185894
May 12th 7:26 AM
Snake, good-bye and try not to go mad! (I realize it'll probably be difficult :). Looking forward to hear more of what you have to say when you return.
Min
User ID: 9433023
May 12th 7:51 AM
Snake, I think we disagreed a lot, too. That's the real spice in discussions. Have a very good summer, and be sure to come back to us when Winter is Coming.
Hugs from Min
labor
User ID: 8479113
May 12th 11:18 AM

Have an excellent summer, Snake! It already looks long enough, but I don't think that you'll have trouble to remember about winter in those high altitudes. I promise to keep crazy ideas in ample supply.
Ser Gary
User ID: 9279843
May 22nd 8:51 AM
Snake come back!!! We need people!!!
Min
User ID: 9433023
Jun 10th 8:21 AM
Dear friends,

no farewell here, but I think I might not post for a while. I have personnal things to solve that really trouble me, and when I posted today, I really found that I have not the head to go into the discussions right now.

I just wanted to let you know so that you don't think I would abandon the board. I will sure be back as soon as I feel better, promised. Keep the board up until then, will y'all do that? I just need some time to recover.

I'll think of you.
Ser Gary
Jun 10th 8:44 AM
I fear the message board has just lost it's heart and soul. Be well, Min, and come back to us ASAP. My thoughts are with you.
Keri Stevenson Jun 10th 9:18 AM
I'll miss you, Min :). The discussions won't be the same without your voice- deriding Catelyn, defending Theon, and all the rest... :).

Be well, and come back soon. Don't know how to say "A star shines on the hour of our future meeting" in Quenya, or I would, so....

El sila lummen' omentielvo.
Jeff
User ID: 8506593
Jun 10th 9:27 AM
I'll miss you as well, Min. Good Luck.

Markus
User ID: 2547224
Jun 10th 9:41 AM
Well, I hope you can solve your personal matters to your satisfaction. In every case, we await your fast return, who should defend Theon after all.:-)
Kay-Arne Hansen
Jun 10th 10:02 AM
I don't know how much longer I'm going to post here myself...I'm done with the last exam today, going home for a week before I return for work, and will probably lose internet access for the summer (they'll probably have to toss me on my face out of the University computer lab). I just don't know exactly when that happens, so...

...if you wonder why I've disappeared, I'm almost certainly gone for the summer, and will not be back before autumn.
In case I am not able to wave good-bye then:

Adios, in advance!

*waves handkerchief*
Ser Gary
Jun 10th 10:16 AM
Et tu, KAH! The kingdom is being deserted.
Emily
User ID: 9252363
Jun 10th 10:20 AM
Don't leave me, Min!!!!!

Don't leave me, Kay-Arne!!!!!

*sob*

Well...come back as soon as possible, both of you. This board will be so much poorer without your...um...unique contributions.
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Jun 10th 10:21 AM
Min;

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but I am confident that you will solve them for the better. My thoughts are with you and I pray for a speedy return to our lives.

Kay-Arne;

I know exactly how it feels to be thrown out of a university computer center, so never fear, it only hurts the first time:).
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages