This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / For us Yanks-Happy Thanksgiving

cgob
User ID: 0053014
Nov 24th 8:55 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the members who celebrate this holiday (obviously citizens of the United States). Not to exclude other members who are not- Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :)

Not saying that the United States is the best place in the world but I am pretty damn happy to live here and not in other areas where armed conflict and supression seem to be the rule.

Thank you God/Goddess/Deities/whatever for letting me live in a place where I can go buy a pack of smokes at three in the morning. Thank you for 7-11's. Thank you for useless jobs that mean actually nothing yet still afford me to get smokes at three in the morning at 7-11. Thank you for having large corporations that produce large quantities of quality tobbacco that are sold at prices that those at meaningless jobs can afford to buy at 7-11's at three in the morning. Thank you thank you thank you. Life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving! I love this place! For real! Even though this sounds sarcastic. Hallejulah!!! Honest! Thank you!

Thank you!
Dirjj
User ID: 0094674
Nov 25th 1:27 AM
I too would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks, and non yanks as well. I give thanks that George R.R. Martin created such wonderful novels that enabled us to all be a part of this great Message Board. The Message board has also created several friendships that I'm sure will last for a long time.

Min, Jeff, Kay, Ran, LindaElane, Claidham, and everyone else. Have a Good One!

ab
Min
User ID: 9433023
Nov 25th 4:52 AM
German's do not have Thanksgiving, and the German Turkeys give thanks for that. Anyhow, happy Thanksgiving to y'all.

I give thanks for the joys in my life, the love I am able to give and receive. And I give thanks for the hurts and pains, too, for they made me grow.
I give thanks for this board, and the bunch of great people I am able to meet here, and I would never have met otherwise.
I give thanks for the Poet and the Knight. I am honoured to know them.

Ok, have fun, people, and don't get stuffed too much - you won't be able to move after diner! :-)
Kristin
User ID: 0283314
Nov 25th 10:39 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all! I give thanks for all of the people on this board, and for the helpful career advice some of them have given me recently. I give thanks that my husband has gotten a new job, where he will be happy (and get a great stock purchase program). I give thanks for my family, even though they're 1,800 miles away, and that my parents were recently able to visit us. I give thanks for libraries, books, and bookstores, and the friends I've made at my bookstore. And I give thanks that I have enough quarters to do laundry today, because I need clean clothes.
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Nov 25th 6:52 PM
I am thankful for my life and for friends like those on this board. I am thankful for good books. I am thankful for my health. I am quite thankfuk that I don't have to be bored. The world if full of so many fascinating things and I have access to them. Life can be a pretty good thing. Something I must remember next time I am caught in traffic :-)
Dirjj
User ID: 1432154
Nov 26th 10:05 PM
I'm still stuffed. Time to hit the gym.

ab
Min
Nov 29th 3:39 PM
Oh, all those POOR turkeys... :-)
Fourthman
User ID: 0526904
Nov 29th 4:57 PM
Have no fear,
My bird committed suicide; he most conveniently drowned himself in gravy.
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Nov 30th 4:36 AM
And how better to honor the decision of suicide but eating the corpse afterwards? :o)
Min
User ID: 1446254
Nov 30th 9:48 AM
if you say so... is there some turkey left for me?
Dirjj
User ID: 9990163
Nov 30th 2:37 PM
I guess we can save any leftovers and have another picnic. I think pumpkin pies don't throw as well as cream pies.

ab
Min
Nov 30th 5:47 PM
If we could decide not to throw anything at each other (and if Jeff promises to behave, if such a thing is possible), I would be glad about another picnic.