This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Farewell II

Next 20 Messages
Fourthman
User ID: 1989294
Sep 11th 8:42 PM
Fourthman
User ID: 1989294
Sep 11th 8:43 PM
[Just wanted to continue the thread without my message (only relevant once!) repeating at the top of each 20]

Thanks for the mention Jeff. I'm around but Sire Blunt (aka Relic) warned me away from the board last night due to the high spoiler content of late. I didn't see anything and I don't wanna know anything. So I fear I'll just keep my board participation to the non content boards.
Ran
User ID: 0283314
Sep 12th 5:58 AM
I'll note, just for the record, that what Relic warned of is repaired. There's nothing more or less than we've ever had. :)
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Sep 13th 3:42 PM
Fourth, you've gotta stop dropping in just to say good-bye. Come back and participate. We need your insights.
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Sep 14th 8:25 AM
No we don't.
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Sep 14th 9:22 AM
Sure we do.
Jeff
Sep 14th 9:36 AM
Bah humbug!
KAH
Sep 14th 9:42 AM
It's not!
Jeff
Sep 14th 10:22 AM
Huh?
KAH
Sep 14th 11:27 AM
Uh...
Fourthman
User ID: 0526904
Sep 14th 12:54 PM
Well I say it's DUCK season so you're going to have to shoot ME!

- with apologies to Chuck Jones and Mel Blanc.
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Sep 14th 2:50 PM
That was a pretty good post, Fourth. Feel better?
Fourthman
User ID: 0526904
Sep 14th 2:54 PM
wunnerful
Min Sep 20th 4:30 AM
IVth, nice to see you again!

Well... as you surely realized, I have not shown up for a while. I was a week on vacations, but would that prevent me? Of course not!

But before I went on vacations, my telephone company somehow severed my whole phone-connetction... telephone, fax, internet, everything. And they still did not manage to get it right again. So just for those who wonder where I am (and I know, you will be numerous and inconsolable in your immense grief...) - I will be back as soon as this is solved.

And if it is not soon solved, you can be sure that there will be news of a mysterious murder in Germany... the president of the phone-comany will be cruelly slaughtered. Ah well.

Those of you who are sending mails to me - please be patient. I will all be well soon.

:-)
Min Sep 20th 8:03 AM
and Jeff, Kay: I couldn't receiver the diasthema mail due to the recently described problems. As soon as I have, there will be some cleft-tongued remarks from my side, for sure.
:-)
Oh, btw: _I_ found the word in my dictionary. :-)))
Min
User ID: 1446254
Sep 23rd 4:05 AM
Jeff, no need to see you to know that you are diastemed. And it is the same with Kay, for sure. Anyway... no need for any of you to be diastemed to be cleft-tongued. :-)

As for women: I cannot speak for the whole of my sex (I ususally seem to have other opinions on men than the majority of them), but it is not the diastema that's sexy. It's the cleft tongue. If it's a sharp tongue, anyway.

Kay, would you please NOT understand this in _that_ kind of sense again?

Told ya that I've a cruch on cynics. :-)
;-)
Min
Sep 23rd 4:06 AM
And do you know why it's not the cleft tongue that is important? We have that ourselves anyway. :-)
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Sep 25th 0:07 AM
Fourth: Please post. I am posting again. Apparently any and all spoilers for ASOS have been removed for all recent posts.
Min
Oct 11th 6:05 AM
I just thought: Any idea where Markus has gone? He was the one with the photographic memory of the books... and this means no disrespect to labor and Ran, who are both pretty darn good at it. :-)

But me as the inaccurate IIRCer, just thought of him when there was another passage I didn't recall anymore - he was always quick wis an answer. :-)
KAH
Oct 11th 6:41 AM
Perhaps he left an e-mail address? Not that I can be bothered to look it up... :P
Next 20 Messages