This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / On a Personal Note II

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Min
User ID: 1446254
Oct 22nd 3:24 AM
A thread just for idle chat, for personal notes and small jokes, for all that has no room in the other topics. Have fun (and take care of each other...)
Min
Oct 22nd 3:25 AM
Hey folks! I am the first one this morning! :-)

Well, I always am the first one, though I might get up later than some of you - the benefits of the time difference. :-) Good morning to all of you!
Swithin
User ID: 0443584
Oct 22nd 3:37 AM
Thank you Min! A very... victorious sentiment. I hope that you have a nice day, I'm off to bed. I've just written to Christina, and I think I just told her how much she truly means to me for the first time.

For the first time, I can sleep in peace, with all the world beside me. This might not make sense, but I know not how else to say it.

If I don't get booed, I promise to post in this thread more than in the last one...
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Oct 22nd 6:31 AM
Jeff;

I can assure you, it was not my car. Hell, I don't even have a driver's license. I'm poor, it's expensive, and I don't really _need_ it.

The same goes for beer, of course, but that product takes precedense over transportation every time.

Thumbs up, Swithin.
Min
Oct 22nd 6:38 AM
Jeff, I fear it was _my_ car. But what the heck. There always has a prize to be paid in life... ;-)

Swithin, I understand that feeling very well. It was time you said that to her, I suppose. As I said before: Christina is a lucky person to be loved so. I am glad for you, and I hope you will be able to solve the distance-problem one day. :-)
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Oct 22nd 7:10 AM
We're with you, Swithin. Good move!!!
Min
Oct 22nd 10:40 AM
...and in half an hour, I am out of the office again! :-) Good thing for someone who will hae to work on Sunday from 9am to 3am the next morning... *sigh*
have a good weekend, folks! :-) (And a longer one than I have...)
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Oct 22nd 11:34 AM
Emily;

There's something I've been wondering about...

When you were a child, did you fulfill your own ideals for how the ideal child should be? :o)
Swithin
User ID: 0443584
Oct 22nd 12:47 PM
KAH simple answer - cheesecake!

Oh well, sorry Em. Thanks everyone. I called her after turning my computer off last night. I miss her SO much! And her e-mails sometimes take half the day to get from Greece to Seattle... Argh!

It's silly, but it's nice to know that reading GRRM has given me new friends and acquaintances, from all over the world.
Shagga
User ID: 8743893
Oct 24th 2:01 AM
Hey you guys, Did yah miss me??
I know I did.

so whats every been doin while i was gone. havin a sh&t load of fun i suppose

i never did try that toffe cheese cake, though i would like to.
Icura
User ID: 2609274
Oct 24th 11:15 PM
Has anyone else ever translated the words around the side of the LotR Books only to find that it is total giberish.
(I know this is so with Australian and English covers for the new edition)
starts with:

dh*lhon-rdovdh

is it just for looks (like me) or is their something deeper, something more significant...oh yeah, my blessing to all that is cheesecake.
Swithin
User ID: 2268254
Oct 25th 1:31 AM
She's sent me pictures!!! Actually, she sent me pictures a few days ago, but I only got them yesterday. There's 28 hours of my life spent well. I'd forgotten just how beautiful she is. Damn. Embarassing. She says she's unhappy with these pictures, and I'm so damn jealous of all those f***heads in Athens who get to just walk by her without even looking at her. Bastards! I hate them all! How can they not see?

Oh my, I've gone peculiar...
Ser Gary
Oct 25th 8:10 AM
Swithin, I'm missing something here. She sent you pictures. That's good, right? Why are you hating these other people and why are you going peculiar?
Ami
User ID: 8666863
Oct 25th 8:59 AM
So Swithin, you're gonna start up a website as a shrine to Christina so the rest of us can see your pictures, right? ;)
Min
User ID: 9433023
Oct 25th 2:35 PM
swithin, gary's right. I know missing her must be horrible, but please be a little bit more happy about her sending pictures, ok? :-)

and well, if virtually _everyone_ passing by her in Athens would realize how beautiful she is (in exactly the way you do), there would be more reason to complain than now, dontcha think? :-)

Ok, no kidding about love anymore. When are the two of you going to meet again?
Ser Gary
User ID: 9279843
Oct 25th 5:51 PM
How about here? I mean on this board? She could see how many devoted friends you have here and we could all tell her our favorite Swithin stories.

Plus, it could be kinda fun. All you'd have to do is set up a date and time and we'll all try to come on together.
Dirjj
User ID: 0094674
Oct 26th 0:15 AM
Hey guys, It's me dirjj, well I've finally made it. I know it's been a while, but what the heck. Whoa!!!! That's it who threw the damn cheesecake at me?!?! Wow, you guys are pretty toasted. I guess the picnic's over huh? Oh well, we'll have to do this again. I make an awesome 7-layer dip.

Wow Swithin, I'm having difficulties with a Krisine (similar names) as well, but she doesn't live quite as far away, she might as well be in Greece for all the headache& heartache she puts me through. I think in her case, I'd sleep easier. Hang in there. The greatest rewards are those that are most difficult to gain.

ab
Muad'dib Oct 26th 0:33 AM
The stranger has had enough of this disgust. He's been watching from the shadows almost from the outset of this little venture. What has become of the nobility of Westeros? They have been reduced to a host of Robert Barratheons. Their Get is no better. Best to be done with them all. Things will change. Things will change. As he limps away and unbunches his most uncomfortable small pants, he again curses his "benefactor". As he sneaks away, he cackles, "times they are a changin'"
Min
Oct 26th 3:37 AM
too bad - I just wanted to offer him some cheesecake. Welcome back, noble Dirji! Good to have you here again! And Shagga, too.

Muad'dib, do not judge them. They are good men and women. If you had the courage to show yourself, you would know that.
Ser Gary
Oct 26th 2:00 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the Muadsler had to say. Were we just insulted or invited to another picnic?
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages