This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Who of US would be which character?

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Min
User ID: 1446254
Nov 11th 10:04 AM
This is supposed to be a fun-topic. LindaElane and Jeff brought me to it in "Sexiest Characters.
We talked about which actor would be which character, and who would be who in the real world.
As we know each other pretty well, I thought it might be fun to guess whom you would imagine as which character in the books. :-)
That's nearly as bad as discussing Tyrion's underwear, I know.
Min
Nov 11th 10:46 AM
Ok, it's worse. Nevertheless:
Oh, I have to say that go neither by looks nor by age. Just by character. :-)

Kay: That's quite easy. Tyrion
Gary: Barristan Selmy
Jeff: Believe me or not: Ned.
Moreta: Dany
Emily: Cersei ;-) (no, that's no insult. I just discarded her wrongdoings and thought of her fierceness, cleverness, strength. I mentioned before that I _like_ Cersei)
LindaElane: Catelyn
Bob: Ja'qen Hgar - no one knows who the guy is. :-)
Rebecca: Meera
Malice
User ID: 0826264
Nov 11th 11:12 AM
How about you, Min? ; ) I'm going for Asha.
Min
Nov 11th 11:13 AM
I take that as a compliment :-)
I see myself as Arya pretty often, though... :-)
Kristin
User ID: 0283314
Nov 11th 12:58 PM
Min, I think all that talk about leather won't let anyone think of you as anybody but Asha. :)

Can I be a character, too?
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Nov 11th 1:27 PM
Catelyn sounds good to me, Min. As long as I get to be a version of her thats very fond of Jon :-) Otherwise, yeah, as much as I like the Imp, he would have been toast if I was sure he had gone after my kid. Actually, ummm...not to point the finger at myself, but look what I did when someone took after my boy Jon on this board :-) Btw, did anyone notice, on the SoSpakeMartin site that he said Catelyn's outburst to Jon at Bran's bedside was obviously an isolated incident. So, its not like she is a horrid, mean person. She loved Ned and loves all her kids and tries to do whats best for them. She is kind to people like Brienne. She can be wise at times and foolishly imtepetuous at times. Yep, I can identify with her.

Lets see, heres what I think:

Min - Arya
Fourthman - Tyrion
Ser Gary - Ned (I'm not flirting :-) )
Swithin - closest to Jon, I think
Jeff - Varys, but only if Varys were a good guy and fully functional....thats cause he is analytical and intelligent and scheming like Varys, but also Varys is a caring person :-) Or, perhaps Ser Jorah Mormont cause he is watchin' this board every night.
Emily - Meera...powerful, exotic, mysterious
Kay Arne - Syrio, cause he is phiosopical and fights well :-)
Kevin - Bran
GreenGerg - Benjen
Revanshe - Mirri - closest to a doctor
Claidhaim - Ser Barriston
Kristen - Margery
Sphinx
User ID: 0638514
Nov 11th 1:48 PM
Min, I couldn't agree more with yours. They are so spot on (and yours, Malice).

plus:

DarthDarth: Syrio
Kevin - Maester Luewen
Padraig - Davos

A slight slant is who people would want to be. I'd go for Daenerys or Jon, obvious as they may be.

Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Nov 11th 2:12 PM
Whoooo, Ser Barristan huh? I'm flattered.

My list:

Kay-Arne: Illyrio
Min: Asha
Ser Gary: Ser Dontos (for drooling over Sansa :o))
Jeff: Brynden Tully
Labor: Davos
Ran: Petyr Baelish
Emily: Brienne of Tarth
LindaElane: Ashara Dayne (if she were only alive :o))
Keri: Shae
Fourth: Marillion the Bard
Greengerg: Jorah Mormont
Revanshe: Nymeria

I'll add more later.....
labor
User ID: 8479113
Nov 11th 2:20 PM

He-he. Kind of you to notice me, Claidham. I was somewhat wounded by being so steadfastly ignored. Of course Davos is regarded as rather dull by the majority on the "Dragonsworn" board... Anyway, the catch is, I am female, so he isn really, um, appropriate. Thanks for trying, though!
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Nov 11th 2:23 PM
Oops!
Ran
Nov 11th 2:28 PM
I'm Littlefinger? I mean, yeah, my fiancee calls me that, but surely for different reasons that aren't apparent on the bo....

Oops. I rambled again. Sorry. ;P ;)
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Nov 11th 2:29 PM
Spinx...I have just realized that you and I almost seem to take turns being active on the board. I have not run into you in any topics recently. Well, that is by way of an apology for not giving you a character. Its actually quite positive that people do not care if they are cast as a male or female. I've voted for a Jon, but I will be happy to vote for you as Dany. I could not think of any women on the board who would work as Dany anyway.

Padraig, how could I have left you off?? I vote for you as the bard Marillion, but a brave version of him. I had to make you someone who was wonderful with language, you see.

Cladhaim, I loooovvvee the Ashara Dayne idea. My eyes are green though, not violet, but it would be cool to have violet eyes.

Jeff, I meant Jeor Mormont for an alternate choice for you.

DarthDarth, I don't know you well enough. Perhaps we shall become better aquainted. Perhaps you would like to be Qhorin so you can dress all in black and fight rebels like your namesake?
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Nov 11th 3:21 PM
Hmm. Ned, Varys, and Brynden Tully. I guess two out of three ain't bad.

Here goes, with apologies to any I omit:

Kay-Arne -- Tyrion. Min was dead on with that one.
Markus -- Varys. The one that knows all.
Ran -- Littlefinger, if only in honor of the GUCS.
Min -- Tough one here. Not ruthless enough to be Asha or Cersei. How about -- Lyanna?
Emily -- Melisandre.
LindaElane -- Catelyn.
Audrey -- Sansa. Maybe a bit of Arya because of the great fight she put up over the manuscript.
labor -- wow, never knew you were female! You've certainly argued in favor of peace before, so maybe Catelyn.
Claidhaim -- Quorin Halfhand?
Ser Gary -- Very tough. Barristan is a good choice, maybe a bit of Jon
Dirjj -- Though he's been absent for a while, maybe Edmure.
Kevin -- Ned, though Luwin is pretty good too.
Revanshe -- Danys, the absent sovereign.
Fourthman -- Tywin.
Kristin -- Myrcella
Ser Benjen -- Beric Dondarrion

I'm sure I've omitted folks but I gotta go. My last one though, is -- Flayed Man! Many options here. I say Gregor.

Moreta
User ID: 9565813
Nov 11th 11:29 PM
I'm Dany? Hmm, I like that. Min, I'm putting you in for Asha. Strong character with a lasting impression. Ser Gary, my faithful knight, I nominate you for Ser Barristan Selmy :)
Kristin
Nov 12th 1:16 AM
Good Lord. Jeff, I think I'd rather be Margaery (granted, I'd have to marry Joffrey, but at least Margaery isn't a product of incest....).
Relic
User ID: 8980403
Nov 12th 1:22 AM
Ran - the creator
Min - from what ive seen a total Arya
Ser Gary - Jon
Fourth - Tyrion
Revanshe - im going with Danys as well
umm i dont know anyone else. Oh yeah:
me - Yoren the unbathed.
Jaeger
User ID: 7378223
Nov 12th 3:28 AM
I've gotta agree Claids list, and for a little ego
centrism throwing out who I relate best with:

Well, either moon-boy or Jalabhar Xho(Hey, I wonder if we will ever hear more of him). Because I'm here in the thick of it but rarely speak up/take the stage.
Min
Nov 12th 4:34 AM
great suggestions, guys! I _knew_ this would be fun! :-)))

Kristin, I'd say Margaery - if she turns out to be as clever as I think she is. :-)

LindaElane, I indeed thought of Cat's basic character, not of the fact that she hates Jon. Her faithfulness and steadyness were what made me think of you. :-)

Ser Benjen - well, Benjen Stark, of course.
Markus is Tywin. :-)
Sphinx, you'd make a good Jon.
And Greengerg as Jorah is great :-)

labor: FEMALE??? I _always_ thought of you as male... strange. Welcome in the small group of female ASoIaF-readers ;-). That makes you another possible finacee for Kevin, I suppose :-)

Jeff, the remark about FM was mean... Gregor is a nice suggestion, though. :-)
And... Lyanna? Wow. I'm honoured. I am honoured by Arya and Asha, too, but this one was... unexpected. Thank you. :-)
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Nov 12th 8:22 AM
Kristin, I'm sorry! I actually meant Margaery but screwed up and said Myrcella. Margaery it was supposed to be and Margaery it is.

Min, what was mean about my Flayed Man comment? All I said was:

"I'm sure I've omitted folks but I gotta go. My last one though, is -- Flayed Man! Many options here. I say Gregor."

I also considered Robert Baratheon but thought Gregor was better. As for the Lyanna thing, it just seemed to be the right fit for me. Since you've got me as Ned, maybe its just the romantic but impulsive younger sister thing. :-)
Min
Nov 12th 9:06 AM
sweet Jeff with his salty, cleft tongue ;-)
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages