This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / We're all gonna die!

Transmetallix
User ID: 1181464
Dec 17th 12:48 PM
Goodbye everybody. As we all know, the entire world will explode on New Year's Eve. I encourage you all to live the short time we have left as best you can. I plan on dying alone all cold and frightened, how 'bout you guys?
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Dec 17th 3:10 PM
If I could go the Tyrion way;
fat, drunk and with a maiden's mouth around my bejeepers, I guess I wouldn't mind the end of the world so much. :o)
Relic
User ID: 9899833
Dec 17th 7:42 PM
Hehe Kah. Woe the girl with her mouth around you cock though, not a pretty way to go =)
Dirjj
User ID: 0094674
Dec 17th 11:12 PM
Hee Hee, yeah, I bet that's not the way she wanted to go out.

ab
Min
User ID: 9433023
Dec 18th 2:59 AM
I suppose it'd be a hard way to utter "Happy New Year" that way. LOL
cgob
User ID: 0053014
Dec 18th 4:05 PM
min-you're a riot! LOL. I envision it now-"uggh slurp 'happ-ugh-slurp-ee new-gag-ugh-slurp-year" heehee.LOL

Myself, if the world does end, I'll be relaxing at my house shotgun in hand, drink in the other, joint and cigarrette in the ashtray, family close by, and trying to decide what religious take I'll need to take if need be.

Relic
User ID: 9899833
Dec 18th 5:10 PM
Hehe, cgob, good plan. Imagine if Jesus Christ really DID come down from the heavens. Haha, that would be ironic.
Min
User ID: 1446254
Dec 20th 1:08 AM

well, yes, cgob, the linguistical means would be somewhat limited, I suppose. :-)

If the world would end, I would like to be with all my friends. Unlikely, as some of them are among you people here, and you are rather far away, but still. For me, chosen family (which means friends) always went before blood family.

Perhaps because I never had a real family. My mother is very important to me, but she is chosen family, too: A friend. The bonds between friends are stronger than those between family and siblings, except when you choose your siblings to be your best friends, too.

Anyway: The world will not end this new years eve. Not yet.

Mike H.
User ID: 8290473
Dec 20th 10:31 AM
KAH -

If you go that way I guess you really *will* be seeing God on New Year's Eve. ;-)

As for me - well I will be reveling in all sorts of Bacchanalia down in Las Vegas that night.

It should prove to be interesting at the very least...
cgob
Dec 20th 5:09 PM
cool. New Years in Vegas. Wish I was going to be there. I bet it'd be better than Times Square. Unless the shit really goes down and we all all reduced back to tribal days where the strongest dominate and women are back in their proper roles as posessions.
cgob
Dec 20th 5:14 PM
That was a joke albeit a tasteless one. I firmly believe in women's rights.
Min
User ID: 1446254
Dec 21st 2:41 AM
I never doubted that one single instant. :-)
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Dec 21st 8:15 AM
A joke? Damn.
Sphinx
User ID: 8882983
Jan 6th 3:18 PM
*opens eyes, uncurls from foetal position, blinks, looks around*

"Hey, everyone, we're not dead!"

:-)

BTW, has anyone heard/seen the comedy sketch by Rowan Atkinson about all the souls being judged after the apocalypse? "Atheists over here... don't you feel silly now?" - It's a riot.

Anyone any ideas what song they'd like to be playing as the world ended? Apart from obvious one's such as REM's "Its The End of the World (And I Feel Fine)", I'd probably go for Pink Floyd's Great Gig In The Sky, really really loud. (either that, Carmina Burana or Beethoven's 9th a la Clckwork Orange) Or, for a more mellow coda, something by Dead Can Dance.
Transmetallix
User ID: 0645514
Jan 6th 7:36 PM
Interesting question Sphinx. I would have to go with Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Lovestruck." And is anybody else surprised that we're still alive?! What am I gonna do with all the Spam and water and ammunition I've been hording for Y2K? Any suggestions?
LindaElane
User ID: 0276214
Jan 6th 7:55 PM
End of the world songs? I like "Dust in the Wind". Theres also "In the Year 2525" And of course there is always "Eve of Destruction".
Sphinx
User ID: 8882983
Jan 8th 12:19 PM
Eve of Destruction would be class if it was Martians doing the destroying.

Can't believe I forgot 'The End' by The Doors, and not just because of the title.