This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Happy New Year

Relic
User ID: 0714654
Dec 31st 4:42 AM
I wish everyone the best in the future. These past 365 days have been fun =. Thanks all the hours brooding over your intelligent posts.
Min
User ID: 7907793
Dec 31st 5:38 AM
And to you, too.

Tonight, I will think of my friends, the ones I gathered this year. Yes, that's _you_. :-)

I am grateful for support and challenge, for dreams and sorrows shared, and I will reach out for you. If you feel a soft brushing against your mind - well, that will be me.
Padraig
User ID: 3118454
Dec 31st 8:27 AM
Let me just add my best wishes for the next year.
Its been great fun talking to you all for the last year.

And I hope this board suvives Y2K.
Dirjj
User ID: 1954724
Dec 31st 2:40 PM
Hey!!! doesn't anyone want to say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to me?

ab
Kristin
User ID: 0603144
Dec 31st 11:47 PM
Happy Birthday to Dirjj! Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone else (well, Dirjj can have a happy new year and best wishes too I guess). It's not even midnight in Tucson yet, but that's okay. :)
Kristin
Dec 31st 11:48 PM
Oh my gosh. Can I post again in twelve minutes, just so I can make a post on Jan 1st?
Kristin
Jan 1st 0:03 AM
::crosses fingers and posts::
Relic
User ID: 0714654
Jan 1st 3:16 AM
Yess!
Padraig
User ID: 3118454
Jan 1st 8:44 AM
Hope everyone made it across the New Year okay. Nothing seems to have changed here.

And Dirjj, i'm sure we can at least manage to sing "Happy Birthday". Even a day late.
Dijj
User ID: 1954724
Jan 2nd 1:12 AM
Ex-birthday boy checking in. Yup, I still have my fingers, toes, eyes, and teeth. Looks like I made it through in 1 piece. I'm very tired, but I had to check out the board to see who survived. Festivities weren't as grand for me as I had hoped, but things somewhat worked with me and this female I'd been pursuing for several months, so all in all, Yestereeve was a success!!!

ab
Kevin
User ID: 0053014
Jan 3rd 2:01 PM
Hey all. That was the biggest non-event of the last 100 years or so.

The Y2K bug was for the most part exterminated. Goes to show what you can accomplish when you apply a concerted effort to a problem.

Kudos to myself and all other programmers that worked on the Y2K bug.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Jan 3rd 2:39 PM
Don't dislocate your arm patting yourself on the back, Kevin. :-)

Actually, I had complete faith in you guys. My view always has been that whatever was really important would get done because humanity in general -- and you programming guys in particular -- is too smart to let us get nailed.
Min
Jan 3rd 3:02 PM
Nicely stated, Jeff. I couldn't have said it better (and that is not the case with 99% of your other posts, where I could have... err, I just thought I'd save some of the old vinegar humour between us for the new millenium, just to show some thing will not change...) Anyway, congrats, Kevin. I never joined the hysteria anyway, but that should not lessen your merits. :-)

I am late, Dirjj, but I wish you a happy birthday nonetheless. Glad you had fun with your girl. Finally. It looks at if it took some efforts. American women can be so... cumbersome in... certain matters. ;-)

Whew, good to see y'all back in. *Hugs the first one standing beside her. As a matter of unlucky fact, it happens to be Jeff*
Jeff
Jan 3rd 3:39 PM
Lucky for me, though, as Min is rumored to have a nice rack. :-).
Kevin
User ID: 0053014
Jan 3rd 5:44 PM
Minor sprain at the elbo... nothing serious.

Should I tell your wife about you checking out Min's um 'rack'?
Ser Gary
User ID: 9328513
Jan 4th 7:11 AM
I've been away for a bit on vacation. I too wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.
Jeff
Jan 4th 11:11 AM
Wait a minute. I've never seen Min's rack and am only basing my comment on something she said about a guy making a comment about her rack. I think I made a rather cutting remark referencing that at some point so I'm just being nice now.

Anyway, I'm a guy and if some girl with a nice rack wants to give me a friendly hug, who am I to object?

You know, we men are pigs.
Min
User ID: 9913923
Jan 4th 11:24 AM
That was one of the 99 in hundred cases, Jeffy. :-) Thanks for trying to be friendly. Do you think we could go over to discuss other than my physical dispostions (and, please, Jeff, could you spare me some word-play with "dispositions"? Everything's where it should be, before you even think of asking...)

Oh, me are sooo much fun LOL.
Min
Jan 5th 1:22 PM
I meant "men" in my previous post, not "me". Was this a freudian slip of the tongue? I should re-read the posts before launching them, but I am too impatient for this. :-)
Jeff
Jan 5th 4:34 PM
"Trying" to be friendly? Oh well. If I didn't make piggish comments once in a while, you might think I was an imposter. I was just trying to spice things up so we didn't all get in some kind of gooey love fest about how wonderful each other are. Given the drift of the topic from the time I made my "rack" post, I appear to have succeeded.
:-)