This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / On A Personal Note V

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Min
User ID: 0074284
Jan 23rd 7:13 AM
A thread for all the off-topic chat we came to find that entertaining. :-) Have fun playing.
Min
Jan 23rd 7:14 AM
Discussing Fahrenheit and Celsius:

There's a very convenient page to calculate Fahrenheit to Celsius:
http://www.florida.de/Leben/Temperatur.htm
and it says -13,8�C. Now that I have revealed that I cannot do it myself, I can rely on that and blame _them_ if it's wrong. :-)
Nenz
User ID: 9182423
Jan 23rd 2:12 PM
Here is the approximation to convert temperatures.
Celsius to Farenheit:
multiply by 9/5 then add 32.
Farenheit to Cesius:
subtract 32 then multiply by 5/9.

So 7�F converts to (7-32)*5/9 = -13.89�C
Min
Jan 23rd 4:10 PM
Hi Nenz, haven't heard from you in a while. And hey, I was RIGHT. I looove that. LOL.
Min
Jan 23rd 4:12 PM
Do you know white nights? Well, I suppose you do, but I mean one of those when you know from the start that you will not be able to sleep.

It can be good as soon as you accept it, and accept the fact of an exhausting day tomorrow as worthy prize for a journey into the abysses of your own soul. A good night to you - and to me. :-)
Min
Jan 23rd 4:13 PM
it would be better, though, if I hadn't shootings tomorrow and to get up at 6am. *sigh*. Oh well. One can not have everything, I was told. ;-)
Min
Jan 23rd 7:03 PM
And a last note before I shut my computer down. There are stars up there, and I'll tell them your names.
Kristin
User ID: 0603144
Jan 23rd 8:18 PM
White nights, oh yes--I had a particularly trying one the night before I started my new job. I was very nervous, and it took me forever to fall asleep--and once I did fall asleep, at about 2a.m., I woke up about every hour because I was having some impressive anxiety dreams--walking into the new job stark naked, etc.

What about those nights when you're either nervous or excited about something that's going to happen the next morning, and you wake up every fifteen minutes or so thinking "Oh no! I'm late! Wait, it's three in the morning. I can sleep" and then do the same thing twenty minutes later.....
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Jan 24th 1:25 AM
Check out www.aint-it-cool-news.com
They've just come out with pictures of almost all the actors in the X-Men movie in full X-men gear. Sabretooth and Mystique look great.
Dirjj
User ID: 1954724
Jan 29th 1:24 AM
Tripp out. I just saw that LFO video GIRL ON TV for the first time right now. I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt, and everytime I heard the song, I thought of her. Well, she's the girl they sing about in the video!!! Is that a tripp or what?

ab
Shagga
User ID: 9022063
Feb 2nd 1:13 AM
might i just say that cheescake is still the bomb

oh excuse my poor use of language...what i meant to say was

da bomb
Still Smitten
User ID: 0289604
Feb 2nd 5:00 AM
Shagga, are you a Frank Herbert fan? 'da bomb' is a rather poor anagram for Muad'dib... Actually, it's a terrible anagram for Muad'dib. Maybe you should consider trying that again.
Maeglin
User ID: 0707654
Feb 2nd 5:05 AM
How old are you, da bomb means the best, the sikkest
Kevin
User ID: 0053014
Feb 2nd 8:44 PM
NEWS FLASH!

We found out right before the vaction that we are having a boy. This will be our 3rd boy and the teenage years are going to be hell but I digress. His name will be Zachary Thomas. His due date is sometime in June.
Zer0
User ID: 1432154
Feb 2nd 8:57 PM
WOW!!! Many congrads to you, Kevin! Three kids! Kids scare me...but maybe that has something to do with the fact that i help out with my school's Young Parents Program. I could tell you stories...
Min
Feb 3rd 5:37 AM
Great, Kevin! It looks as if yours and Jeff's little ones might come together - now that would be fun, wouldn't it? :-)
Ser Gary
User ID: 1523284
Feb 3rd 7:32 AM
Congratulations, Kevin. That's terrific.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Feb 3rd 9:03 AM
Congrats Kevin! My little guy is due on June 1. We're still struggling over names. A recent nominee that has a chance is Duncan -- someone mentioned it at a Super Bowl party and I liked it. My daughter already is insisting that the baby be named Alex so I think Alexander is pretty set at least as the middle name. Maybe Duncan Alexander -- I'm part Scottish so I suppose we could do worse than naming him after two Scottish kings.
Alex
User ID: 9892733
Feb 3rd 9:12 AM
Congratulations, Kevin!

Jeff, I like Alexander too. My son's name is Mark Alexander.
Aerian
User ID: 1557854
Feb 3rd 12:27 PM
And could it be that wee Duncan, will be called Dunk?
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages