This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / FEVRE DREAM screenplay/movie

Terry
User ID: 0909594
May 14th 4:45 PM
So, George is back to work on the Fevre Dream screenplay. Could make an interesting movie. I've been pushing for Ralph Fiennes as his Joshua York character and -- Brian Blessed as Abner Marsh. Abner really is the main character and an extremely difficult one to cast. Any thoughts?
Omer
User ID: 9014973
May 18th 11:59 AM
GrrM as Marsh?
Terry
User ID: 0896204
May 18th 2:02 PM
Now THERE'S an idea
Alexaendra
User ID: 1509104
Sep 8th 7:33 PM
I don't know about Raplh Fiennes...his hair is too dark, I mean you *could* dye it or wear a wig, but I think Christian van Dien (I think that's his name) would be great. He played Brom Bones in Sleepy Hollow. GRRM as Marsh would be great, I mean, he's EXACTLY like I pictured Abner Marsh.

BTW, If he's back at work on a screenplay for that, how long will it take to get the rest of ASoIaF out? I think there will be a 5 year _Publishing_ gap, between SoS and ADwD, LOL!

Alexaendra
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0303694
Sep 8th 9:19 PM
It should only take a few months out of his time at the most I would think. He's written for TV so no more than three months, I would think.