This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Roll call

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Swithin
User ID: 0289604
Feb 26th 6:09 AM
Well, I know I wasn't here from the start, and so I missed out on some regular posters from the past, but still, I miss some names I haven't seen recently. Just want to check who is still here, and who has just arrived, who wishes to post regularly.

C'mon guys, everybody, just a line to know that you're here.
Kristin
User ID: 9885643
Feb 26th 8:36 AM
::waves:: I'm still here. I've been reading lots, but barely posting anything--due to a new job, getting ready for my parents to visit, and packing up the apartment to move to a new one, I haven't had the mental capacity to post about anything significant.

All of my books are in boxes, and I don't know what to do with my free time! Fortunately, I get to start moving in an hour or so, and then they'll be free.
Ser Benjen
User ID: 0240854
Feb 26th 10:39 AM
I never really left. I check in once a day usually. To see if there is news or anything I can add to the discussions.

I guess that means I'm mostly lurking at the moment.
Ser Gary
User ID: 1502094
Feb 26th 10:52 AM
The Ser's all seem to be here, 'cause I am too. Good idea, Swithin.
Generic Eric
User ID: 8339223
Feb 26th 11:21 AM
I'm relatively new--been readin' and postin' for about 3 weeks.
Bill Hall
User ID: 8562343
Feb 26th 1:33 PM
Like Ser Benjen, I mostly lurk, but I've been here since the old Dragonstone board. I can probably claim the title of eldest - I'm almost old enough to be GRRM's father.

I imagine the board will get a lot more active after we've all read ASOS. Some of us (not me) are currently constrained by having read the first four chapters of the new book. They must bite their tongues when the rest of us post bad guesses about the direction the story will take.

I especially like the way these discussions have broadened to include issues of moment and merriment unrelated to ASoIaF. We seem to have a group that can tolerate, and actively debate, a wide diversity of views - with both intelligence and respect.
Sphinx
User ID: 8882983
Feb 26th 4:35 PM
Well said, Bill. I'm here - to be honest, it's so long since i read the first two that I don't remember things well enough to post anywhere but in 'Other Topics'. I'll re-read them before ASOS, though.
Min
User ID: 0074284
Feb 27th 6:18 AM
Oh YES. :-)))
You're great, swithin.
Relic
User ID: 9328513
Feb 27th 6:27 AM
Very interesting Smitten. Consider me posted =).
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Feb 27th 8:15 AM
Present in spirit if not in body. ;)
Malice
User ID: 9279843
Feb 27th 12:29 PM
I'm here. I lurk more than I post. I doubt anyone remembers me...but I'm here. <g>
Jeff
User ID: 8813033
Feb 27th 12:35 PM
I post, therefore I am.
Tom R.
User ID: 3647314
Feb 27th 2:39 PM
As an immigrant and refugee from the now defunct Dragonsworn Board, I'm finding I like this board more and more. (The fact that it actually WORKS is a big plus.) Though I haven't really ventured beyond "Other Topics" and "Announcements" yet, that will probably change once ASOS is published. Maybe then I'll start being as talkative (and annoying) as I was on the other board. (Uh oh...)
Aerian
User ID: 1557854
Feb 27th 3:28 PM
I'm here classes permitting, as to posting, occaisionally, I venture to have an opinion.
Tristram
User ID: 9865253
Feb 27th 3:40 PM
Count me in, Swithin. I'm a new fan to GRRM's ASoIaF and this is my second post to the board. Have to say that you've all got great insight into the layers of this wonderful story. Actually there is so much posted here on the first two books and "Hedge Knight", that I wonder if there's anything left for me to contribute, LOL.

Ahh, my sweet Isoud, La Beale...
Padraig
User ID: 1641184
Feb 27th 3:47 PM
I don't expect i'll be going anywhere for the next while. Expecially since now I am intrigued. Its lucky i'm getting used to waiting;)
Shagga
User ID: 9022063
Feb 28th 0:26 AM
Luke, i am your father.

and im also raising my hand and calling out HERE!
Maeglin
User ID: 0707654
Feb 28th 0:36 AM
Present
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Feb 28th 1:54 AM
I'm not here anymore. No, wait. I am.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Feb 28th 4:18 AM
KAH here, at yer soyvice. :P