This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Gift of Women

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Mar 19th 3:13 PM
Well, here we discuss why women are so great. To talk about and admire their differences, instead of criticizing them (like so many comedians do). Although I have to admit I didn't always think so. In fact, earlier in my life I was quite baffled by the female persuasion. But as time went on, I now realize what a gift from God them dames are. To start us off, I'd like to say how nice women smell. They always smell fresh and clean and rosey. Aaaahh, God bless 'em.
Min
User ID: 0074284
Mar 19th 3:34 PM
rotfl :-)
Dirjj
User ID: 1954724
Mar 19th 7:33 PM
Yes, on the floor is good. Elsewhere works fine too. Top, bottom, side to side. They're damn good cooks too, not chefs, but cooks.

ab
Relic
User ID: 9308123
Mar 19th 8:31 PM
Nothing better than fiding that one perfect girl. You know the one, she doenst steal your covers at night, when sleeping together (and i mean sleeping) your bodies meld into each other, cand your omforted by her presence. She laughs at your stupid jokes and seems to genuinley like you even when you dont.

You know youll have found something when youd rather spend time with her then playing basketball or video games with your friends. And she feels the same about you.
Min
Mar 19th 11:35 PM
Very sweet. But you know, that's the same for men. So, tell me something that's really special (especially good) about women. Suppose you won't find anything. ;-)
Shagga
User ID: 9022063
Mar 20th 0:27 AM
Because you can see forever in their eyes, as well also a profoundly dumb look.
Kevin
User ID: 0136334
Mar 20th 1:26 AM
Don't know bout women in general but my wife has a way of looking at life that is a true blessing to my life. It is an outlook, an attitude, a perspective that I'm honored to share even a small portion of. It is empathy, emotion, strength and courage all rolled into one. It is nonconfrontational, comforting, and tender.
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Mar 20th 1:32 AM
I'm sorry Min, what does rotfl mean?

Well, I tend to be a more of an eros guy than a romantic. So the whole melding body thing is out for me. I love the soft little moaning noises women make when you kiss their neck. Oooooooh, yes.
Swithin
User ID: 0289604
Mar 20th 2:11 AM
Min
Mar 20th 3:01 AM
SP: Rolling On The Floor Laughing, it means. :-)
Min
Mar 20th 3:03 AM
swith, I hope it was not on purpose that your post was empty... hope it's not _that_ bad, I mean. If I heard someone talk good about women on this board, it has been you.
Min
Mar 20th 3:18 AM
Kevin, that was beautiful and you persuaded me to get serious. May I talk about the gift of men, too? know more about that. :-)
To be _very_ honest, I always preferred men to women. Not sexually, I mean, err, that, too, but I did not mean this context, here (leave the joke out, Jeff and Kay - I know I left myself wide open for it :-)). I mean as friends, too.
Of course I am not speaking in general - I know wonderful women, great women, of course.

But I found that women are often toying with men, much more often than vice versa (just based on my and my friends' personal experiences). I often found women to be masters of manipulation, and using it freely. And I often found women much more into intrigue and jealousy (both concerning "their" men _and_ any other friend- and relationships. That's why I always had more male than female friends. I just got along with them better. They often seemed more straightforward to me.

Please, do not mistake this for a generalisation. It is, of course, not.

Another reason why the majority of my friends has been male is the humour. For some reason, I seem to have kindofa "male" humour. I like pitch black sarcasm, and I love slippery jokes. :-) I cannot understand why some women get unnerved by certain things. Their men looking at other women, for example. When I go out with my boyfriend, and I see a beautiful woman, I show her to him. It's fun. When we're driving in my car, I would say things like: "Hey, nice legs and short skirt to the right". I never got the point why some women hate it when their men flirt a bit. Flirting is fun. Watching is fun, too. I like to look at a beautiful man, so why should my boyfriend not look at a beautiful woman? I do not want him to have sex with her, but why should he?

Well, some contra-women stuff, just so that you can disagree. ;-)) You know I love that devil's advocate thing. :-)
And, btw: Men can make soft little noises when you kiss their neck, too. :-)
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Mar 20th 4:21 AM
Soft little noises?

What, are they breaking wind?
Min
Mar 20th 4:48 AM
Well, it's at least interesting to know what _you're_ doing when a girl kisses you...
Swithin
Mar 20th 5:37 AM
As of an hour ago, everything's *great*. No sarcasm, just spent from the day.

Min: (leave the joke out, Jeff and Kay - I know I left myself wide open for it :-)).

Swithin: (aside) Hmm, how can I resist? She's looking the other way, and has more to parody in her pleas for mercy than in her actual post... (returning to center stage) Don't worry Min, I doubt either Jeff or Kay could even get the joke up, even if you *did* leave yourself wide open for it...

Okay, so I feel a little naughty tonight. I've managed to insult three of my favorite people, too... not a bad night, really.
Min
Mar 20th 6:36 AM
well, not bad for a start. But you have to do some homework on insulting before you can even think of playing in the same league as my favorite enemy Jeff and I do.
;-)
How was that for an insult?
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Mar 20th 8:10 AM
Min, ever notice how both women and men always check out the woman first?

Let's say a guy is walking with wife or girlfriend and they pass another female. The other woman will give the guy a glance and then look far more closely at the woman, giving her the "up and down" with one of those competitive looks that only a woman can give. "So how did you get him?" It's quite bizarre. It was a woman that actually pointed this out to me the first time and damn if she wasn't right. The funny thing is that, for guys, you become much more desirable if you already are with a woman. The same "other woman" might not even give you a glance if you were alone. You women are very strange.

Very different from us guys. Personally, I agree with Min that guys are _generally_ more fun to be around. First, we'll freely insult each other in ways that would make women mortal enemies. The rule for guys is that any insult is okay as long as its funny. Last week, a friend of mine told me he was on a diet. I told him that it didn't seem to be working very well. If he was woman, I'd have a mortal enemy. He was a guy, so he punched me and laughed. We also do stupid things just because we know it will make a good story someday. We're far more forgiving of our friends and I think we tend to be more loyal to them.

But women are wonderful. They can take a whole bunch of things I can't even identify and turn a bare room into something homely. They can look at you like they know every single thing about you and love you nevertheless. They're soft, they smell great, and they know just how to let those few pieces of hair fall over their face in just the right way. They don't forget birthdays, anniversaries, or other special occasions, and always send you cards that say exactly the right thing.

And, other than Min and a few others, most of them don't have hair on their back, ears, butt, or chest. :-)

Min
Mar 20th 8:57 AM
Any insult is fine if it's just funny? Well, that's what we're doing all the time here. :-)

Suppose you're right about the looking thing. But I must admid I look at a woman for the same reason I look at a man: Because I think she's beautiful (in some way - or place ;-)-), and mostly not because I want to compare. I like looking at a beautiful woman' body as well as at a man's. That's another thing I found to be a big difference between men and women (and, for once, the advantage is on our side here). I know many woman who can see and admire and enjoy a beautiful female body. I know (apart from gay friends of mine, of course) only very few men who can do this concerning another male).

But well, when I see, let's say, a couple, and both are really very goodlooking... then I look at the man first. For as long as his girlfriend lets me. ;-)
Swithin
Mar 21st 4:03 AM
Min, I think the trouble is that men cannot hold beauty to the capacity that women can. Beauty is not always proportion, or concision of form, or a stereotype. Beauty is when physical appearance hints at depths, and when appearance and character do not clash concerning this point. The male ideal is a shallow one, simple; little dependence upon emotion, yet strong convictions and industry. To a degree, this is cultural, but it's also ingrained.

Women, OTOH, can have great strength and industry, but also have a much deeper appreciation and understanding of the aesthetic of life. Depending upon her nature, each woman has various areas of great sensitivity and of ignorance, and these shape her character. On average, I'd see most women are much deeper than most men (no jokes please.) Until you know each, you cannot say much about her nature... but her appearance gives hints (especially hands, eyes, and feet,) that immediately perk your interest, more than most men could hope to. And then, there is also sex. _Everything_ works out to make women *wickedly appealing* to guys. Being with them is like Halloween, man. Women kick ass.
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Mar 21st 9:38 AM
Min, you've identified one difference for sure. I really don't appreciate the "beauty" of the male form. I think we're pretty ugly, actually. Women's forms are so much more appealing. Don't know what you see in us, frankly, but I'm glad you seem to see something. :-)

Swithin, with respect, I'll disagree. I don't think that women are any "deeper" than men -- they're just more willing to reveal that "deepness" to others.

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages