This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / swedish girls

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
sparhawk
User ID: 0436494
May 11th 3:34 PM
are swedish girls really hot, or is it just some myth we're meant to believe?
Son of Hot Pie!!!
User ID: 0276214
May 11th 3:59 PM
Myth!!! There are beautiful model babes
everywhere . . . everywhere . . . the sky is
open, my boy!!!
Swithin
User ID: 8792653
May 11th 5:29 PM
The bizarre thing is this... all the Swedish tourists I've seen in Greece are exceptionally, um, pretty, but all my friends who've gone to Sweden say that the women there aren't too great.

I think SoHP is right.
sparhawk
May 12th 5:16 AM
what about norwegian chicks, kah? i bet they don't hold a candle to their swedish counterparts.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
May 12th 11:56 AM
I suppose that depends on what you're looking for...

I think that Scandinavian women being so much more beautiful than women elsewhere in the world, is overrating it, certainly. They range from the butt-ugly to the startingly beautiful here, as most other places, I'd imagine.
sparhawk
May 12th 12:07 PM
i'll tell you what i'm looking for;
tall, slim, large mammaries and a tight ass.
i'm not picky, i don't care if its black haired or blonde.
KAH
May 12th 12:14 PM
Oh, I'm sure you could find someone to your liking...
Son of Hot Pie!!!
May 12th 1:07 PM
Come to LA then, Sparhawk. Lots of implanted
women there for you. You bring the class, money
and wits, and they'll bring the beauty.

Carmen electra is waiting for you!!! :)

Remember, THE SEED IS STRONG!!!
Swithin
User ID: 1460434
May 13th 3:25 AM
I'm abstaining from this point onwards.
Jeff
User ID: 8813033
May 13th 7:45 AM
Sparhawk's got to bring class, money _and_ wits? Oh well, guess he'll have to try somewhere else?
LindaElane
May 13th 11:22 PM
Heh, you guys crack me up :-)

I watched Ms Universe last night, for the first time since I was 8. I thought I might see what every guy's dream was.

The swimsuit competition included..ummm...the bodily parts previously mentioned, most often in the proportions mentioned. I thought it was very, very cool that guys have caught on that a tiny rear and large mammaries means implants. I am not saying there is something wrong with that. I am just saying that in 9999 cases out of 1000, thats what it is.

I was pleased about the winner of Ms Universe, btw. She had...umm...mammaries of the smaller sort, so perhaps natural. She was also a very intelligent woman. The two (other) native english speakers did not come off nearly as intelligent in the interview. I will not make a conclusion regarding the intelligence of the two (native) spanish speakers even since I speak Latin American Spanish and could not follow everything Ms Spain said, and Ms Venezuela did not come off well in English but certainly deserves credit for trying. I have been in India and am fairly certain Ms India is a native English speaker. English is an official language there and many millions of people there (and I don't mean Anglos) grow up speaking English in their homes.

Ah well, leave it to a woman to let a discussion of beautiful women turn into a discussion of language. I'll butt out now.
Swithin
User ID: 1460434
May 14th 5:19 AM
LindaElane, a woman who leads a conversation of beauty into languages *is* a beautiful woman.

btw 9999 out of 1000 is just about right...
KAH
May 14th 7:53 AM
The intelligence thing in the Ms Universe contests is rather non-sensical, IMHO.
I mean, come on, proving that you have a brain in the course of sixty seconds? What's that all about?

Well, you _can_ show that you have a good command over more than one language, but that's about it.

Not that I have anything against beauty contests, but they could have lost that part without losing anything essential during the show.
Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 14th 8:02 AM
Hey, what about that Eurovision contest? ;)
KAH
May 14th 8:12 AM
I incidentally had the misfortune to zap over to it for a moment, just in time to listen to that Macedonian tune.
That must be one of the sourest performances I've ever heard.
Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 14th 8:14 AM
Heh. Some crazy Swede gave them five of five in a pre-show rating of the competitors. It took me a minute before I realized those scantily-clad girls were singing in _English_. Ugh. ;)
KAH
May 14th 11:32 AM
Actually, I think they were singing _both_ in English and Macedonian (or whatever they speak there).

It took me a moment to catch that they had switched to English towards the end, though.

It was so bad that I just listened to the whole song in a sort of stunned fascination. They made Baby Spice sound a True Artist in comparison!

I was half-way expecting the audience to keep silent in the same sort of stunned fascination as me, but they were clapping heartily enough.

I wonder who paid them to do so...
sparhawk
May 15th 4:27 AM
nah, the worst thing at the eurovision was that german song, 'hadda dooda daada daa' or something like that. i've never heard such shite in my life. give them a straightforward task like trying to take over europe, and they'll have a good bash at it, but they cannot write music. for god's sake, 'the kelly family' are massive over there.
the bit i particulary liked was whenever russia got 12 points, the russian chick jumped around and was in serious danger of popping out!
anyone ever the eurovision episode of 'father ted?'
Son of Hot Pie!!!
May 15th 3:13 PM
Funny that we have beauty contests and try to downplay the looks part. People can be such
hypocrites.

Even worse . . . *drum roll* . . . WHO WANTS TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE????

Now, before you go off criticizing it, remember that a 1/3 of young female viewers watched it.

What does that say about American society and views of the old my prince will come for me fairy tale?

Or, maybe there's another theory?
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
May 16th 8:23 AM
Cripe, I thought American TV was bad.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages