This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Gift of Men

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Cersai
User ID: 9836983
Mar 21st 4:54 PM
Let's chat about how great men are. Their smell, their balls, yatta, yatta, yatta...
Dirjj
User ID: 6960173
Mar 24th 2:19 PM
Yes, we are good at Sports aren't we.

ab
Trebla
User ID: 0721754
Mar 24th 3:12 PM
First, it's yada, yada, you dunce. Second, face it, you women have us men under your pretty little thumbs. Sex is the ultimate weapon for women. Like a wise man once said "Women like to have sex, men NEED to have sex."
Arend
User ID: 8590713
Mar 24th 3:15 PM
Of course is was a _man_ who made that statement. I'd like to hear the wise woman's reply to that.

Men are great? Since when?
Swithin
User ID: 0289604
Mar 24th 6:31 PM
Men are men. Women are women. I guess it takes one to truly know one, but it takes an opposite to truly appreciate one.
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Mar 25th 0:18 AM
After sex, I hear it's great to have a man wrap his big strong arms around you. Hey, I dunno, just passing that along as something that women told me they like.
Snake
User ID: 1404584
Mar 26th 0:23 AM
It's nice to know we're appreciated. Spank you. Spank you very much.
Swithin
Mar 26th 1:38 AM
Hmm, is *this* the gift of men? Women, I think if men are a gift it's best not to discuss it with us.
Min
User ID: 0074284
Mar 26th 3:43 PM
Just wondering why, since Cersai opened this topic, only men are posting here... :-)
Street Prophet
Mar 27th 1:30 PM
Frankly Min, I don't think women appreciate men as much as they should.
Min
Mar 27th 1:33 PM
oh, pooor guys. So tell me what we got wrong. :-)
Terry
User ID: 8708523
Mar 27th 2:54 PM
Guys, Cersai sent me her picture. YOUCH. And that's a good "youch".
Relic
User ID: 9308123
Mar 27th 5:50 PM
Watch me drool...not. Personality goes aloooong way.
Street Prophets
Mar 28th 0:56 AM
Tell you the truth I like her personality. She makes me giggle.
Min
Mar 28th 2:18 AM
Instead, you begin talking about women again? We've got a topic for that. :-)
Jeff
User ID: 1536664
Mar 28th 9:34 AM
Sure that was Cersai's picture. Sure. Anyone can download a picture off the net and _claim_ its their picture. :-)

I don't think that women have us under their thumbs. If they do, then its only because you've let them. One crazy thing about women is that they will love _trying_ to put you under their thumbs, but will lose interest if they ever get you there.

As for sex, sure its a weapon but it cuts both ways. Women _know_ that men want sex pretty badly, and _some_ women do try to use it as a tool for manipulation or control. The best defense is a good offense, which in this case means disinterest. When you are in a relationship with a woman who uses sex as a tool for control, try turning her down when _she_ is interested or when she "grants" you sex as a "reward" for "good behavior". Now, she knows how men are about sex, so turning her down is really a huge slap in the face. Is there somebody else? Is there something wrong with her? Those thoughts all will run through her head. Might knock down the ego a few steps to where its possible to actually have a relationship without maipulation. In Seinfeld terms, you've now got "hand".

If she asks what the problem is, you can always just tell her the truth: that she seems to use it as a tool for control, "rewarding" you when you're good and "punishing" you by withholding it when you haven't obeyed her. That's degrading, and you don't need it _that_ badly.

Swithin
Mar 28th 3:03 PM
Then again, turn down sex too often and you might be having more "hand" than you'd like, considering that you're in a relationship.
Jeff
Mar 28th 4:15 PM
Well, that's certainly a possibility. Wasn't that the punch line in that Seinfeld episode?

George: You can't leave me, I've got hand.

Girl: And you're gonna need it!

Jeff
Mar 28th 4:18 PM
Hmm. Hit the "submit" button too soon.

I suppose if you're getting "it" that often, then manipulation probably isn't a problem. Women figured out that playing "hard to get" sometimes helps you get more. All I'm saying is that a modified version of that strategy can work pretty well for guys sometimes too.

Zer0hour
User ID: 1432154
Mar 29th 8:25 AM
Hey, I'm with you girls. i believe almost every guy out there has lost their natural sense of chivalry. All men are born with it. If they retain it is another question. "Death before dishonor of a woman," they brought us into this world, it's our job to protect them.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages