This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Other Topics / Potpourri II

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Duke Dirjj
User ID: 9990163
Apr 26th 2:44 PM
Time to start a new one as the last one is full. Battle field weapons are to be Words, to be detemined after further consultation with our lieges.

ab
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Apr 26th 2:50 PM
As Judge, it was my intention to find an agreed upon topic that the two duellists would then debate, so to speak, in a given time period with points awarded for intelligence(some), wit(more), and whether or not I like it (most). Such topics could be such as arguing the best attributes (or worst if you so choose) of the character in the book you would like to duel for you. Characteristics of Tyrion vs. Shae, or Sandor vs. Gregor, Cercie vs. Mance Rayder, etc.

Let me know of any ideas you have.
Min
User ID: 9433023
Apr 26th 3:16 PM
as always, I agree with the true and noble judge. it would be no difficulty at all, I guess, to find topics where I disagree with the so-called Lord of Arrogance. If my squire would accept the terms in my name.
As for you, my most worthy suire Emily: Do not fear. Not only Jeff's insult against me will meet justice - every insult against every Lady on the board will thus be punished. As for your absence: It truely hurts me to think that anyone else than you should be my squire. Could we not make it possible somehow?
Min
Apr 26th 3:17 PM
By the way: I am pretty relieved that the weapons should not be rhymes or some such. I am actually pretty good at rhyming, but in _german_ rhymes, not in english ones... ;-)
Min
Apr 27th 8:18 AM
ooops - perhaps I should not have said that... it is the Commoner who chooses the weapon after all. Anyway, I will accept whatever he chooses!
Jeff
User ID: 8506593
Apr 27th 9:27 AM
every insult against every lady on the board?? Such as. . .? Lest the lady Min forget, this duel was started by my verbal assault upon Ser Gary, not upon a lady. It was only after Min had leapt in to defend the indefensible that she became involved in this conflict.

As for Judge Claidhaim, I accept his selection of the manner of the duel. Personally, however, I would have preferred Claymore mines, .50 caliber machine guns, and a 155 mm howitzers or two. Duke Dirjj may negotiate on my behalf as to the exact rules for the duel.

Emily
User ID: 9070813
Apr 27th 12:10 PM
SUCH AS, 'Dany can't be a good general because she's a woman'. In fact, you'd better HOPE Min and/or Gary slice you into pieces, because when Dany arrives with her dragons, you are in DEEP TROUBLE.
Jeff
Apr 27th 2:59 PM
Emily, I can't believe it. Truly. It was I who defended Danys' right to return to Westeros, and _you_ who hoped that she would not. And I conceded that the remark at Danys was pure baiting. Hmmm. Hook, line, and sinker, I suppose.
Min
Apr 27th 3:34 PM
Unworthy defenses, Commoner!
That man is as good as dead, and he knows it :-)
Jeff
Apr 28th 8:58 AM
My battle words: "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat"
Claidhaim
Apr 28th 9:00 AM
Ahem......Cheating shall not be allowed.
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Apr 28th 9:11 AM
Claidhaim; tell me you're kidding!

Here I promised you half of the winnings of my bet on Min for a little...um..._cooperation_, and you agree, and now you're saying that you're not with me anymore?

You can't trust _anyone_ these days. What's happened to plain old honesty, I ask? Ah, the humanity...

Claidhaim
Apr 28th 9:28 AM
As you know, I am judge. Therefore, I am to decide what is cheating an what is not. (thanks, KAH.....wink wink) definitions can be created, stolen, purchased...did I just say purchased? forget everything I just said. My words stand. Or is it my word stands?
Claidhaim
Apr 28th 9:39 AM
I shall do my utmost to remain impartial. There are no favorites. It shall be an even break all around.
Emily
User ID: 9314413
Apr 28th 12:19 PM
My lady (*swooning with gratitude*) what other nobleperson would condescend to defend their lowly squire? Even if neither of us have anything to fear from a good-as-dead man? It pains me deeply that I cannot be at your side as you dismember the Commoner, but truly there is no way it can be, unless the duel is held this Thursday/Friday, or after 10 May.
Min
Apr 28th 12:47 PM
AS my squire requests it, I would be willing to wait for her so that she can participate in the duel and see justice done - I know you hunger for it, my squire ;-)
And I guess the Commoner is not too eager to be smashed, too.

My Lord Kay Of The Quick Wit, do you need any more donations for the Circus Revanshimus ;-) ?
KAH
Apr 28th 1:31 PM
Due to some unaccounted for disappearance of the needed twenty thousand golden dragons, the workings on the Circus has been halted.

Accompanied by the regular petty bitching about 'not being paid', the workers and architects has set up a highly irresponsible sit-down strike. The small council's admonitions that work is a noble payment in itself, has so far been undermined by union leaders seeking political rewards by exploiting a difficult situation.

The small council wishes to point out that any accusations of corruption are results of mass hysteria among the feeble-minded.

Furthermore, the small council accepts any donations that can swell my pocke...um, set the workings in motion again.
Jeff
Apr 28th 5:13 PM
You cannot prevent the inevitable, Min. But fine, fine, whatever time and place you want. Anyway, it won't take long for me to open a can of verbal "Whoop-ass" on you and your squirrely squire during our bout.

Kay-Arne, perhaps I could assist with your labor problems as I have some small expertise in this area. I would suggest hiring some goons, er, security personnel to bust some heads on your striking, disloyal workers. Shoot the first one who protests, and go after his family as well. Poke out the eye of the chief architect and tell him that he'll lose the other one if he doesn't get back to work. That should help move construction along nicely.
KAH
Apr 29th 2:01 AM
Jeff, your advice is very helpful!

As it happens, the position as Commander of the City Watch is available. This place needs a steadfast hand to keep the Plebeians in their lowly places. Will you accept?
Emily
User ID: 9007973
Apr 29th 5:58 AM
Far be it from me to question Kay-Arne's wisdom - especially as he's put 20,000 gold dragons on Min to win - but surely the morale of the City Watch will not be raised by having a commander who is shortly to be hacked into a thousand pieces?
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages