This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / The Movie

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
May 20th 11:24 AM
I really like Revanshe's Movie page, but not that many people have posted there. So, in the spirit of the old Dragonstone topic, I thought I'd bring this one back, too.

If a theoretical movie were made of this epic fantasy, with all actors at their prime and willing to work for $1.00, who would you want to play whom?

Roose Bolton - Willem Dafoe
Ned Stark - Liam Neeson
Tywin Lannister - Patrick Stewart
Tyrion Lannister - Warwick Davies
Benjen Stark - Daniel Day-Lewis
Loras Tyrell - Ioan Gruffudd
Joer Mormont - Sean Connory

KAH
User ID: 9209903
May 20th 12:02 PM
One thing I'm wondering...how do you solve the problem with noseless fellows like Tyrion and Rorge in a movie?

At least if it is not to be covered by a nose patch?
Claidhaim
May 20th 12:05 PM
Find noseless actors? <g>
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
May 20th 2:07 PM
I think Frank Perdue should play Walder Frey. Frey's kind of a chicken anyway.
oba
User ID: 8987493
May 21st 12:00 PM
For anyone who's seen the first "Highlander" flick, whoever the guy is who played the Cargon (sp?) would make a pretty good Gregor Clegane. (Of course, I haven't ever seen that guy in anything else, so who knows if it would be possible to dig him up)
Ser Willem
User ID: 9043333
May 23rd 2:24 PM
Oba,
I believe the spelling is the Kurgan and yes he has done other movies and tv series. He starred in Earth 2 and was also in Shawshank Redemption and a couple others which I forgot their names. Can't recall his real name though. Second him for a great Gregor Clegane.
Ser Gary
May 24th 6:59 AM
I like Peter Horton for the role of Jaime (recently of the tv series Brimstone). Others have recommended Nicole Kidman for Cercei, and I agree.
Markus
User ID: 2936914
May 24th 2:10 PM
IIRC, Kurgan was played by Clancy Brown.

Carol Pilla
User ID: 9405543
May 25th 6:41 PM
Robert Baratheon is a problem -- he needs to be big and fat, but with a certain power and dignity about him. A young Orson Welles type would do, but I can't think of anyone acting today who has the right build and carriage, and who's also young enough -- Robert was only about 35 when he died. Today's actors don't go to fleshiness until they're over 40.
Ser Gary
May 26th 7:00 AM
You're right, Carol. We may need a professional wrestler for the role.
Claidhaim
May 26th 8:02 AM
Wrestlers hmmmmmm? I guess one would make for a good Hodor as well as a possible Drogo although I kind of see Wilt Chamberlain in the Conan movie as Drogo.
Mike H.
User ID: 8290473
May 26th 2:15 PM
What about Jon Rhys-Davies (of Sliders "fame") for Robert? He has the acting skills, and nearly fits the description to a T (except for height).

Jodie Foster for Catelyn?

Leonardo DiCaprio for Varys <lame eunuch joke>

And I just want to add how pissed of I was that Brimstone got cancelled.
Ser Gary
May 26th 2:49 PM
Yeah, Mike, but that cancellation frees up Horton to star in our movie!!!

I'm thinking about the wrestler Bret Hart for the role of Robert.
Claidhaim
User ID: 2581794
May 26th 3:20 PM
Nah, he's too small. You need someone around 6'6" and 300lb.
Ser Gary
May 26th 3:25 PM
Now you're talking about an offensive lineman from the NFL. Tony Boselli of Jacksonville? He's about 25-26 years old and I think we've gotta let him grow his hair a little longer, but it's a start...
Carol Pilla
User ID: 9405543
May 26th 6:49 PM
John Rhys-Davies is the right type but far too old. I can't think of a wrestler with the right look, although Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin would make perfect Clegane brothers. I'm still working on Robert -- I saw a photo of GRRM, and actually he looks right -- maybe he could play Robert himself.
Ser Gary
May 27th 7:07 AM
There's gotta be a role for Jesse Ventura here somewhere, too. I'm thinking he might make a good Sandor.
Claidhaim
May 27th 7:23 AM
How about Jesse as Quorin Half-hand? Better Yet, Illyn Payne.
Jeff
User ID: 8506593
May 27th 8:55 AM
How about O.J. Simpson for Ilyn Payne? Though I suppose the Justice is supposed to get the head _entirely_ off.
Ser Gary
May 27th 9:09 AM
I always thought Lurch from The Addams Family would make a good Ilyn Payne. You ranggggggg???
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages