This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / Danny's visions

Hodor
User ID: 0819174
Jul 25th 9:37 AM
OK it's time to post some suggestions about Danny's visions.first of all,dont foget that the vision of "Robb's last meal" was seen by Danny before she reached the room of the undead so it could be a false vision,an alternate future or something.and now the other visions-there's stannis of course,the king without a shadow,and the blue rose coming out of the wall symbolize the wildings crossing the wall.do you have any ideas about the other visions,like that dragon puppet?
Alexaendra
User ID: 1509104
Jul 25th 8:26 PM
Well, I think her vision of the old king was Aegon, but I'm not quite sure what it symbolizes....

More when I can think ;)

Alexaendra
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 25th 8:32 PM
Actually the old king IMO is Aerys II.
Who was the woman being raped by 4 small men?
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Jul 26th 0:47 AM
I think the wolf king is Robb, but I can't even guess at the context.

The old king is probably Aerys the Mad. This would relate to someone else's idea that Aerys planned to burn KL to the ground before letting Robert take it. That's why those caches of forgotten wild fire turn up all over KL.

I think the next scene is Rhaegaer, and the song refers to Jon, although it wan't him in their, it was the princess of Dorne (Elia?).

Of her visions -

Three fires to light, one for life (the dragons), one for death (she will order drogon to cook someone, or maybe her attack on the seven kingdoms), and one for love (not sure)

three mounts must you ride, one to bed (drogo), one dread (riding drogon somewhere) and one to love (with whoever she loves)

three treasons will you know, one for gold (Illyio), one for blood (the witch) and one for love (Jorah Mormont).

After that I'm not really sure about meanings. Obviously some are descriptions, such as Stannis and Viserys, but as to the meanings?
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Jul 26th 2:47 AM
Rania,

It's been put forward -- I don't recall by who -- that the woman represents the Seven Kingdoms, and the four rat-men are the four kings ravishing her without any care in the world but themselves. Or something like that. I think that one works pretty well.
Rania
User ID: 1711124
Jul 26th 9:59 AM
Yes it does, I had never thought of it that way.
Good thought. Thanks