This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / What I'd like to see

Next 20 Messages
Jeff
User ID: 8506593
Jun 14th 2:59 PM
Throughout this Board, we've all debated what we _think_ will happen in subsequent books. How about playing GRRM for a bit and each of us stating one thing that we'd _like_ to see happen in ASOS and why?

I'd like to see Tywin die. He's the linchpin that holds the Lannisters -- and hence the Lannister-Tyrell alliance -- together. If he dies, tremendous possibilities are opened up for Tyrion, Cersei, and most of the other families in the South. Chaos would reign!
Min
User ID: 9433023
Jun 14th 5:08 PM
That is a typical "Jeff-idea". Strangely, I like it, though. ;-)

A thing I would like to see, though I am sure it would not happen:

Sansa and Sandor living happily everafter.
I _think_ they are meant for a tragic ending, though.

And some others, quite unlikely:

Tyrion as King.

Jaime turning into one of the "good guys" (I explained this in another topic)

Theon's redemption (just to tease you, Jeff)
GreenGerg
User ID: 9928103
Jun 14th 5:45 PM
Robb to *live*.
Carol
User ID: 9405543
Jun 14th 7:01 PM
I would like to see Dany with Tyrion. She needs someone with an amazing brain to take up her cause, and he needs a cause of his own -- his family will never appreciate him. With a dragon under (in any sense), he's more than a match for any potential king, including Robb, and he'll get Dany focused on the right enemy when the Others emerge. Besides, he seems to have a weakness for young blondes. And I'd like to see his arrogant family, Dad included, petitioning him for favors.
Carol
User ID: 9405543
Jun 14th 7:03 PM
I would like to see Dany with Tyrion. She needs someone with an amazing brain to take up her cause, and he needs a cause of his own -- his family will never appreciate him. With a dragon under him (in any sense), he's more than a match for any potential king, including Robb, and he'll get Dany focused on the right enemy when the Others emerge. Besides, he seems to have a weakness for young blondes. And I'd like to see his arrogant family, Dad included, petitioning him for favors.
Jaeger
User ID: 0199184
Jun 15th 1:10 AM
I'ld like to see Tarly as the Lord Commander of the Night Watch, or maybe first ranger. Don't know why, but it strikes me as amusing.
Ser Cuttric
User ID: 0011434
Jun 15th 1:45 AM
Jeff: you have a point ... chaos and confussion must reign. That way the stories are more fun. Tywin dying would definitely do that!

But what about Joff killing Maegery (sp?)
That would surely raise hell. Loras would get very angry, maybe killing Joff (glee!) and removing their support from the Lanisters.
Another power vacuum.

Id like to see Theon flayed by the Bastard, or ... mistaken as a mainlander by his siter and taken as a "salt-husband"

Someone impaled on the Iron Throne.

Jaime and Caytlin fall in love.
Min
Jun 15th 4:29 AM
Jaime and Cat falling in love... I looove that idea! LOL :-)
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Jun 15th 5:39 AM
What I'd want to see? Hmmm...

Stannis bending knee to Dany.

Tyrion marching against the Riverlands.

A Dornishman. _Any_ Dornishman!

Howland Reed meeting with Jon or Catelyn.

Jon transformed into a werewolf. :)

Theon going to the Wall.

Sansa finally getting, no, _taking_ control of her own life.

And a lot of court intrigue, but I think GRRM will grant me that wish in any case...
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Jun 15th 8:51 AM
Things I would like to see:

The truth about Jon's parentage.

Melesandre killed by shadows.

Joffrey killed by Sandor.

Tywin captured by Robb.

I love the idea of Catelyn and Jaime :)

The damn children......
labor Jun 15th 2:02 PM

What I'd like to see:

Tywin's POV, with explanation of the Sack, circumstances of Jaime's joining the Kingsguard and his reasons for a very contradictory stance towards Tyrion.

Explanation why Rhaegar and Rhaella didn't remove loony Aerys from power and establish a regency.

Jon not becoming the King of Westeros. Down with the damned clich�s!

Other ending, than the standard "and magic departs" fare.

Tyrion surviving the series.

Dany signing a Magna Charta and establishing the Star Chamber.

Prince Aegon, who survived the Sack, because his parents weren't as imbecilic as we are led to believe.

Dorne, which is really different from the rest of Westeros. And Dornish....
Min
Jun 15th 9:16 PM
labor: no problem. I am sure Tyrion will live :-)
Keri Stevenson Jun 16th 9:18 AM
What I would like to see....

Stannis dying. In dragonflame.

Jon stay true to his vows.

Arya killing Melisandre.

Catelyn not harming Jaime.

Theon flayed to death.

Tommen on the throne (with Tyrion's guidance).

The Dornishmen invading from the south and taking Casterly Rock.

And, yes, an explanation for all the stupid things the Targaryens did :).
Thofinn Jun 16th 4:28 PM
What I'd like to see/read (I'm a stark fan -I guess I'm cliche-);

Jon as a hero (1st a crucial ally against the others and 2nd for helping against a mighty army of 5 of the 7 kingdoms-) but, dying in Dany's arms.

Dany pregnant with Jon's seed.

Stannis and Lannister bending the knee to Dany.

Starks (Arya) finaly avenging their their dad's/Ned's execution (Arya killing Joffery & Cerei and Nymeria killing ser IIlan(sp?) getting back ICE for herself to use and keep in the Stark family and assinating Melisandre) and Rickon avenging Robb's death and leads an all out war against the Ironborn. Rickon dying in the process but, is declared a mighty leader.

The greatjon slaying the moutain_the_rides.

Tyrion becomes leader/king of the Lannisters.

Bronn becomes a the lord of Herrhanl(sp?)

Sandor helping Sansa escape with the cost of his life but, Sandor is the one thanking Sansa and she never forgets him. Even when she marries into the Mytrell's.

Ser Cuttric
User ID: 2289444
Jun 16th 10:22 PM
I would love to see ..... THE END!
Maybe not yet, but the next book would be good.
Tom
User ID: 8952923
Jun 16th 11:31 PM
What I would like to see? The redemption, perseverance, and thriving of the Stark family.

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty heart thumbing, hand wringing, intense story telling where tragedy happens but goodness purvails.

Robb *living*!!!!

The Starks regaining Ice.

More of the Daynes.

The truth about the lineage of Jon and the whys.

More charaters of the Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent, Gerold Hightower, Ned Stark mold.

More of the Great Jon.
DarthDarthBinks
User ID: 1696934
Jul 4th 4:02 PM
I would like to see:

Treachery and backstabbing cutting both ways. Most notably, the Tyrells turning on the Lannisters and burning both Joffrey and Tommen to death in the Septon's temple.

The wildlings running rampant throughout the north, and removing the Greyjoys and the BOB from power there.

Bran training under Aemon, and learning how to be
a "knight of the mind."

Arya to train under Brienne.

Rickon to grow up angry.

More reckless main character death from GRRM, cause the good guys don't always win.
Min
Jul 5th 3:45 AM
Objection: I'd like to see Arya to train under _Ja'qen_...
Jaeger
User ID: 0199184
Jul 5th 5:00 AM
On perhaps a lighter note, I'ld like to see Dolf(Or is it shaga, or timet) one of that lot meet Twyin. The interaction of chopping off his manhood and feeding it to the goats versus Heads. Spikes. Walls. just strikes me as...I don't know something I'ld like to see.
Min
Jul 5th 5:05 AM
how sweet. :-) Yes, I'd like to see more of Tyrion's clansmen anyway.
Next 20 Messages